Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK anti-Bush letters spark outrage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#31    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:15 PM

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular...My spidey sense tells me when these threads are about to go to hell in a handbasket, and I did not want this one to go that way as I think it could be quite a productive discussion.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#32    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:40 PM

"Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with you own worthless corner of it," wrote one from Texas.

There speaks the voice of a true ally.

BRITISH TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ

Yeah, why is it for being the US's closest ally and the second largest member of the Coalition in Iraq they always seem to be attacking us for it? huh.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#33    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:19 AM

Lovely little baby twpdyp...You must be proud of him.
Now I see you more as a human being and not 'cyber junk'. (no insult intended)  original.gif

I think that posting the picture was part of your strategy to disorientate...But it just reminds me of all parents around the world trying (their best) to do the best for their families.

vimjams
ph34r.gif

Posted Image

#34    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:24 AM

And I stand by my comments

Vimjams
ph34r.gif

Posted Image

#35    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:57 AM

I would have liked it if British troops never went to Iraq...I would also like to see them removed right now. But it isn't going to happen...I know that and I am stuck with it. I don't have to like it or agree with this situation...Ok

its interesting how you never directly say
"i wish for a humanitarian disaster in Iraq"

which your viewpoint of removing troops ultimately will achieve

"I want a new taliban"

come on, just say it, its obvious thats what you want.

#36    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:33 AM

its interesting how you never directly say
"i wish for a humanitarian disaster in Iraq"

Bathory...I probably do not say this because I do not wish it...But I do observe it. You more than likely spend your time looking at Stellar's photographs to notice that this disaster has already occurred.  

which your viewpoint of removing troops ultimately will achieve

Does Britains 6000 soldiers make that much of a difference then...Or are they there to bolster the USA's credibility?

"I want a new taliban"

come on, just say it, its obvious thats what you want.

I want to win the national lottery and I want soft boiled eggs for my breakfast...Sometimes I even want to run stark bollock naked down the main High Street (just for fun mind you and just to see the look on people's faces)  w00t.gif No...can't say I ever wanted a "new taliban".

Bathory: Instead of trying to imagine the things I want (I'm flattered that you even bother) why don't you give your self a little bit more thought!

Vimjams
ph34r.gif

Posted Image

#37    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:40 AM

Bathory...I probably do not say this because I do not wish it...But I do observe it. You more than likely spend your time looking at Stellar's photographs to notice that this disaster has already occurred.

well then i guess you feel the troops should stay, thanks for clearing that up.

Does Britains 6000 soldiers make that much of a difference then...Or are they there to bolster the USA's credibility?

it does make the difference, especially with britains role in the south of iraq.

#38    Metalix Knightmare

Metalix Knightmare

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• Sanity is but a crutch for those who can't handle reality...

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

Somedays I think the world needed Russa to remain as a superpower. This country needs a good strike to the ego.

#39    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(Metalix Knightmare @ Oct 20 2004, 02:19 PM)
Somedays I think the world needed Russa to remain as a superpower. This country needs a good strike to the ego.

View Post

So you want someone to strike us? blink.gif

That sounds rather treasonous. Considering this comment and your willingness to flee the country if a draft were to start up you are just the model citizen aren't you?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

#40    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(twpdyp @ Oct 19 2004, 04:30 PM)
That is fine by me get them out now!!!!! And when the next bomb goes off in London don't come crying to the United States of America. In fact perhaps the United States should just pull all of our troops out of the worlds hot spots and let the tyrants have their way. No more foreign aid of any kind, be it finiancial, humanitarian, military or any other aid. I think the United States has been the worlds big brother long enough, it is time for someone else to carry the ball for a while. Ohhhhh and that also includes booting out of our country everyone who is not a United States citizen, including the folks at that wonderful building in New York City, you remember the U.N., that spineless bunch of waste. Boot them out as well....

View Post

They never came crying to the US when a bomb went off. They held thier own.  Brits are *FAR* from pansy ass.

With aditudes like this... no wonder half the world dislikes the states.  But yeah, I know "Who cares!"  *snorts*  The step towards world unity, is to not be isolationists, but not be overbearing world bullies.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#41    Metalix Knightmare

Metalix Knightmare

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• Sanity is but a crutch for those who can't handle reality...

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:35 PM

I did not say I wanted someone to stike us Fluffy ,(Granted It did sound like that didin't it?), I said we need a rival superpower again for the fact that some of the people here are so arragont in the power of this country that they think that every other country that does not support us is nothing but cowardly wimps.

And considering I live in a state with one of the highest redneck populations of the world I have to hear quotes like " whuy dun weas just nuke raq n all dem udder dang Islam worshpin terrorist cuntrys?" on a dayly basis you could possibly see why I think this country has an ego problem.

#42    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:03 AM

Careful Metalix Knightmare: Your stepping on the 'Inquisitions' toes here.
But I understand the point you are making...Moderately speaking of course.

Vimjams
ph34r.gif

Posted Image

#43    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:42 AM

I did not say I wanted someone to stike us Fluffy ,(Granted It did sound like that didin't it?), I said we need a rival superpower again for the fact that some of the people here are so arragont in the power of this country that they think that every other country that does not support us is nothing but cowardly wimps

It did come across that way, hence my comment, but if that was not the case then I apologize. I agree with you in that this president is arrogant and has overstepped his bounds with Iraq. I agree ith Bush on going into Afghanistan and searching out Al Queda there(or wherever the end up), but I totally disagreed with Bush on Iraq, and if you read through some of my political posts you can see where I stand on the issue of Iraq.

And considering I live in a state with one of the highest redneck populations of the world I have to hear quotes like " whuy dun weas just nuke raq n all dem udder dang Islam worshpin terrorist cuntrys?" on a dayly basis you could possibly see why I think this country has an ego problem

Part of it does have an ego problem. I won't disagree with you there. Education is going to help resolve that issue, as is a change in our leadership. That will happen soon enough. Some people are beyond help when it comes to understanding international politics, but not all. Trying to get a bigger picture out to more people who have no idea of the truth of the matter in Iraq is important.

Some folks accept the party line whatever it may be and do very little analysis or critical thinking. I think it is important to see both side of the discussion and to make up your own mind on the matter. Helping others to do the same so that they can come to their own conclusion is important too.

Careful Metalix Knightmare: Your stepping on the 'Inquisitions' toes here.
But I understand the point you are making...Moderately speaking of course.

Vimjams, you do not know the inquisition. Enough with the childish innuendos and petty games. The issues brought to you were your fault and no one elses. Either get over it, or move on...

Edited by Fluffybunny, 21 October 2004 - 04:43 AM.

#44    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:19 AM

at least beckjord was annoying AND funny:(

#45    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:22 AM

I hope no one closes this thread yet.  

Every country affects another, we are only one world and our communication, transportation, and resources span across the entire world.  WE NEED EACH OTHER TO SURVIVE, if not now then in the future.  Get that in your heads.  Think before you respond in a negative manner.  Just think and you'll understand.

The constant arguements and thoughtless bickering will be our undoing.   And the arguements set within here is an example of how World War 3 would result from.  Lets just hope that no more ignorant and arrogant people are allowed to become politicians or leaders of countries.

If only a greater enemy outside our earth existed and put our earth into a dangerous position.  Only then would our countries quickly unite to fight for a greater cause--humanity.

Remember this...

Edited by Blue-Scorpion, 21 October 2004 - 05:25 AM.

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users