Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Near-death experiences are 'electrical surge

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31    ozmorphus

ozmorphus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

When I had my 2nd hip surgery I was nervous that I was going to die for some reason. I was put to sleep and I remember walking in a beautiful garden and there was a rock wall with flowers planted above it. There was a small wooden gate and God walked out of it. He looked like a man, but I could not see any features on His face. He "told" me that He was here to hold my hand during my surgery. I remember sitting on the rock wall with Him and I wanted to ask so many questions like if UFOs were real and how did the universe begin, but for some reason I knew those questions would have been inappropriate so I kept my mouth shut. The next thing I knew I was being woken up. It felt like I was in the garden with God for only like 5 minutes, but I was in surgery for 3 hours.

#32    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Like others already wrote, even if the study will be proven true, this explains only how this happens, not why.
It's absolutely coherent that we can detect a physical manifestation for something that could be more than physical.
Even when we dream we produce specific brain activitiy's patterns, but they're only the physical manifestation in the brain of what is happening in our mind.

The problem is that nowadays modern science in many occasions mistakes the means for the goal.

Anyway, those who believe there's nothing more than what they can measure with their eyes and tools will still continue to think that that's the answer they were looking for, laughing at a more metaphysical approach.
Those who believe that there's more than meets the eyes, will continue to call the others short-sighted, while sometimes they're the ones unable to accept a more simple and prosaic solution.

#33    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,878 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I just have to point out that DMT is not proven to be in the brain it is just a theory.

http://forteansquirr...scientists-say/

http://www.erowid.or..._article2.shtml

So everyone stop watching the spirit molecule lol :whistle:

Edited by spartan max2, 24 August 2013 - 04:10 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#34    NLC

NLC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

I believe reguardless of how or if it happens....Those who have experienced it, know it happened.  :yes:

#35    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,778 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostNLC, on 26 August 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I believe reguardless of how or if it happens....Those who have experienced it, know it happened.  :yes:
Yes. This is the crux of it isn't it. An experience. If there is an intelligence to it all, that intelligence can decide however it wants to get you to have the experience. The brain certainly is an integral part of remembering it, potentially even experiencing it....but the elephant in the room is why. If there is a meaning then the mechanics are irrelevant.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#36    NLC

NLC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

I guess what I was trying to say is that to people who have gone through this, I don't think that is the first thing on their minds, How or Why did that happen.  I guess it's all in the person you ask the question to.  "Why does this happen?"

#37    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostNLC, on 27 August 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

I guess what I was trying to say is that to people who have gone through this, I don't think that is the first thing on their minds, How or Why did that happen.  I guess it's all in the person you ask the question to.  "Why does this happen?"

The same reason you put your hands out when you fall. It's a reflex.

#38    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,778 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostRender, on 27 August 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

The same reason you put your hands out when you fall. It's a reflex.
Except its the wrong reflex, ask any judo/jujitsu instructor worth their salt  or spend 1.5 hours in any ER. And see how many people come in with broken wrists/arms both children and adults. ;)

Or just watch how babies fall. ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather, 28 August 2013 - 09:11 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#39    razman

razman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

in most near death cases , people experience the same or similiar things. like a life review e.g. like a review that they experience their entire life , moment to moment , in what seems a matter of seconds. and from everybodies point of view and feelings around them at the time. seems like something more than exited brain could be happening here. also , if it is neurons rapidly firing and heightened electrical activity , how come so many people experience the same detailed thing? instead of just random different things?

Edited by razman, 05 September 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#40    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 28 August 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Or just watch how babies fall. ;)

So a typical wednesday evening for me than

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#41    Whisperer

Whisperer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

There is another approach in my way of thinking.
What if the activity was actually a process to initiate a hyper-transfer sort of thing, a switch to go quantum mind, a period of collecting the gathered memories and experiences before heading back home?

#42    Saitung

Saitung

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• We are today, the sum totality of all our life's decisions.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

<<<<<There is another approach in my way of thinking.
What if the activity was actually a process to initiate a hyper-transfer sort of thing, a switch to go quantum mind, a period of collecting the gathered memories and experiences before heading back home?>>>>>>

ONE OF THE MOST SENSIBLE POSTS HERE YET, THANKS.

The TRUTH is never pure and rarely simple. [Oscar Wilde]

#43    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,276 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Its an interesting concept, but there's really no basis for it.

The supernatural enthusiasts' obsession with Quantum theories makes all these ideas seem possible.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#44    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostRender, on 13 August 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-23672150

As i've also said, it's a knee jerk reaction to the extreme occurance of life turning into death.

A electrical activity  would`nt explained the peace and calm that people feel in comming back from these experiences,they would be full of anxiety and fear.

#45    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,775 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

View Postozmorphus, on 16 August 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

When I had my 2nd hip surgery I was nervous that I was going to die for some reason. I was put to sleep and I remember walking in a beautiful garden and there was a rock wall with flowers planted above it. There was a small wooden gate and God walked out of it. He looked like a man, but I could not see any features on His face. He "told" me that He was here to hold my hand during my surgery. I remember sitting on the rock wall with Him and I wanted to ask so many questions like if UFOs were real and how did the universe begin, but for some reason I knew those questions would have been inappropriate so I kept my mouth shut. The next thing I knew I was being woken up. It felt like I was in the garden with God for only like 5 minutes, but I was in surgery for 3 hours.

I remember reading of DNE`s, if there was a gate , wall or somekind of blockage,  it meant it was not time for that person to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users