Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jacques Cousteau

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Nateman

Nateman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

There was an article on Yahoo about Megladons, and someone in the comments mentioned that Jacques Cousteau once took a video/saw something weird that looked like it was walking upright and straight like a human, but it was on the ocean floor. Does anyone know anything about this?

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,770 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

I do seem to recall a story of him seeing "something odd" (odder then the usual stuff found under the sea) but not something like a Deep One or someone with the Innesmouth look.
So I think you've been spun a furphy based on a misremembered (intentionally or otherwise) story.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats, 04 August 2013 - 12:55 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,542 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostNateman, on 04 August 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

There was an article on Yahoo about Megladons, and someone in the comments mentioned that Jacques Cousteau once took a video/saw something weird that looked like it was walking upright and straight like a human, but it was on the ocean floor. Does anyone know anything about this?

I do specifically remember that episode. I was a huge fan. Now, nothing like a human. It was orange, and had 4 " legs " that looked like stumps. It was " walking " along like a stiff legged cow. It did not have a head, or neck...May have been some type of starfish. It has been a long time, but I do remember that.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,159 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'e always liked this story, there was a similar one about Jacques and I believe the Great Salt Lake

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#5    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostNateman, on 04 August 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Here's an older thread with mention of Cousteau diving in the Bermuda Triangle, Lake Tahoe,

http://www.unexplain...opic=84069&st=0

and another

http://www.unexplain...pic=52671&st=60

#6    Susiq2

Susiq2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

When I was young I believed in nothing paranormal. Since then I have lived in a *haunted* house, seen 3 UFOS(!), and a Sasquatch. Now I believe that anything is probably possible:(

#7    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,159 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Weird, I went the opposite direction.

What if we live on exact opposite sides of the globe and are the balances to each other in the universe.

DESTINAY!

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#8    Susiq2

Susiq2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 04 August 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Weird, I went the opposite direction.

What if we live on exact opposite sides of the globe and are the balances to each other in the universe.

DESTINAY!
Skeptical, Hopefully one day you will also experience the paranormal. I now realize that there is a world that exists along side ours that we rarely encounter, yet it is truly there:(

#9    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

This wasn't Jacque Cousteau, but I do remember reading a book years ago (sorry I don't remember the author or title) about the deep-sea sub and looking for the Titanic. I remember they mentioned in passing seeing creatures that were "straight out of a sci-fi novel". They didn't go into detail, though, maybe because they thought they wouldn't be believed, but it did arouse my curiosity.

Posted Image

#10    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostSusiq2, on 04 August 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

When I was young I believed in nothing paranormal. Since then I have lived in a *haunted* house, seen 3 UFOS(!), and a Sasquatch. Now I believe that anything is probably possible:(
This comment tells me that your mind may be playing tricks with you.

#11    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,990 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostMyles, on 05 August 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

This comment tells me that your mind may be playing tricks with you.

Maybe she's telling the truth? Just because we personally haven't seen it, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't real. Open up your mind.

#12    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostEver After, on 05 August 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Maybe she's telling the truth? Just because we personally haven't seen it, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't real. Open up your mind.

Maybe her mind is playing tricks with her.   Just because she thinks it does not make it true.   Don't be gullible.  
It goes both ways.   Believing everything people say is not the same as having an open mind.

#13    Archosaur

Archosaur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

All I recall of the incident is he was alone on a dive. When he returned he said he saw something incredible, but the world was not ready for it. I am unsure if this story is accurate, though. As to waether he would have been eblieved if he revealed it: this is Jacques Coustou, at the time the most famous an influential oceanic naturalist, not to mention underwater pohtographer.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,542 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostArchosaur, on 05 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

All I recall of the incident is he was alone on a dive. When he returned he said he saw something incredible, but the world was not ready for it. I am unsure if this story is accurate, though. As to waether he would have been eblieved if he revealed it: this is Jacques Coustou, at the time the most famous an influential oceanic naturalist, not to mention underwater pohtographer.

Rule #1 for Divers :

Never dive alone, all ways have a buddy.

Doubt he was alone.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostArchosaur, on 05 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Gee. What a coincidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users