Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Corpses could soon be revived 24 hours after

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostPurplos, on 02 August 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Why on earth are people so afraid of dying?

This disturbs me.

Im not. Just afraid I will not finish my plans. Plus I believe that when we die that all mysteries become known. And I still want to explore on my own.

Edited by the L, 02 August 2013 - 02:40 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#17    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Not possible under normal temperatures. Unless your talking freezing.

#18    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

This would be great for law enforcement with vcthose that died wrongful deaths.  Imagine being able to put the finger on someone who tried to kill you once and sending them away for life...

#19    Curley Fryes

Curley Fryes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

If it works, I guess we will find out if there is life after death.

#20    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

This disturbs me.
Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

#21    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Reckon if it does work, I will have to put something in my living will about not reanimating me.  Once I am gone, I want it to be permanent.

#22    EtherialNight

EtherialNight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

There have been cases in recent years were people who were seemingly dead, like in hospital pronounced dead, that have come back to life on their own after many hours, so maybe it will be possible to revive someone after 24 hours. The issue of course is whether brain function returns to normal, or if there is too much damage from being starved of oxygen.

#23    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,244 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

This begs the question do you we die after are brain or heart stops? Or do we die when are Souls leave the body? And if we truly do have Souls does are Soul reside within our body's Cells? And then once every single Brain Cell is dead do we die then?

#24    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

This disturbs me.

I don't want to die. I like thinking and seeing the world change around me. Think of all the people who died over one hundred years ago. Never seeing machines, electronics, medical advances. Now imagine all the cool stuff we're going to miss when we die.

Can't do much when you're dead, not even being able to reminisce about you're life. IMO.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#25    rose quatz

rose quatz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

This is to much like Flatliners..

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,195 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

This disturbs me.
Some crazy people enjoy life.

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,245 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

The thing is, this guy says in 20 years ..."maybe" they can do it. Funny enough he is also promoting a book on the subject, so sensational claims sell books!

Well what about all those bodies in cryogenic freezers? One of the first was in the 60's, 40 years ago and still no tech exists to bring them back.

But in reality, a corpse would have to be in a clinic/hospital within moments of death, in order to pump oxygen to the blood/brain etc, a bit like a life support system can keep clinically dead people seemingly alive, (in terms of breathing and heart beating etc).

So if its the case where you find say a 10 hour dead corpse, Id say that, along with the issues of rigor mortis which can set in after a few hours, and oxygen starvation to the cells and brain, plus the fact the blood settles in the lowest parts of the body and thickens and rots, and the intestinal bacteria create gasses and eat the body from the inside...that the body may be too far gone for re animating, if found some time after death.

Still - whether he is sensationalizing it for his book is one thing, but another thing is, this idea is mainly for heart attack victims. Those dying of natural old age or cancer will be staying dead for sure.

Anyone else get reminded of Stephen Kings, Pet Sematary?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#28    Hobbit Feet

Hobbit Feet

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• Drop me off at Willoughby and take me to Aunt T's!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

You have 6 minutes without oxygen before brain death starts.  I think the only people on this list would be people they know have only been dead less than 6 minutes, like people that die in emergency rooms or during surgery and have oxygen and blood flowing and of course it keeps flowing. Maybe someone frozen.  Also the heart would have to be healthy, as in people that die from trauma or shock.  If it's someone with heart disease there's little point is resusitation. If someone can be actually classified as a corpse? I don't think so.

Edited by Hobbit Feet, 03 August 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#29    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

This disturbs me.

It's the fear of emptiness and fear of loss. If you can fathom the possibility that death may be the loss of everything that's your existence, except the physical residue, it can make your selfish side scared. Some have a stronger side there, and haven't found assurance in that they do not disappear nor solace in the disappearing itself. It's kind of a rest, gives you a break. It's ultimately the fear itself that makes you feel bad though.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#30    chiphead

chiphead

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Oh great! now I get to die twice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users