Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why not New York State?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

I've noticed a significant rise in UFO reports on U.M. lately, and I'm curious. As a resident of Rotterdam N.Y. I always wondered about the lack of reports regarding the UFO pheneomenon and reports as far as the state goes. (Not including N.Y.C) They are worldwide yet seem to stay away from us poor folk upstate. Anyone here experience anything strange who lives in upstate N.Y?

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

I've seen stuff here in Queens NYC. I think they do see stuff up there, but as new yorkers, it's an 'oh who cares' kind of thing.

Miss me?

#3    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

I hear ya there Simbi. I have many friends in NYC who have the same attitude haha! My friend Izzy same something strange about a year ago but she was in Queens. I mainly wonder how these reporst seem to avoid Upstate N.Y.

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#4    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

*Saw....I really need to buy a new comp and not use a phone with autocorrect....ugh...(sorry yet again for a double post....)

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

I totally get phone with autocorrect.
I've seen stuff in Queens a few times. Quite a lot recently too.

Miss me?

#6    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

I also noticed I had misspelled "reports". That was due to human error..: )

I know New York State has it's fair share of "Bigfoor reports" but what I'm mainly interested in is if anyone in the state can describe any weird occurances or sightings. I haven't seen any sighting reports online (fairly recently barring the Pine Bush one)  that has held any water.

#7    abbeyxkpy

abbeyxkpy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

I have many friends in NYC who have the same attitude haha! Posted Image

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostTwilightSilver, on 13 August 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

I've noticed a significant rise in UFO reports on U.M. lately, and I'm curious. As a resident of Rotterdam N.Y. I always wondered about the lack of reports regarding the UFO pheneomenon and reports as far as the state goes. (Not including N.Y.C) They are worldwide yet seem to stay away from us poor folk upstate. Anyone here experience anything strange who lives in upstate N.Y?

Even E.T. doesn't want to pay the high taxes.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#9    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I agree as a fellow New York State resident living in Buffalo it seems like nothing out of the ordinary happens around here. :cry:

#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,823 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think Lilly's sighting was in that area.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#11    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Maybe Anthony Weiner worries them.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#12    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Steve, that's my sentiment too! Nothing ever happens around here.

#13    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,782 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

Maybe you have fewer lunatics than other parts of the US.

Or... you have too many lunatics so the aliens are wary of flying past.

Edited by Eldorado, 13 August 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#14    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,541 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 13 August 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Maybe Anthony Weiner worries them.

Yeah, that guy would tend to scare the heck out of any intergalactic visitors.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,534 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

They are already trying to Pick him up for there master plan DNA -re-think of the Human condition ! :tu:
OUCH !!!!

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users