Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Closed Tunnels Could Ruin Hamas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,754 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Spiegel said:

The smuggling tunnels in Sinai are essential for the economy of the Gaza Strip. But since the unrest broke out in Egypt, they have been closed off -- plunging the ruling Hamas party into financial crisis.

It has only been a few weeks since the Egyptian military ousted its president, Mohammed Morsi -- moving him to an undisclosed location where he remains. On Tuesday, the same day a new round of Middle East peace talks kicked off in Washington, European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton payed an unprecedented visit to the deposed president and reported back that he is doing "well."

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,766 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

It's a real shame when friends can't get along...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postand then, on 31 July 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

It's a real shame when friends can't get along...

"Friends" do not dig tunnels and smuggle scarce subsidized goods or stolen merchandise thus causing acute shortages, then tax the smugglers at the other end of the tunnel for a share of the 'booty'. 'Friends' do not smuggle in men and weapons to blow up pipe lines and attack police and army. If this is what friends do, what have they left for an enemy? May be the title should be Open Tunnels Could Ruin Egypt".

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,233 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

If the ruin of Hamas means the end of the siege on Gaza then good riddance.   Palestinians have to fight for their rights.   Politics is no reason to stop them.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users