Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama cancels talks with Putin

obama putin russia us

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

The US got caught; don't let that cause you to think that others aren't doing the same things.

#32    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,247 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 August 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

The US got caught; don't let that cause you to think that others aren't doing the same things.

we are not thinking they don't, but to the contrary of the US the others don't try to sell themselves as "The lighthouse of morality illuminating the world", which is what most hurts in this case.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#33    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 August 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

we are not thinking they don't, but to the contrary of the US the others don't try to sell themselves as "The lighthouse of morality illuminating the world", which is what most hurts in this case.

Wow Q-mark...I could not have said that better.

The Homosexual issue in Russia...I don't know what to say.  How people choose to live their lives behind closed doors is not and never will be a concern of mine....

As a free spirit, I like to let people do whatever makes people happy....this is a troubling thing but I do not have an answer...apparently some folks thinks it leads to the collapse of society....I guess they have their opinion

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#34    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 August 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I don't see the US doing that, or maybe their efforts don't penetrate to the Vietnamese press.  More significant, though, I think it is each country's responsibility to do things much like what the US got caught at but I would presume is continuing anyway.  It is a proactive way to keep those who would commit terrorist acts away.  It's like putting up burglar alarms around your house.

#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Russia's homophobia no doubt stems from Putin's efforts to keep the Orthodox Church behind him.  It is a bit of gross hypocrisy.

#36    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

The cold war never really ended. The last 20 years or so have simply been part of the natural ebb and flow of a struggle between two enemies. Now Russia is on its way up, and the US is on its way down. Do not expect the Russians to play nicely , they are a brutal people with a long memory and an equally long gameplan.

http://laissez-faire.../tenplanks.html

http://rense.com/general32/americ.htm

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#37    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostFarmer77, on 07 August 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

The cold war never really ended. The last 20 years or so have simply been part of the natural ebb and flow of a struggle between two enemies. Now Russia is on its way up, and the US is on its way down. Do not expect the Russians to play nicely , they are a brutal people with a long memory and an equally long gameplan.
That is just raw paranoia.  Russia has changed immensely.  It may again become a dictatorship (unlikely)but it won't be Communist and it won't be after world control.

#38    travelnjones

travelnjones

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 August 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Might be, but a new cold war is certainly not in our interest.

hmm i wonder about that.  Russia was a reasonalble enemy to deal with, you could say you have missles we have missles if they are fired its lose / lose.  They would understand that we could all shout at each other over the fence and everything was stagnant.  Not so with people who want to blow themself up to kill you.

I mean Obama would be a terrible president in that situation but someone else it might work.  Obama thinks he is right and people that oppose him are uniformed rather than just coming from a different point of view.

#39    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,247 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Posttravelnjones, on 07 August 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

hmm i wonder about that.  Russia was a reasonalble enemy to deal with, you could say you have missles we have missles if they are fired its lose / lose.  They would understand that we could all shout at each other over the fence and everything was stagnant.  Not so with people who want to blow themself up to kill you.

I mean Obama would be a terrible president in that situation but someone else it might work.  Obama thinks he is right and people that oppose him are uniformed rather than just coming from a different point of view.

The world has changed, The Europeans are going to sit on the fence as they are too busy to forge a power of their own (discounting Britain). The Russians are in a better position than we are, in fact one could almost claim that the situation of the mid 80s is reversed. The Russians well off economically and us in a hell hole. In top of that We the People are unwilling to pay taxes to strengthen the government.

It is not in our interest.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#40    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Remember that Poland and Ukraine and Georgia and the Baltic states and East Germany and Croatia and Hungary and the Czechs and Slovenia and Slovakia and Armenia and a couple central Asian states are now closer to the States than to Russia.

#41    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,247 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 August 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Remember that Poland and Ukraine and Georgia and the Baltic states and East Germany and Croatia and Hungary and the Czechs and Slovenia and Slovakia and Armenia and a couple central Asian states are now closer to the States than to Russia.

And they are much closer to the EU than to the USA, which is why they will sit on the fence with the rest.

about me

#42    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

The US always had trouble with Europe, especially the French, but I don't see them "sitting on the fence" in any replay of the Cold War.  I also see that scenario as so unlikely as to be almost ridiculous.  China and India and the Muslims are the powers of the future, not Russia nor the US.

#43    travelnjones

travelnjones

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 August 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

The world has changed, The Europeans are going to sit on the fence as they are too busy to forge a power of their own (discounting Britain). The Russians are in a better position than we are, in fact one could almost claim that the situation of the mid 80s is reversed. The Russians well off economically and us in a hell hole. In top of that We the People are unwilling to pay taxes to strengthen the government.

It is not in our interest.

Yes but access to natural resources have not changed.  Russia has their own oil.  we continue to have our suppliers.  3D printing will destory manufactoring based economies in 10-20 years.  We will need to become more aggressive in keeping tech in country, which is happening Lenovo is already band in many federal government locations.

Also our nuclear capability remains above the mathimatical number required to de orbit the earth.

#44    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,247 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Posttravelnjones, on 07 August 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Yes but access to natural resources have not changed.  Russia has their own oil.  we continue to have our suppliers.  3D printing will destory manufactoring based economies in 10-20 years.  We will need to become more aggressive in keeping tech in country, which is happening Lenovo is already band in many federal government locations.

Also our nuclear capability remains above the mathimatical number required to de orbit the earth.

We have suppliers as long as they are confident that they will get something in return. If there is a new cold war that could take a long, long time. So, think again.

And 3D printing will destroy nothing, just because you can print a car does not mean that you made BMW obsolete, they will just sell you a program to print a BMW. Just as CAD and CAM have not made engineering obsolete.

about me

#45    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,731 posts

• ראה

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Putin would have done far more damage to his image, if he hadn't protected Snowden.

Besides, when you think about it, Putin is the last true "crowned head of Europe," at least in terms of his behavior, and the last I checked Moscow is Europe's most populous city.

It's an interesting coincidence that the same day I published my piece below here on April 4, Edward Snowden would say "goodbye" to his own family.

Perhaps the NSA should have been paying me 200k a year, because their "crystal ball" was not just about to go "dark," it was about to break wide open.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)
BOLLING: I think people want to know, have you spoken to Ed?
LON SNOWDEN, FATHER OF NSA LEAKER: No, the last time I saw Ed was April 4th, in the shadow of the National Security Agency. We had gone out to dinner. He seemed to be carrying a heavy burden, I was concerned about him. I shared that after I came home.
But we hugged as we always do. He said, "I love you, dad." I said, "I love you, Ed." And I expected to see him again.

View PostRaptor Witness, on 04 April 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

I wish I had some words of advice for our military and state department, as I hear that their "crystal's gone dark." 4/4/2013

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users