Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Ghost Equation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#1    markprice

markprice

BANNED

• 3,718 posts

• BANNED

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

S (W+E) X ∞ = ghosts

S = soul
W = will
E = energy   

Posted Image

The only problem I have with it is that the will could separate from the energy at death. The equation presupposes that the soul remains a unit; in his experience that does appear to be the case, hence the equation to help him wrap his head around otherwise unsatisfactorily explained events.

BANNED UNDERSTAND.

#2    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

this formula doesn't really make much sense. and I don't know how it proves anything

unless im just totally missing the point

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#3    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Completely meaningless.  I could throw a bunch of numbers and symbols together and have them equal 'NO GHOSTS"

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,707 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

POPULAR

I + G + BS = Ghosts

I = Imagination
G = Gullibility
BS = BS

:)

#5    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostEldorado, on 09 August 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

I + G + BS = Ghosts

I = Imagination
G = Gullibility
BS = BS

Oops, I think you forgot to square the BS!

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#6    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,285 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

I agree, that doesn't make any sense.  It's not even wrong.

Scientific equations make sense in the terms put into them and the units used.  I can figure out how much energy a 100W light bulb running for an hour uses calculating 100W * 3600 seconds = 100J/s * 3600 seconds = 360,000J = 360 kilojoules.  That makes sense.  It all works out and the units are right and match up.

But the equation in the OP?  How do you add will to energy?  Are they both definable or measurable in units like joules?  If not, you can't add them.  If so, then how do you define or measure "will" in terms of units of energy?  What does it mean to multiply the result by "soul"?  Is soul something you can multiply by?  Why multiply by infinity?  

Does the right hand side always just equal "ghosts"?  Not 1 ghost or 2 ghosts or 25% chance of a ghost?   How you quantify the terms in the left of the equation to give a coherent result on the right that can be used to test against reality?

As it is, without further explanation, I can't figure out at all what it means or is trying to say.  Can the OP elaborate on the meaning of the equation and how it came to be?

Edited by JesseCuster, 09 August 2013 - 01:28 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#7    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

B + E = D

Beer plus
Engulfing equals
Drunkenness.

Only equation that matters

#8    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,462 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

Ok, glad I'm not the idiotic dou*he who wasn't understanding some higher form of math

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#9    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostEldorado, on 09 August 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

I + G + BS = Ghosts

I = Imagination
G = Gullibility
BS = BS

At least, until you've had the experience. Then it's G = RLAR  Ghost = Run Like A Rabbit

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,707 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

View Postrodentraiser, on 09 August 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

At least, until you've had the experience. Then it's G = RLAR  Ghost = Run Like A Rabbit

LOL

I've actually seen and felt demons.  They were real and terrifying, for a while.... until the alcohol withdrawals stopped.

#11    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostEldorado, on 09 August 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

LOL

I've actually seen and felt demons.  They were real and terrifying, for a while.... until the alcohol withdrawals stopped.

LMAO

I've actually had a ghost experience (and no, I didn't actually see one), but you better believe I ran!

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#12    markprice

markprice

BANNED

• 3,718 posts

• BANNED

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 09 August 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

I agree, that doesn't make any sense.  It's not even wrong.

Scientific equations make sense in the terms put into them and the units used.  I can figure out how much energy a 100W light bulb running for an hour uses calculating 100W * 3600 seconds = 100J/s * 3600 seconds = 360,000J = 360 kilojoules.  That makes sense.  It all works out and the units are right and match up.

But the equation in the OP?  How do you add will to energy?  Are they both definable or measurable in units like joules?  If not, you can't add them.  If so, then how do you define or measure "will" in terms of units of energy?  What does it mean to multiply the result by "soul"?  Is soul something you can multiply by?  Why multiply by infinity?  

Does the right hand side always just equal "ghosts"?  Not 1 ghost or 2 ghosts or 25% chance of a ghost?   How you quantify the terms in the left of the equation to give a coherent result on the right that can be used to test against reality?

As it is, without further explanation, I can't figure out at all what it means or is trying to say.  Can the OP elaborate on the meaning of the equation and how it came to be?

Quoting now:
My hypothesis is something I am calling the "intelligent energy" idea. I am no mathematician, but I am certain that if I were, I could devise a wonderful formula for this idea. [see equation] Not as elegant as I would have imagined for myself, but there it is. I am no Stephen Hawking, but I would say I lean toward the decent side of the fence. Then again, maybe not--I do say **** a lot, apparently using course language is a sign of limited intelligence.

Well **** you too, d**k breath.

The whole book is a wild rant like that. His experiences are not BS IMO. What he's giving here is his interpretation.  

So basically the meaning of the equation breaks down his theory of intelligent energy into a hypothetical idea. He's obviously not trying to prove anything. Anyone who has experienced intelligent energy/ghosts needs to then try to understand what the hell just happened, and the more it happens the more existing theories fail--at least for him. So there you have a new theory from a guy who experienced a hell of a lot of that kind of thing.

edit: the infinity is based on: "energy can neither be created or destroyed".

Edited by markprice, 09 August 2013 - 02:38 AM.

BANNED UNDERSTAND.

#13    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 09 August 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

S (W+E) X ∞ = ghosts

S = soul
W = will
E = energy   

Posted Image

The only problem I have with it is that the will could separate from the energy at death. The equation presupposes that the soul remains a unit; in his experience that does appear to be the case, hence the equation to help him wrap his head around otherwise unsatisfactorily explained events.
That looks like the cover to a bad Hallmark family movie.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#14    markprice

markprice

BANNED

• 3,718 posts

• BANNED

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostKipperphoenix, on 09 August 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

That looks like the cover to a bad Hallmark family movie.

He's wearing the suit from the guy who shot Lincoln...(movie)

BANNED UNDERSTAND.

#15    markprice

markprice

BANNED

• 3,718 posts

• BANNED

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

If ghosts are pure human energy and energy cannot be destroyed (reincarnation)...well you do the math.

BANNED UNDERSTAND.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users