Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

psychic abilities, consciousness, meditation?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Man was using a very little of his abilities.In my opinion psychic abilities are a normal part of human life.But due to man lost in all technological life was unable to concentrate on what he is.Human evolution is also a continuous process and i believe everyone's psychic abilities show up as a part of human evolution.And in every psychic ability this universal energy plays the main role.What exactly is this energy made of? And people with high imagination power can easily manifest their psychic abilities.In every ability meditation plays a main role involving the visualization of energy flowing in the body.Everyone believes that meditation is the only way to gain consciousness and finally passing through all the 7 stages of it reaching nirvana the god stage.But what i strongly believe is meditation is not the only way to gain consciousness.

#2    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Tell me your opinions please

#3    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

intuition and being aware of your surroundings help in developing psychic abilities and helps us to communicate with our guides and higher beings.

#4    gentai

gentai

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• life is evolution. love is acceptance. god is consciousness.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

psycic abilities? - like empathy?
consciousness? - like awareness?
meditation? - i dont

#5    gentai

gentai

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• life is evolution. love is acceptance. god is consciousness.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

intuition and awareness. yeah. they help alot

#6    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostMegan marti, on 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Tell me your opinions please

Hello,

My experience and my understanding is that telepathy, when defined as a shared experience, is the core skill for advancement in any area.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,717 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostMegan marti, on 02 August 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

In my opinion psychic abilities are a normal part of human life.

Why should "psychic" abilities be the part of any creatures lives?
We have physical senses to help us deal with the REAL world and so-called "psychic" abilities have no use in the REAL world.
We developed technologies to help us in the REAL world and our brains are for learning, thinking, logic and rationality. This is what gets us around in the REAL world.

Even if psychic abilities were valid, we, as a race, would still be developing technologies. We would not be living in trees and thinking happy, fluff-bunny thoughts.

#8    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

I guess you don't like to meditate,

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#9    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostMegan marti, on 02 August 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

intuition and being aware of your surroundings help in developing psychic abilities and helps us to communicate with our guides and higher beings.

True, but in-order to shift your awareness to merge with the consciousness level of where your guides, higher self/soul resides, one has to be able to open the gateways / doors. Or project. It is all metaphor.  Meditation has a direct effect on changing consciousness level and awareness shift. That is why it such a popular method.

However, it is very possible to train your awareness to hold 2 or more places at the same time - or two levels of consciousness simultaneously, meaning that there are people who walk about in "meditation mode" as far as their brain waves would go  as their everyday woken state now. More and more people are finding they are able to do this now because things are changing, shifts are happening which widen the net further and further, and in using another metaphor it is known as the awakening / bridging the gap to the higher self consciousness.

Going back to your first post, there is an awful  lot to thee 'story' - the truth of this world that is not readily apparent yet, but there is a reason why the psychic scope of the masses is so dulled down and even disowned or attacked. These times are coming to an end though and the door is opening to the greater awareness of consciousness again where our multiple levels of reality will be as real as each other. Some people and ancients texts refer to this as the veil coming down, that is another complex matter in it's own right as anything which is put there to "protect growth" can also stunt it in other ways. There has to be a balance between evolving and the right to so in a free will environment, not a manipulated one which is how it has been for sometime.

The perfect world would see a healthy balance between technologies and the harnessing of spiritual awareness power. Not all eggs in the basket should ever be put on just one path or other.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#10    Lumpino

Lumpino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Psychic abilities and meditation?  See siddhis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi
Five siddhis of Yoga and meditation

In the Bhagavata Purana, the five siddhis of Yoga and meditation are:
  • tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future
  • advandvam: tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities
  • para citta ādi abhijñatā: knowing the minds of others and so on
  • agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, and so on
  • aparājayah: remaining unconquered by others..............................................
atp
See Shiva samhita, Sat chakra nirupana ...........and other Yoga texts.

#11    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,329 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostRyu, on 02 August 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Why should "psychic" abilities be the part of any creatures lives?
We have physical senses to help us deal with the REAL world and so-called "psychic" abilities have no use in the REAL world.
We developed technologies to help us in the REAL world and our brains are for learning, thinking, logic and rationality. This is what gets us around in the REAL world.

Even if psychic abilities were valid, we, as a race, would still be developing technologies. We would not be living in trees and thinking happy, fluff-bunny thoughts.

I don't know how you connected psychic abilities with living in trees and thinking happy, fluff-bunny thoughts, but it made me laugh. Maybe some psychic abilities are physical senses that are latent in some and more developed in others. You know, like the feeling we get when something or someone creeps us out, or the thought that says call a friend and your phone rings, and it's them on the phone, that kind of thing. It can be helpful but it's not a replacement for technology, or anything else, but maybe it can be an enhancement. At one time, when we were living in tribes, having a few thousand or million extra nerve ending that allowed us to sense more than most folks would have been an advantage.

Edited by Beany, 10 August 2013 - 02:11 AM.

#12    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostLumpino, on 09 August 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

Psychic abilities and meditation?  See siddhis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi
    Five siddhis of Yoga and meditation

In the Bhagavata Purana, the five siddhis of Yoga and meditation are:
  • tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future
  • advandvam: tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities
  • para citta ādi abhijñatā: knowing the minds of others and so on
  • agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, and so on
  • aparājayah: remaining unconquered by others..............................................
atp
See Shiva samhita, Sat chakra nirupana ...........and other Yoga texts.

#13    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

thats a lot from hindu mythology. :) but in hindu mythology moksha is the thing everyone strives for.but in consciousness nirvana is the final and god like stage.that is important than moksha.

#14    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

those you mentioned were practised by yogis.every religion mentions them not just hinduism.

those you mentioned were practised by yogis.every religion mentions them not just hinduism.

#15    Megan marti

Megan marti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

siddhis are just common abilities one achieve in their consciousness journey..one shouldnt use them selfishly.they should continue their work for evolution instead of satisfying with those powers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users