Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is teleportation really possible ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 31 July 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Deconstructing and reconstructing a human being. You wouldn't be the same person, no matter what.

Sort of like, Willy Wonka's "Wonkavision" device? :whistle:

#17    Hobbit Feet

Hobbit Feet

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• Drop me off at Willoughby and take me to Aunt T's!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I wonder if something like this could be used to leave out cancer cells when reconstructing someone?

#18    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

View Postdanielost, on 01 August 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

A data burst could handle it.
What? The bandwidth of a communications channel has an upper limit.

When regular communications approaches the bandwidth of the channel, a data burst can reduce the transmission time by increasing the data compression (i.e. omitting data, assuming that reconstruction techniques at the other end can reproduce it).

I don't even think teleported data can be compressed without destroying the entanglement.

Some futuristic communications channel may have a much higher bandwidth than existing channels, sure. But again, that doesn't affect the predictions made in the original story. The amount of data that needs to be transmitted is fixed based on the complexity of a human being.

View PostHobbit Feet, on 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I wonder if something like this could be used to leave out cancer cells when reconstructing someone?
I think it we have the technology to reconstruct someone we will also know an easier way of getting rid of cancer cells... but sure, I guess so.

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,249 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

I wouldn't want someone to have the power to remove what ever cells they wanted.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#20    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,102 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostHobbit Feet, on 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

In Larry Niven's "A World Out of Time" (I believe it was,) the hero notices after being bitten by a cat that his gray hair is disappearing.

He's been using teleportation "pads" too, and one such device transported him to another pad that was beside it.

He thought the cat bite (it was millions of years in the future, and the cat was legless, crawling like a snake) was the key to his new youth.

Turned out the tele pad reset his telomeres and removed all the wastes, etc. from his body.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#21    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,249 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Imagine the government using this on the convicted.  They could go in and remove all the cells causeing him to be evil.  The convict would be somene else.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#22    Whatsinausername

Whatsinausername

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• My God's not dead he's surely alive.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

View Postdanielost, on 02 August 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

Imagine the government using this on the convicted.  They could go in and remove all the cells causeing him to be evil.  The convict would be somene else.

I'm pretty sure the convict would be dead.

#23    rsanchez

rsanchez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

Zeno's Paradox in teleportation form.

#24    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

yeah it does. but not by humans. mostly the time shifter person. thats all. the possibility to explain to you is to highly private and it would be sound impossible to humans. so its best to shut it and let the pros do what they do.

#25    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Posted Image

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#26    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,101 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

There are also unavoidable errors in communications, sending data from one location to another. There is always a segment of noise within the data transfer. It's interesting that this segment of noise contains data, and within this data there is another segment of noise again, and within this noise there is a portion of data, etc. All this becoming smaller and smaller segments of the communication.

Communications technology is designed to retrieve this data from these portions of noise. Even so, I think the teleportation of a human being would always contain unpredictable errors. You would never be exactly the same person after teleportation.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#27    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

The trouble with teleportation: It could take quadrillions of years

Bad news, "Star Trek" fans: Even if you found a way to teleport a human being, sending the required data would take longer than the age of the universe. At least that's what fourth-year physics students from the University of Leicester concluded in the latest of a series of studies on way-out topics.

http://www.nbcnews.c...ears-6C10817487

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users