Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Help stop being too emotional ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    marcha887

marcha887

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I dont know what i need more a reading or advice .My husbands older brother hates me with a passion . We've been together for 8 years and I am yet to hear a solid reason . he said he feels like im bossy and i boss my husband around but was asked to come up with an example n he failed ... he says that but he hated me even a week after we started dating and he didht even see me enough to see if i was bossy or not .He makes an effort to upset me each time he's around us and I have seen all types of  hell from him . He's not really a nice person and his relationship don't seem to work . We are happy together and only seem to argue when he comes around or says something . I want to stop caring about what he says or does because Its not going to stop . Each insult is like a jab . I loaned him $2000 because I felt like he was family and yesterday I tried to make a payment plan with him and he went crazy on me so after all these years keeping all the pain inside I also went crazy And told him everything that i hv felt . Their whole family was there and now I regret because noone had ever seen that side if me even my husband but they were supportive of me because they know him well and they told me to ignore him . I don't know how to do that as I'm very emotional and I just react to actions or words that come out of his mouth ..... I want to be nice for the sake of my husband ...

#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

if i doesnt bother your husband, dont worry about it.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,381 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Well..if it is bothering you then your husband should care and there is no excuse for someone to be harboring unexplainable hostility towards you.

Talk with your husband and find out what is going on and why else this situation will only get worse. Why continue being the punching bag for someone else?

#4    cry0s

cry0s

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Pretty sure that the brother has always been this way to an extent. There's a sense of entitlement there and he struggles when the attention is taken off of him. I would ignore and keep going about your own business. I do hope that you get the 2K back, though :/

Edited by cry0s, 11 August 2013 - 06:30 PM.

You walker, there are no roads, only wind trails in the sea ~Antonio Machado~

#5    NLC

NLC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

you could accuse him of having hidden feelings for you?  I know it sounds strange.  But point out to him that 'little boys' pull 'little girls' pig tails when they like them on the playground.  Maybe that is what is happening to you.  You said he started when you barely knew him....if anything this might embarress him enough to lay off of you???
Just an idea...I'm sorry you are going through this...

#6    AwakenAscension

AwakenAscension

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• Without being lost, there can be no adventure.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

No one is "too emotional". Our mental capacity or discipline to control ourselves (not get overwhelmed) by a degree of emotions, WEAKENS, Just like muscles, when we do not experience true, deep emotions often enough. This can be caused by staying "comfortable" for too long or stimulation-seeking (or any excitement/stress) instead of emotion. "Medicine" will disagree ofcourse. LOL But that's my theory.

As for the bro-in-law, just outsmart him. Make him look/feel like some weirdo/creep and stay outa' your business. Don't just make it easy for him.

DISCLAIMER- I didn't get that from the stars or anything. Just advice.

Edited by AwakenAscension, 29 August 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Once the threads of fate become entangled,
they can never be undone.
So as we create our destiny, from our own angle,
we stretch and pull this web, as one.

#7    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

A possibility: He could be jealous that you have a successful relationship with his brother.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users