Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

California doing stupid stuff again..........

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#16    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Ya know, it's kinda funny.  I always had this suspicion that men and women were physiologically different...when I was 10 yrs old and found my brothers playboy...I was convinced.

I know this is politically incorrect these days...but our bodies are different because "NATURE" has different roles for us in mind.

Pointless argument to the extremists though.

Oh well...if they want to turn us into a genderless society where children are "created" in a laboratory...so be it...I'm 47 years old and realize I might have fewer years ahead of me than behind me....I worry for my kids though.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#17    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 13 August 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Really?  But your avatar clearly has you as a guy.  And I'm guessing you probably check the "male" box when necessary.

I can understand gender "confusion" and I support a person's right to identify with whichever gender they feel is most appropriate.  I just didn't know there was a "neither" option.
Actually, when I am legally obligated to check a box, I check female. Unless "I do not wish to give this information" is available. I have the female parts. I also have a hairy chest and soft, blonde facial hair. I have broad shoulders and dense muscles.

But I am the exception and not the rule, so my opinion is usually irrelevant.

Posted Image

#18    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 13 August 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

Oh, and Ratte, I've been wanting to ask you........why are Jade's boobs crooked in your avatar? :blush: :P
Because I drew the picture two years ago! Heh...

Posted Image

#19    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Oh, ok.  Thanks for the candid answer.  I'm glad to hear from someone who has actual experience dealing with this issue.

And I hope the avatar question didn't offend.  It just happened to be the first thing I noticed about it! :w00t:

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#20    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

View Postaztek, on 13 August 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

lol, i know that females usually don't care much about gays in their b-rooms\or dressing rooms, they usually don't even care gays seeing them naked. since they don't look at them as males,  and as a guy i don't really care if a lesbian uses mans bathroom.

That's an interesting point, but then there is the gray area between crossdresser and transgendered.  Many crossdressers will tell you that they are not homosexual and that they like women.  Should they use the women's restroom if they want to?  And, more importantly, whose job is it to question and confirm such information?

The devil is in the details.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#21    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,507 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostRafterman, on 13 August 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

That's an interesting point, but then there is the gray area between crossdresser and transgendered.  Many crossdressers will tell you that they are not homosexual and that they like women.  Should they use the women's restroom if they want to?  And, more importantly, whose job is it to question and confirm such information?

The devil is in the details.

Being transgender doesn't mean you cannot be homosexual though.  I agree that this is impossible to manage.   Imagine the outcry if they are required to carry a card confirming that a doctor agrees that they are transgender?

On sports teams and in locker rooms cannot be defended.   You must also think of what they will be subjecting other girls to (I won't use boys just because not many would object to a girl in the locker room).

#22    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

Even though this will end in nothing but bad news, I like this for one reason:  Males will dominate all female sports, rewrite all of the records, and the screaming California feminists must finally admit that they wanted Special Treatment for women, not Equality.

#23    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 13 August 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Even though this will end in nothing but bad news, I like this for one reason:  Males will dominate all female sports, rewrite all of the records, and the screaming California feminists must finally admit that they wanted Special Treatment for women, not Equality.

Brittney Griner would do just fine in the NBA. Manon Rhéaume did just fine in the NHL, though her time there was short.

I think sports should be integrated. I was always tired of playing against people who didn't take them seriously.

Posted Image

#24    rose quatz

rose quatz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

personally I dont like anyone being in my changing room with me, I hate those communal changing rooms at my local swimming pool. But as far as the topic or trying to pigeon hole people and say that one set has to go here and another there..I think thats stupid, some girls kick boys asses in sports and vice versa, what diff does it make really whats in your shorts?

Edited by rose quatz, 13 August 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#25    travelnjones

travelnjones

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

I wouldn't want someone of another gender in the restroom with me.  Seems like this is one of those things where it stops being "Whatever do your think just don't involve me." to "there are two of us here and one of us is not comfortable with this, me."

#26    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Posttravelnjones, on 13 August 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I wouldn't want someone of another gender in the restroom with me.  Seems like this is one of those things where it stops being "Whatever do your think just don't involve me." to "there are two of us here and one of us is not comfortable with this, me."
Why?

Posted Image

#27    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,905 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

I can see a lot of high school males suddenly becoming transgender lol

#28    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostRatte, on 14 August 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Why?

Why?  Perhaps you don't mind either way...seems that way from your posts....

I don't personally want to drop a big steamer with a member of the opposite sex in the same room...actually with anyone in the room.  I have a certain level of modesty when it comes to certain things like that.  I'm not a big fan of communal dressing and bathing either...perhaps if I were back in ancient Rome I would have been raised to not think a thing of it...however, I was not.

It's the whole idea of exposing some "straights" (what a terrible group of people!...I know!) to the naked body of the opposite sex...be they straight or gay or transgendered is irrelevant.  When my daughters were in school, I would not have been "OK" with her seeing the naked body of a gay or trangendered male...the equipment is the same though now it might be used differently...get the point?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#29    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 14 August 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Why?  Perhaps you don't mind either way...seems that way from your posts....

I don't personally want to drop a big steamer with a member of the opposite sex in the same room...actually with anyone in the room.  I have a certain level of modesty when it comes to certain things like that.  I'm not a big fan of communal dressing and bathing either...perhaps if I were back in ancient Rome I would have been raised to not think a thing of it...however, I was not.

It's the whole idea of exposing some "straights" (what a terrible group of people!...I know!) to the naked body of the opposite sex...be they straight or gay or transgendered is irrelevant.  When my daughters were in school, I would not have been "OK" with her seeing the naked body of a gay or trangendered male...the equipment is the same though now it might be used differently...get the point?
No. The stalls are there for a reason. So are the curtains in changing rooms (my schools locker rooms [both] had curtains, and stalls).

I dunno why we have sexualized taking a leak or a dump. And I never once saw a naked girl in the locker room. What schools are you people going to?!

Posted Image

#30    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostRatte, on 14 August 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

No. The stalls are there for a reason. So are the curtains in changing rooms (my schools locker rooms [both] had curtains, and stalls).

I dunno why we have sexualized taking a leak or a dump. And I never once saw a naked girl in the locker room. What schools are you people going to?!

When I went to Junior High and high school (yes, junior high...before the time of "middle school") the boys and girls locker rooms were big wide open rooms and one gigantic shower with about 20 or 30 shower heads.  The last High school locker room I was in a couple of years ago looked just like ours did.  Gym locker rooms are not and have never been "private"...

So how ya gonna deal with that?  Put in private shower stalls and private toilets?  Kinda pricey don't ya think?  

That was my initial post....why not put in separate bathroom (toilet) facilities with a big "?" for those that want them....California is already in debt to it's eyeballs...why not p!ss away some more money for the heck of it?

Edited by Jeremiah65, 14 August 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users