Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Spain Seizes Islamic Militants Suspected of Plot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

MADRID (Reuters) - Police arrested seven suspected Islamic militants in raids across Spain on Monday to foil a planned bomb attack on the High Court, judicial sources said.

The arrests came seven months after train bombs killed 191 people in Madrid.

The seven suspects, including four Algerians and one Moroccan, were arrested in the southern region of Andalusia, the Mediterranean city of Valencia and Madrid.

Further arrests could be made in the coming hours as part of the operation against a radical and violent Muslim network, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

Crusading Judge Baltasar Garzon ordered the arrests as part of his inquiry into Islamic militant cells in Spain.

The suspects had been in contact with other individuals in Europe, the United States and Australia, the statement said.

Article

But Spain pulled out of Iraq... Why can't we all just get along?  rolleyes.gif

#2    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:23 PM

Spain must have done something else wrong, its all spains fault

#3    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:09 PM

Old news

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=25161

Spain must have done something else wrong, its all spains fault

And when Australia arrests foreign terrorists on its soil I take it thatís all Australiaís' fault too?

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#4    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:10 PM

At least Spain are actively doing something about terrorism and catching these scum. Good for them! thumbsup.gif

#5    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:17 PM

Doesn't the report say "suspected"...Jeez. Talk about 'innocent until proven guilty'

Probably similar to most of the UK scares about arrested (terror suspects)....Nothing ever comes of it, just makes good copy and increases the sales!

Vimjams
ph34r.gif

Posted Image

#6    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

And when Australia arrests foreign terrorists on its soil I take it thatís all Australiaís' fault too?

of course not, i was taking a jab at people who think that its our actions which are the cause, when Spain already did what the these groups want and still another attack was planned.

#7    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:05 PM

of course not, i was taking a jab at people who think that its our actions which are the cause, when Spain already did what the these groups want and still another attack was planned.

Oh drop the propoganda, Spain's been fighting Eta and has had troubles with Islamic Terrorists for decades, and will continue to fight them. They were a minor partner in the Coalition and gave you a good year of their service in Iraq, instead of the constant Spain-bashing you could show some gratitude for the fact they were there in the first place.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users