Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Can they really give you fake memories?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,536 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

If I had a paranoid delusion that survlance was being done on me, and I saw a cop pulled over on my way home, a white van pulling away as I got home and Somone in a car glancing at me, I would FEED it all into the delusion. Then when I got home and jumped on a forum and or chat site anything that could feed the delusion would be absorbed. Then if anyone contridicted the delusion, they are obviously part of the conspiracy.

A bit of education for a few of you ;)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#92    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,390 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

View Postkais_1, on 07 August 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

I am asking this question because over the past 3 to 5 years my head has been filled with memories of things I have never done, memories of spaceships, ufos and all sorts....I have memories that I have lived my life over countless times and memories to go with each life....I know what I have done and what I haven't done...so where are these memories coming from?
Interesting...
How do you feel when recalling a memory that you know you have never experienced?
Is there any one memory that makes you feel a strong emotion? Or makes you sense things differently?

#93    kais_1

kais_1

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 15 August 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Interesting...
How do you feel when recalling a memory that you know you have never experienced?
Is there any one memory that makes you feel a strong emotion? Or makes you sense things differently?
all the memories are the same, but of different timelines if you get my meaning......I live in a house which has many memories attached...I recall living in this same house in the past, but I don't know when....I remember death and dying in this house, no one particular memories give me strong feelings, they are all the same, all of them are amazing to me and beyond belief

#94    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

The brain is capable and  can make up fictitious memories

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 15 August 2013 - 05:23 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#95    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,390 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

View Postkais_1, on 15 August 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

all the memories are the same, but of different timelines if you get my meaning......I live in a house which has many memories attached...I recall living in this same house in the past, but I don't know when....I remember death and dying in this house, no one particular memories give me strong feelings, they are all the same, all of them are amazing to me and beyond belief
something to consider...
We are all quite capable of faking our own memories, and in some cases, picking up on memories or thoughts that aren't our own.. There doesn't seem to be any emotional attachment to these memories, so they're not worth dwelling over, especially considering their nature..

#96    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

One of the worst things about specific memories is we (or at least I) seem to lack mechanisms that keep them in proper sequence or assign dates (especially years) to them.

Many memories I have I share with others who had the same experiences (especially of events during the American War -- what Vietnamese call the what Americans call the Vietnam war).  We agree on the details but argue over the year and over which events came first and which later.

Also, we don't remember everything but just the things that are pertinent to us.  It seems that our memories did not evolve for us to be able to write histories or memoirs, but to be aware of possibilities and threats.  A good diary is recommended.

#97    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

View Postkais_1, on 15 August 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Kais, please take my following comments with gentleness.

Having read this thread, it is my understanding that you admit that you were diagnosed as a schizophrenic, but that you do not personally believe that it's true. OK. I further think it was said that you were off your meds.

What I find commendable about you are 2 things:

1) You went off your meds because they either were not working and/or had bad side-effects. The reason I commend you on that aspect is that antipsychotics can be unpredictable, unpleasant, and in certain cases make things worse. However, doing so voluntarily can itself be dangerous, and NOT telling your doctor/psychiarist about stopping is never a good idea. There ARE other meds that may work for you just fine, but you must be honest with your physician. It's a process, and rarely does a physician/psychiatrist "get it right" the first time, or the 2nd.

2) Another thing I find commendable is that you are actually questioning the validity of your memories. You are not just questioning what they might be(aliens, past lives, etc..) but also if they are real(false memories)
This tells me that you are internally fighting your schizophrenia at times, as oppossed to being totally consumed by it.
THAT is a VERY GOOD SIGN. What I mean by that is that you will likely respond well to proper treatment and actually live a normal life.
But, YOU must participate in the treatment.

With all that said, I have an acute anxiety disorder, I have a friend who's under managed schizophrenia, and my brother suffered a diabetic coma resulting in actual brain-stem damage which, afterwards, he often saw aliens, spaceships, etc..(he died a few weeks ago)

The point being, I truly hope that you consider what everyone has said here, and GO BACK to your doctor. Trust me, you will eventually have a much better life, though initially it may well be a struggle as was with me.

Just some gentle thoughts.

#98    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Maybe they are memories from reincarnation. If you're not really worried it's a health issue, then no one should treat it as one. Perhaps you should look into past lives?

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users