Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Madeleine McCann

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#181    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,493 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Well, this time, it appears searchers will use more dogs and ground penetrating radar, but Good Lord, I would think people would be pleased authorities are searching for a missing child!

#182    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Update I am getting is they have now erected 2 tents.

Tents usually mean remains but they only started looking today.  If this is all true they must have known exactly where to look.

All very strange.

Just to comment on your post regi.  It is a small town which gets it's money from tourism.  They feel it has taken 7 years to get back to anywhere near the numbers they had before this incident.  Many people have gone bankrupt etc.  Even British people who own Villas and apartments have found them hard to rent out and virtually impossible to sell.

Everyone wants this to be solved and ideally her found alive.  However people also need to live, earn money etc.  A lot of them feel this just wont go away and it is by no wrong doing done by them.

One of the McCann's detectives publically said he believed she was being held in one of the lawless villages in a hellish lair which were common in the area.  Anyone that knows the area can tell you how ridiculous and damaging a statement like this is.  It is a small, lovely seaside resort which prides itself on being safe and friendly.  It isn't the wild west for goodness sake, it is popular with families and golfers and particularly more well off travelers.  Hence why they themselves chose it on their friends recommendation.

It should also be noted that the original investigation, if it does turn out to be a mess was not helped along by constant meddling from UK Police, politicians and press.

Edited by skookum, 02 June 2014 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image

#183    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,336 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Now they're searching drains and sewers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27713826

Posted Image

#184    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

I dont think she was buried, shes not in the rown

#185    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

Latest is that DCI Andy Redwood who heads the case has decided to retire early.  He took over from Hamish Campbell who retired early on when it started.  Of course the Portuguese head detective was removed from the case and forced into retirement too.

David Cameron has been reported as saying the costs are getting a problem with public opinion now and they need to find a resolution.  At the last count it was 8 million pounds and 30 full time officers.  If sources/leaks are to be believed this search was carried out as a 'precaution' due to the proximity to the resort.  They will move on to other wasteland tomorrow and next week, the search does not seem to have taken place on any intelligence gathered.

If I was a detective I would run as far away from this as possible.

Posted Image

#186    Astra.

Astra.

Xanadu

• 3,768 posts

• We are in the cosmos - and the cosmos are in us.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Finding such small bones of a child of that age, let alone all of these years later, will be  trying to find a needle in hay stack.

If a Malaysian passenger jet can disappear without a trace, how on earth are they going to find the tiny remains of such a little child?

Do they have a suspect, that has confessed to where she is? I've been rather confused from day one in how this case was handled  :unsure2:

Posted Image

#187    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,336 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann say the fact that recent searches found no trace of their daughter reinforces their belief she could still be alive.

Kate and Gerry McCann said they were "very pleased" at the searches over the last 10 days in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Scotland Yard said there was still a "substantial amount of work" still to do in the investigation after three areas of land were searched.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27813554

False hopes I think :( but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Posted Image

#188    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Am wondering how many missing children have this amount of effort expended on their cases.

#189    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

No searches have turned up Jimmy Hoffa, maybe he is still alive?

#190    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,493 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Authorities are conducting an investigation the way an original investigation should have been conducted.

I think it essentially went something like this: Original investigators had a theory and they looked for evidence to support their theory and they didn't find it and their investigation stalled.

The current investigators are following an effective approach and an example of that is the recent search of that field. What I mean is, the original investigators searched that field, but when nothing was found, they concluded that there was nothing to be found, but the current investigators took their line of thinking further; nothing was found, but the child is still missing and it's possible something was over looked and so they looked again and this time more thoroughly.

Edited by regi, 12 June 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#191    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

My concern with this is the search finished right on the dot to when their libel trial resumes.

Conveniently for them the police finding nothing re-affirms their case she is still alive so the suggestion she died in apartment is unfounded. There are some that believe that the Scotland yard investigation was used to get hold of documents the Portuguese police didn't release at the time.  

In some ways it sounds far fetched but given the protection they were given from the start in the form of political and British police it might be plausible.  The cost of this investigation is staggering and seeing as they have found nothing very concerning exactly what information they are working on.

Posted Image

#192    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,800 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

Seems libel has been postponed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-27870998

I do feel sorry for them as Amaral didn't request the postponement until they arrived in Portugal.

However there was a bit of irony in their statement about them having to arrange child care when they travel. Maybe if they had that night this case would not be happening.

Posted Image

#193    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,336 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

In today's news -

A British woman on holiday near where Madeleine McCann vanished was attacked in bed by a man who told her he "killed" the missing child.

Liverpool mum Clara Corrigan, 39, was stabbed 17 times during the "terrifying" assault on 28 May by an attacker in Albufeira, in the Portuguese Algarve.

She said: "I woke up with him on top of me, suffocating me. Then he shouted 'I killed Madeleine McCann and I am going to kill you'.
https://uk.news.yaho...67.html#DFQwmat

Posted Image

#194    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,493 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

View Postskookum, on 14 June 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Conveniently for them the police finding nothing re-affirms their case she is still alive so the suggestion she died in apartment is unfounded.

That's your spin, but it's entirely groundless. You apparently implying that the parents should stop looking for their missing child and/or that they should give up hope that she could still be alive.
You're using against them what is perfectly natural human behavior.

View Postskookum, on 16 June 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

However there was a bit of irony in their statement about them having to arrange child care when they travel. Maybe if they had that night this case would not be happening.

No one can turn back the clock.

#195    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Why are they searching for a body but the parents think she' still alive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users