Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Nazca Line Humanoid Depicts Dover Demon

dover demon nazca lines

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,146 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I can't see any correlation between the Dover Demon in Bartlett's drawing and the Nazca Lines image. They are both roughly humanoid but that's as far as the similarities go, there's also no reason to assume that Bartlett's drawing represents the existence of a real creature.

#17    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostSaru, on 07 August 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I can't see any correlation between the Dover Demon in Bartlett's drawing and the Nazca Lines image. They are both roughly humanoid but that's as far as the similarities go, there's also no reason to assume that Bartlett's drawing represents the existence of a real creature.

that's what i meant as well. I'm pretty sure that if you just dig deep enough into ancient cave drawings, you can find Spongebob Squarepants...

#18    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,525 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostNatureBoff, on 07 August 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

You're not familiar with the early drawings from Victorian explorers who depicted giraffes and rhinos and kangaroos etc that were thought impossible by the lay audience of the time. There's a first time for everything.

I am very well familiar with illustrations of that sort, i studied art for some time. Take for example Albrecht Dürers famous Rhino drawing that he created only from what he was told about this animal, he never saw one. But that's not the point here.

You can't just link two vaguely (!) resembling illustrations and link one to the other. Wait: You can! But it doesn't make sense.

#19    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 07 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

I'd like to refer you to post#5.

Thanks,  but no.  It is too contrived and I've already lost interest.  Good luck.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#20    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Okay, okay, it's a tenuous connection, I agree but still better than an 'astronaut' imv. The circumstantial evidence remains however due to the fact that all the other Nazca images are special animals of wonder. I did a quick search and found a UK Dover demon-like encounter:

Location. Goodhurst Kent England
Date: 1955
Time: 0330A
The witness was staying at the local village school and was sleeping in one of the rooms by herself. She suddenly awoke feeling a terrible coldness in the room. She then saw a strange figure crouching to the left of her bed. It was small and had two large staring eyes and appeared to be encased in a soft glow. It stared at the witness with an obscene and malevolent gaze. Eventually the room became warmer and the creature disappeared.

Source: Graham J MacEwan, Mystery Animals of Britain & Ireland

Edited by NatureBoff, 07 August 2013 - 02:31 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#21    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,328 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

There are no Nazca lines in the UK..so how is that connected to the UK?

#22    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,268 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Have we considered that the drawings are of some everyday objects, and teh guys in the poorly lit caves using their fingers to smear stuff on walls, might've just been crappy artists?

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#23    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

First off, you're jumping geographically a lot. Why would something like that go from Peru to Dover, and where was it hidding for the 1500 years in between?

Second, I don't understand how you always manage to combine the randomest cryptids, just because they're both humanoid DOES NOT mean they're the same. Not that they even look similar in the pictures to me. Dover demon has a distinctly dffferent head shape that all witnessess point out. You could just as well say the dover demon was a human as you could that it's the same thing depicted in the nazca lines.

This thread is just rediculous to me, as well as every other thread by the infamous smugfish.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

#24    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,328 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostCryptid_Control, on 07 August 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

First off, you're jumping geographically a lot. Why would something like that go from Peru to Dover, and where was it hidding for the 1500 years in between?

Second, I don't understand how you always manage to combine the randomest cryptids, just because they're both humanoid DOES NOT mean they're the same. Not that they even look similar in the pictures to me. Dover demon has a distinctly dffferent head shape that all witnessess point out. You could just as well say the dover demon was a human as you could that it's the same thing depicted in the nazca lines.

This thread is just rediculous to me, as well as every other thread by the infamous smugfish.
because he knows he has lost that battle, so he jumps and jumps and tries to change subject

#25    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 07 August 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

It's only a representation of course. Not many people would have seen the Dover demon compared to seeing monkeys, spiders, dogs, hummingbirds etc. The dog image only has three front toes and an extra leg cocked as if peeing against a tree etc. The humanoid is standing with two arms, perhaps one waving? The Dover demon is renowned for staring at people who see it and then slowly moving away. Calling the humanoid a Dover demon makes more sense than calling it the "astronaut" imo. Why call it that? It's a bit out of place now that the X-files mania has died down.

Here's a sighting of the Dover demon in a standing stance

Posted Image

Posted Image

*snip*

Eh, you do know that these aren't photographs, and just someone's second-hand interpretation of what someone else reportedly saw, right?

Posted Image

#26    Red Moon

Red Moon

Psychic Spy

• 1,904 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

The Dover Demon hasn't got ears or a tail.
The giant monkey has these, plus an oddity, five fingers on one hand but four fingers on the other hand.

Edited by Rogue Suga, 12 August 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users