Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Lawyer tries to overturn Jesus' conviction

dola indidis jesus conviction kenyan judiciary christian messiah

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,383 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

A Kenyan lawyer has petitioned the International Court of Justice to overturn the trial and conviction of Jesus Christ and his subsequent death sentence.

Dola Indidis, a former spokesman of the Kenyan Judiciary, is attempting to sue, among others, the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel over the execution of the Christian Messiah.

http://www.dailymail...nded-Jesus.html

Posted Image

#2    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,823 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-12.htm

View PostStill Waters, on 04 August 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

A Kenyan lawyer has petitioned the International Court of Justice to overturn the trial and conviction of Jesus Christ and his subsequent death sentence.

Dola Indidis, a former spokesman of the Kenyan Judiciary, is attempting to sue, among others, the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel over the execution of the Christian Messiah.

Quote from the article:

According to the New Testament, the Messiah ran into trouble after performing miracles and claiming he was the son of God, prompting Jewish authorities to arrest him on charges of blasphemy.

---------

Makes me think of this verse from the bible:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-12.htm

For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” - Blaise Pascal

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

He sacrificed Himself for our sins so a pardon is not required, imo.

#4    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

The Republic of Italy wasn't even established until the 1800's; he can't mean the Vatican (also a sovereign state), as there were no 'Roman Catholic' authorities functioning in Palestine circa 30-33 A.D. St. Peter had just bailed on his first assignment. As for the State of Israel, perhaps there is a need for Special Prosecutor Mel Gibson, who repeated the "blood libel" against the Jewish people in his film "The Passion of the Christ;" but actually theocracy was crushed numerous times in Jerusalem and thereabouts between 70 AD and 1948 AD.

What the good lawyer really could use is a time machine to get on the track of those originally implicated.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#5    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,823 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 05 August 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

The Republic of Italy wasn't even established until the 1800's; he can't mean the Vatican (also a sovereign state), as there were no 'Roman Catholic' authorities functioning in Palestine circa 30-33 A.D. St. Peter had just bailed on his first assignment. As for the State of Israel, perhaps there is a need for Special Prosecutor Mel Gibson, who repeated the "blood libel" against the Jewish people in his film "The Passion of the Christ;" but actually theocracy was crushed numerous times in Jerusalem and thereabouts between 70 AD and 1948 AD.

What the good lawyer really could use is a time machine to get on the track of those originally implicated.

What the lawyer could use is a brain.

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” - Blaise Pascal

#6    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Oi vey.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,356 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Wouldn't they have to prove he was a real person first. It is all just hearsay. That might be kind of tough.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 04 August 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Did anyone not inform the idiot that Jesus was meant to be a sacrifice for the sins of mankind?  It was his fathers plan?

I hate these things, this tires in with some that claim - Jesus was murdered...they forget the reason why they have salvation amongst everything else..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#9    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Personally, I'm more worried about "the Jews killed Jesus' angle myself.  Other than that, seems like this "lawyer" is trying to make a quick & sleazy buck.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

#10    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,139 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 05 August 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Did anyone not inform the idiot that Jesus was meant to be a sacrifice for the sins of mankind?  It was his fathers plan?

I hate these things, this tires in with some that claim - Jesus was murdered...they forget the reason why they have salvation amongst everything else..
Wouldn't that make it suicide by cop then?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#11    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Italy isnt Roman empire.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#12    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 05 August 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

as one member said, he was not murdered, he was executed by law of the state.

Edited by the L, 05 August 2013 - 12:49 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#13    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostJMPD1, on 05 August 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Personally, I'm more worried about "the Jews killed Jesus' angle myself.  Other than that, seems like this "lawyer" is trying to make a quick & sleazy buck.

Oh yes he will be probably accused if not charged for antisemitism.

#14    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

Talk about cold case files!

Posted Image

#15    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

View Postthe L, on 05 August 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

Oh yes he will be probably accused if not charged for antisemitism.

Somehow, I do not think that Kenya has very many anti-Semitic laws on the books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users