Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

two choices

• Please log in to reply
965 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,819 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Adan and eve had two choices in the garden, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life.

What I have been thinking is all of the animal life had that choice, they all choice life.  Except for adam and eve who choose knowledge over life.  If they had eaten from the tree of life after they ate of thebtree of knowledge, they /we  would forever in sin.  The animals choose life, but not knowledge meaning they would live forever in inocence.

This might explain why they evolved over the centuries, as the climate changes ad they expanded into new   environment, and man doesn't.   Man either takes hi environment weith him or changes it to suit it him.

Acording to science there were no humans when te dinos were here.  Perhaps there were only two.

This might also explain, why some religions preach reincarnation.  The animals reincarnate due to their choice.  And jesus preached resurection.

Thnk about it and let me know what you think.  By nice.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

View Postdanielost, on 09 August 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Adan and eve had two choices in the garden, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life.

What I have been thinking is all of the animal life had that choice, they all choice life.  Except for adam and eve who choose knowledge over life.  If they had eaten from the tree of life after they ate of thebtree of knowledge, they /we  would forever in sin.  The animals choose life, but not knowledge meaning they would live forever in inocence.

This might explain why they evolved over the centuries, as the climate changes ad they expanded into new   environment, and man doesn't.   Man either takes hi environment weith him or changes it to suit it him.

Acording to science there were no humans when te dinos were here.  Perhaps there were only two.

This might also explain, why some religions preach reincarnation.  The animals reincarnate due to their choice.  And jesus preached resurection.

Thnk about it and let me know what you think.  By nice.

Well, I'm an atheist, but I'll respond anyway.

If Adam and Eve had really ever existed, the only knowledge they would have had would have been what god instilled in them. Their sense of right or wrong would also be whatever god put in their brand new minds. Were they even ready to make a decision? Would you entrust a two year old to make a species changing decision?

Decision making comes from experience, not poof, here I am, now I have to make a decision that changes how everything will be?

God should not have tempted them to begin with.

I'm sure Christians will disagree with me........

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

The part that I don't get is that I am being punished for something I had nothing to do with.  I know damn well if I had just been told by God himself not to do something there would be no way whatsoever I would go anywhere near it.

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,688 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

I don't understand why you are spelling wrong on purpose. Iv seen your other post and they are not this misspelled.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

Don't sweat too much over a folklore with plot holes large as kink dot com employees. :D

#6    Shalom

Shalom

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 10 August 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Well, I'm an atheist, but I'll respond anyway.

If Adam and Eve had really ever existed, the only knowledge they would have had would have been what god instilled in them. Their sense of right or wrong would also be whatever god put in their brand new minds. Were they even ready to make a decision? Would you entrust a two year old to make a species changing decision?

Decision making comes from experience, not poof, here I am, now I have to make a decision that changes how everything will be?

God should not have tempted them to begin with.

I'm sure Christians will disagree with me........
I don't know what other Christians think, but I know God created Adam and Eve for the purpose of fixing the sin problem he knew they would commit if he gave them the choice.  They did have a choice, just like you and I do today.   We are as stupid as they were, and we really should know better.  Seems like mankind would learn after all these years of misery caused by the consequences of our many sins.

#7    Shalom

Shalom

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 August 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

The part that I don't get is that I am being punished for something I had nothing to do with.  I know damn well if I had just been told by God himself not to do something there would be no way whatsoever I would go anywhere near it.
God tells you not to sin, but do you sin anyway?  I think you and I are getting punished for our own sins, which are many.

#8    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostShalom, on 10 August 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

I don't know what other Christians think, but I know God created Adam and Eve for the purpose of fixing the sin problem he knew they would commit if he gave them the choice.  They did have a choice, just like you and I do today.   We are as stupid as they were, and we really should know better.  Seems like mankind would learn after all these years of misery caused by the consequences of our many sins.

Why did this god of yours create beings he knew would sin?

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

I don't think sin is a real thing.  I think it was invented by Christians.  There are times when what we do is mostly right and times when what we do is mostly wrong, but "sin" (as an offence against God) doesn't exist.  God can't be offended.  Further, God cannot be thwarted; therefore if He doesn't want me to sin, then it would be impossible for me to do so.  I know all about the theory of free will; it makes no  sense and is just there to give certain types something to talk about and confuse the issue with.

#10    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostShalom, on 10 August 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

I've never sinned in my life as sinning is of religious construct. You may have sinned in your mind, and believe everyone else has, but my mind is sin free.

BTW, what were Adam and Eve's IQ's? Did they really have what it took to make a decision, one that god would have known the outcome of beforehand?

We as humans today are vastly superior to Adam and Eve, if you believe in them of course.

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#11    Shalom

Shalom

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostElfin, on 10 August 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Why did this god of yours create beings he knew would sin?
If you were God and wanted someone to live with you forever, would you be willing to teach them what they need to do to make that happen.  There will be no sinners in heaven, so how do you think God can make that happen for people like you and me?   The person I am now is not good enough to go to God's heaven, so something is going to have to happen to make me change.   God will give me the intelligence at that time to be able to understand the harm this thing called sin has caused in this world.  I will know like he knows.  So I do believe that God knew about all the suffering that was coming, and he created us anyway.  A heart surgeon knows he is going to cause a lot of pain before he ever uses the knife on his patient.  However he knows that what he is about to do will save their life if he does it.

#12    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostShalom, on 10 August 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

If you were God and wanted someone to live with you forever, would you be willing to teach them what they need to do to make that happen.  There will be no sinners in heaven, so how do you think God can make that happen for people like you and me?   The person I am now is not good enough to go to God's heaven, so something is going to have to happen to make me change.   God will give me the intelligence at that time to be able to understand the harm this thing called sin has caused in this world.  I will know like he knows.  So I do believe that God knew about all the suffering that was coming, and he created us anyway.  A heart surgeon knows he is going to cause a lot of pain before he ever uses the knife on his patient.  However he knows that what he is about to do will save their life if he does it.

Isn't god supposed to be omnipotent? Why does he have to create beings that will suffer, and then send most of them to hell?

#13    Shalom

Shalom

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 10 August 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

I've never sinned in my life as sinning is of religious construct. You may have sinned in your mind, and believe everyone else has, but my mind is sin free.

BTW, what were Adam and Eve's IQ's? Did they really have what it took to make a decision, one that god would have known the outcome of beforehand?

We as humans today are vastly superior to Adam and Eve, if you believe in them of course.
I think all of us are pretty much morons compared to them.  The bible says Adam named all the animals.  From what I see in the bible they had a good understanding of what was going on.   They had what it takes to makes decisions, and yes God knew what their decision would be before it ever happened.  
We are all a bunch of sinners, and a good look at the condition of the world today should be enough for anyone to see the consequences of our sin.

#14    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

Most Christians don't know that the character of God has evolved over time.

And to my interpretation Adam and Eve seemes to be royally duped. They say it was a rebellion against God.  I simply can't see that.

#15    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostShalom, on 10 August 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

I think all of us are pretty much morons compared to them.  The bible says Adam named all the animals.  From what I see in the bible they had a good understanding of what was going on.   They had what it takes to makes decisions, and yes God knew what their decision would be before it ever happened.  
We are all a bunch of sinners, and a good look at the condition of the world today should be enough for anyone to see the consequences of our sin.

Monotheistic religion is a major contributor to our problems today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users