Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

need a change

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi everyone.
It has come to my attention, intuitively, that I need to move to another location. I've been trying to think of a place to move where I will be able to connect with some like-minded people but I seem to be blocked. Thinking about moving causes feelings of anxiety and panic although I am very unhappy where I am. I could really use some help with this.
Thanks in advance

#2    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

move somewhere random, try not having a plan for once, radomness creates adventure witch improves the fun factor in a life

#3    DystOpt

DystOpt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I write because kidnapping people to make them act out your cool and unique fantasies is frowned upon in most states.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I moved to Nicaragua for a year on a lark. The easiest way to do it is to do it. Don't concern yourself with what might happen. Save a few thousand bucks, sell off the things you don't need, hop in your car or on a plane and just go. You'll be surprised at how easy it is. I had $800 in my pocket when I left the country. I did just fine. I made friends. I got a place to live. I even got a few jobs...all within a few weeks of touching down.

Be careful of your motivations though.

If I may quote lyrics -- I hate people who do that, but they are apropos.

"They weight of lies will bring you down, and follow you to every town;
Nothing happens here that doesn't happen there;
So when you run make sure you run to something and not away from;
Lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you down."

Avett Brothers - Weight of Lies.

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,692 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

any change normally causes some fear and anxiety. Its a human thing we like routine.

Make your change without fearing the outcome. Sometimes you just got to take a leap a faith

Just make sure that what your trying to leave behind isent yourself :tu:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

but if you really need change i have about 75 cents

#6    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

View Postkannin, on 31 July 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

but if you really need change i have about 75 cents
Give it to charity in my name. Maybe I'll get a blessing.

If I was younger, I would sell my car, pack a backpack and stick out my thumb.
I'm not running from myself.
Thanks for the replies guys.

#7    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

What do you mean when you say "like minded people"?  Are we talking about interests, ideologies, or what?

I once had a friend who decided he wanted to move, but couldn't decide.  He tacked a map of the United States to the wall, turned his back to it and threw a dart saying "I'll let chance decide."  

His first dart landed smack in the middle of Lake Superior so I recommended a house boat.......

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#8    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostJMPD1, on 31 July 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

What do you mean when you say "like minded people"?  Are we talking about interests, ideologies, or what?

I once had a friend who decided he wanted to move, but couldn't decide.  He tacked a map of the United States to the wall, turned his back to it and threw a dart saying "I'll let chance decide."  

His first dart landed smack in the middle of Lake Superior so I recommended a house boat.......
i live near lake superior canada side its a beautiful place!

#9    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Well, if you see a nutter trying to build a house in the middle, tell Rob I said "Hi".  :)

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#10    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostJMPD1, on 31 July 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Well, if you see a nutter trying to build a house in the middle, tell Rob I said "Hi".  :)
lol will do, im fishing there tmr!

#11    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostJMPD1, on 31 July 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Well usually when I meet people with similar ideologies to mine they also share interests, so, yes AND I would love to live on a houseboat. I'm kinda looking for hippies.

Did your friend take your suggestion?

Years ago I kept repeating the Question in my mind until I fell asleep, "where should I move to". The first thought I had when I woke up was a line from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, "I must have took a wrong turn in Albuquerque" after he popped his head out of a hole in China. I couldn't figure out if I should move to  Albuquerque or China, lol. Maybe I should try again.

#12    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,772 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

View Postshephardess, on 31 July 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Well usually when I meet people with similar ideologies to mine they also share interests, so, yes AND I would love to live on a houseboat. I'm kinda looking for hippies.

Did your friend take your suggestion?

Years ago I kept repeating the Question in my mind until I fell asleep, "where should I move to". The first thought I had when I woke up was a line from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, "I must have took a wrong turn in Albuquerque" after he popped his head out of a hole in China. I couldn't figure out if I should move to  Albuquerque or China, lol. Maybe I should try again.
china in my mind, very cultural and beautiful

#13    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postkannin, on 31 July 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

china in my mind, very cultural and beautiful
Yea, I love China but it would be difficult to move there. I might have to settle for  a Chinatown.

#14    DystOpt

DystOpt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I write because kidnapping people to make them act out your cool and unique fantasies is frowned upon in most states.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

My next adventure will probably be to Thailand. I love being a writer. I never have to worry about finding a job no matter where I am.

#15    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostDystOpt, on 31 July 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

My next adventure will probably be to Thailand. I love being a writer. I never have to worry about finding a job no matter where I am.
That's cool! I was just thinking about a friend from Thailand who told me I could live with her friend for free if I ever decide to move there.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users