Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Manhunt For 16 Year Old Girl Continues...

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

I understand that the age of consent is on average 15 but I can't imagine what an adult male would want with a girl that young (or younger) except for sex and how long will that last (realistically, not fantasy land reality either)?  All teens that age (m or f) are pretty shallow and narcissistic and so very annoyingly emotional.  I was between 14 and 18 once believe it or not and no once could convince me to go back to that age, not even for a billion dollars.  Well... maybe a billion AND with the knowledge I have now.

Anyway, regardless of what the age of consent or sexual maturity, that guy was creepy and should never have been around young girls.  He was probably very immature emotionally as well as and obviously unstable.  It's a good thing he was killed.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#62    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,505 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 08 September 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I understand that the age of consent is on average 15 but I can't imagine what an adult male would want with a girl that young (or younger) except for sex and how long will that last (realistically, not fantasy land reality either)?

I don't get it, either. Even when I was sixteen, I drew the line at "fifteen".

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#63    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,535 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 08 September 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Anyway, regardless of what the age of consent or sexual maturity, that guy was creepy and should never have been around young girls.  He was probably very immature emotionally as well as and obviously unstable.  It's a good thing he was killed.

I get the impression from what I have read, that DiMaggio was simply very interested in sex. Whether that alone makes him "emotionally immature", I am dubious of.

After is he not also alleged to have had (or even been in simultaneously) an affair with the girl's mother?

So, he wasn't just sexually attracted to youth.

As for it being "a good thing he was killed", that is incredibly premature to say before we know if he is even guilty of a crime, let alone a crime so repellent that many would suggest he would be "better off dead".

Afetr all, if he was having an affair with both mother and daughter at the same time (which might be immoral, but is not illegal), there may be some complexity in what happened that we are not aware of.

Edited by Leonardo, 10 September 2013 - 02:26 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#64    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostLeonardo, on 10 September 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

I get the impression from what I have read, that DiMaggio was simply very interested in sex. Whether that alone makes him "emotionally immature", I am dubious of.

After is he not also alleged to have had (or even been in simultaneously) an affair with the girl's mother?

So, he wasn't just sexually attracted to youth.

As for it being "a good thing he was killed", that is incredibly premature to say before we know if he is even guilty of a crime, let alone a crime so repellent that many would suggest he would be "better off dead".

Afetr all, if he was having an affair with both mother and daughter at the same time (which might be immoral, but is not illegal), there may be some complexity in what happened that we are not aware of.

Thanks for sharing.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users