Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Outlines N.S.A.s Culling of Data

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

NY Times said:

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration on Wednesday released formerly classified documents outlining a once-secret program of the National Security Agency that is collecting records of all domestic phone calls in the United States, as top officials testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The documents include an April ruling by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that supported a secondary order— leaked by the former N.S.A. contractor Edward J. Snowden — requiring a Verizon subsidiary to turn over all of its customers’ phone logs for a three-month period.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Pfft....reminds me of the story of Caligula.  To garner support of the Senate, he promised to destroy all the evidence his great uncle Tiberius had gathered to use for proving treason by members of the Senate.  Caligula supposedly burned the evidence in front of the Senate to prove he was on their side but in secret he had all the evidence copied which he would come to use later.

They may "say" they are culling info...but how would you ever know if they did or did not?

Sad, but you cannot believe anything anyone says anymore.  There is always an agenda....always smoke and mirrors.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users