Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

New Zealand UFO lands in middle of road

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Mechanic Matthew Robert was 'freaked out' when he encountered a strange object in the middle of the road.

New Zealand Herald said:

A West Coast man is 'freaked out' after coming face to face last night with what he claims was a UFO, parked on the road outside the entrance to Shantytown.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

well at least now we have a FIRST report ever of a car shaped ufo... PARKED on the side of the road,  the same place cars USUALLY park

so, he was outside the entrance to shantytown, and these locations are great for the sourcing of drugs...

Hence he later appeared bug eyed, agitated, with watery eyes...(and snorting stuff can produce the same effects)   :lol:   When his missus yelled "why the hell are you late, have you been fooling around down shanty town again"... he had to come up with some wacky story didnt he?

Edited by seeder, 08 August 2013 - 11:01 AM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Maybe they were lost and just looking for directions to Rutherglen, Scotland.  Home to many aliens.

#4    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,435 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postseeder, on 08 August 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

...and these locations are great for the sourcing of drugs...

hear, hear.... :D

anyway: easy to say that as an outside observer, but if stuff like that would actually happen to me, i would have immediately gotten into contact to the guys from the other three cars that stopped (as he claimed), so i got sum witnesses before i go home and tell this weird tale to my missus!! ;)

#5    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

well at least now we have a FIRST report ever of a car shaped ufo...
  although he doesnt specifically say 'car shaped' he just says what looked like a car without its loghts on :)

PARKED on the side of the road,  the same place cars USUALLY park
it wasnt on the side of the road it was in the middle of the road...not where cars normally park :)

so, he was outside the entrance to shantytown, and these locations are great for the sourcing of drugs..
. he doesnt say he was outside the entrance....just on the road outside shantytown

Hence he later appeared bug eyed, agitated, with watery eyes...(and snorting stuff can produce the same effects)   :lol:   When his missus yelled "why the hell are you late, have you been fooling around down shanty town again"... he had to come up with some wacky story didnt he?

who said he was late?

you really must stop snorting that stuff Seeder :yes: :-*

View PostJacques Terreur, on 08 August 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

anyway: easy to say that as an outside observer, but if stuff like that would actually happen to me, i would have immediately gotten into contact to the guys from the other three cars that stopped (as he claimed), so i got sum witnesses before i go home and tell this weird tale to my missus!! ;)

although they all sped off? be a little tricky to make contact

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 08 August 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Id have just made a mental note of the ufo/cars license plate... :lol:

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postseeder, on 08 August 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Id have just made a mental note of the ufo/cars license plate... :lol:
and you'd have forgotten it two minutes later due to the drugs :)

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postquillius, on 08 August 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

although he doesnt specifically say 'car shaped' he just says what looked like a car without its loghts on :)

it wasnt on the side of the road it was in the middle of the road...not where cars normally park :)

. he doesnt say he was outside the entrance....just on the road outside shantytown

who said he was late?

you really must stop snorting that stuff Seeder :yes: :-*

your comments can only apply if you have a tendency to believe such tales, and the honesty of the man reporting his story,  Im thinking more and more you are in fact inclined to believe such 'stories'

#9    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,435 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postquillius, on 08 August 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

although they all sped off? be a little tricky to make contact

dang, i must have missed that detail.....but hey: if you just experienced the thrill of a UFO sighting, you surely wouldn't say no to a car chase.... ;)

#10    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Was it a DeLorean?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 08 August 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Was it a DeLorean?

:tu:   I like how you think!

#12    paperdyer

paperdyer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

The UFO just did what any good ET driver should do, pull to the side of the road to phone home.

#13    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Postseeder, on 08 August 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

your comments can only apply if you have a tendency to believe such tales, and the honesty of the man reporting his story,  Im thinking more and more you are in fact inclined to believe such 'stories'

rubbish!  how can my comments only apply if I believe such tales? you made up some parts to the story as it was told and I corrected them for you....what has this got to do with whether I believe them or not????

as for you thinking more and more what I am inclined to believe then the problem is with you for thinking that not me........unless you have something to back up that line of thinking?

#14    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Of course, like the thousands of "claims" before this, there has always never been a photo to prove the sighting.

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,120 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

View Postquillius, on 08 August 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

rubbish!  how can my comments only apply if I believe such tales? you made up some parts to the story as it was told and I corrected them for you....what has this got to do with whether I believe them or not????

as for you thinking more and more what I am inclined to believe then the problem is with you for thinking that not me........unless you have something to back up that line of thinking?

Dummyspit?

You tried to dissect a tongue in cheek post I made , (with the use of smileys), as if you were on debunk mode. :lol:

My stance, just to be 'clear', is that I rarely if ever, take ufo reports seriously, as I simply do not believe the vast majority and the one or two decent historic cases cant be verified either way. So whats left to believe in?

For me, very very little. But why dont you go off into google land and do some research on "new zealand ufo", and you will find, its The Herald that's running this story, I have looked at 4 other NZ news sites and none mention it - at all. Tho the Herald has since ran an update

So I have to question then, what kind of rag is the Herald? On par with the UK's Sun, or Daily Sport? A comic book? Why no other NZ stations news reporting it? So far anyway...

Where I live, the major town has the main newspaper, the smaller boroughs produce a 4/6 page rag with local news of 'man grows giant onion'  because there isnt much happening at the local community level. Funny enough, our local free waste of time rag is also called the Herald....

And I did 'all that' before posting my non committal reply.

Did you?  :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users