Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

BBCode table

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,006 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Does UM supports BBCode table? I tried table, th, tr, td tags, but "table" is displayed with all tags, i.e. [table][tr][th]"some text"[/tr]/[th]...[tr][td]"some text"[/tr][/td]...[/table]

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Unfortunately I don't believe Invision Board supports table layout tags.

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,100 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostSaru, on 01 August 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Unfortunately I don't believe Invision Board supports table layout tags.

That's rather a pity. It would be a useful function.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,006 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thank you, Saru.
I can only echo Waspie, it would be quite useful sometimes (not for everyday use, of course).

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,100 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 01 August 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Thank you, Saru.
I can only echo Waspie, it would be quite useful sometimes (not for everyday use, of course).
A trick I have used in the past, when a table was particularly useful, wass to generate the table in Excel and then take a screen shot. I then posted the screen shot as an image.

It's long winded but it works.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,991 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 01 August 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

generate the table in Excel and then take a screen shot. I then posted the screen shot as an image.

Yes that would be the easiest way to get a table in to a post.

#7    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,006 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 01 August 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

A trick I have used in the past, when a table was particularly useful, wass to generate the table in Excel and then take a screen shot. I then posted the screen shot as an image.

It's long winded but it works.
That, certainly, is better solution than my first thought about taking screen shot from notepad (tabulated data in monospaced fonts).
Anyway, thanks for excel idea. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users