Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Fukishima radioactive water leak 'emergency'

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,090 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

This sounds like a very serious situation.

Due to the clear global environmental impact I hope the UN or something like that will intervene, before all this contaminated ocean water creates "real" sea monsters", or kills/injures scores of people from eating radioactive seafood.

Does this mean I should not eat the fish with 3 eye balls? I bought it fresh just yesterday.

#17    Ogbin

Ogbin

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

• God Bless Israel

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

What's sad is, just like every other important issue that affects humanity, this also will just be swept under the rug until it's to late.

Edited by Ogbin, 20 August 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#18    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

That's what I was thinking.  With this going on, wouldn't you think all of the leaders of the world would be cooperating to help solve the situation before we are all glowing in the dark?  I know, not unless there is money in it for them...I am so disappointed in politicians.

#19    khol

khol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

I live on the British Columbia coast,eat lots and lots of salmon and other seafood so this definitely hits home
I don't know how to begin in trying to wrap my head around how irresponsible this is
If humans are going to play around with nuclear energy without understanding the implications is just unacceptable

http://landdestroyer...ource=BP_recent

#20    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

View Postkhol, on 20 August 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

I live on the British Columbia coast,eat lots and lots of salmon and other seafood so this definitely hits home
I don't know how to begin in trying to wrap my head around how irresponsible this is
If humans are going to play around with nuclear energy without understanding the implications is just unacceptable

http://landdestroyer...ource=BP_recent

Khol you should ease off the seafood, I know it's hard I happen to love it too!
But ever since the BP disaster and Fukushima I been doing Omega-3 supplements, not as good as a well-baked salmon or stuffed crab but what else can you do.

From Enenews:
Unprecedented: Sockeye salmon at dire historic low on Canada’s Pacific coast — “We think something happened in the ocean” — “The elders have never seen anything like this at all” — Alaska and Russia also affected

http://enenews.com/u...n-anything-like

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 20 August 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#21    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

What I like to know is "Why have the elites and political leaders of the world completely ignored the Fukushima disaster?"

From Day 1 it was obvious that TEPCO could never really effectively deal with this unprecedented event. The Japanese government should have stepped in with their Defense Forces like the old USSR did in Chernobyl. And they should have immediately requested the world to help in containing this situation.

Now after more than 2 years Japan is asking nuclear experts and nations around the world for assistance and the government is officially taking over the management of the emergency from TEPCO.

Perhaps too late.

Presently the Spent Pool in reactor unit 4 is dangerously close to collapsing, it contains enough fuel rods to release radiation equal to 25 Hiroshimas, and recently it was reported that the ground around the whole plant appears to be liquifying.

Daily over 300 tons of highly radioactive waste water enters the Pacific Ocean. A biologist has found Pacific herrings in Canada hemorrhaging and early this year 100's of sea lions where found dead up and down the west coast. But of course now of these events can be related to the radiation releases from Fukushima, 1000's of miles away.

NOW WHO ARE WE KIDDING?

#22    khol

khol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

yeah thanks man.. what can ya do is right
welcome to to world we now live in
dumping of plastics in the ocean,having it leach into the food chain,people eat the seafood..in essence we're eating our own garbage
this wasn't bad enough
now we're dealing with possibly radiated food..it really is just plain disgusting
I don't know..is it possible for anyone to aquire a geiger counter and do our own personal monitoring?
other then that the only option really is to cuttback on seafood like you say and play it safe

#23    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postpallidin, on 20 August 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

This sounds like a very serious situation.

Does this mean I should not eat the fish with 3 eye balls? I bought it fresh just yesterday.

It has always been a serious situation. Just underreported.

And yes you shouldn´t eat a fish that looks like this:

Blinky fish.gif

I´m making light of it but in all seriosness:

Nearly two years after the nuclear disaster in Japan, caused by the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, leading to the Fukushima nuclear disaster, a fish caught near the site had a record-breaking level of radioactive contamination.

How bad? over 2500x the legal limit. ‘Mike the Murasoi’ was measured by TEPCO, the Tokyo electric power company, at 254,000 becquerels per kilogram. The limit for edible seafood is 100 becquerels. The previous record was ten times lower, standing at 25,800 becquerels/kg.

As a new set of precautions TEPCO is installing new nets 20km around the Fukushima Daichi site to avoid highly contaminated fish getting too far and being consumed by other species.

http://walyou.com/mo...mike-fukushima/

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#24    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Time to start growing your own fruit and veg and trying to live off that!  Scary stuff, it's amazing how you have to go and search for this stuff online, it should be on the front of every newspaper and on every news buletin.

Instead its stuff like the one direct movie *facepalm*

#25    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's been any emergency for over two years now.. they've been downplaying the harm exponentially.

#26    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,090 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

I agree.

This has the all the hallmarks of becoming the most serious environmental disaster to date(far exceeding the consequences of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil disaster) and, apparently, is likely to get much worse before any effective "containment" can be done.

What's even worse is that "containment" (though obviously highly needed) can not deal with the unpredictable damage of so much radioactive water already released into the ocean and ground water.

I'm not usually a pessimist, but this whole damn event seems really, really bad for the environmental future.

#27    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

This is a consequence of humans playing with nuclear energy..

We're so conceited to think this planet exists for us - when we exist because of this planet.

The way the entire world has been handling this is beyond immature..

And this is coming from a twenty year old..

This is going to affect the next several generations - including mine..

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#28    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

Nuclear crisis reaching critical stage

John Gleeson/Staff Writer

The news coming out of Japan these days is not good.

First, the Japanese government confirmed that the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has been leaking an estimated 300 tonnes of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean each day. The leaks have apparently been going on since the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami that caused three reactors in the plant to melt down.

Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) called the situation an emergency and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called it “an urgent problem.” The consensus among independent scientists is that Tepco, the plant’s operator, is incapable of stopping the discharge into the sea, which it has kept secret for more than two years.

It was discovered after the NRA detected strontium and tritium in a monitoring well at the plant site. When found out, the company apologized.

But it gets worse....  :no:

http://www.coastrepo...-critical-stage

TEPCO has been apologizing since Day 1, now what 'good' is it doing us?

Reminds me of BP's Tony Hayward pathetic attempts to apologize for the Gulf spill.

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 23 August 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#29    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,838 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

It's unbelievable how world governments are keeping all this vital information from their people. It's most likely in the air that we breathe as well as the food that we eat. Not sure if growing your own would help in this situation. Pennsylvania was detecting elevated levels of elements in the rainwater within a week of the earthquake. I posted the stats back then in a thread we had going. I'm not sure I want to know what it is now. It can be transferred from rain to all plants that livestock eats and contaminate the meat we eat. Also the water we drink.The effects of all this radiation leaking are more widespread than just what happens in the ocean. As for the Gulf, dolphins have been washing up dead all over the New Jersey shore all summer. No one knows why. It makes me cry to think how much damage mankind has caused to the environment. This will take decades...centuries to correct itself, if it can.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#30    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,838 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

This is a lot scary.

http://www.globalres...diation/5346470

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users