Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Elon Musk Hyperloop Train: ET Technology?

et

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#16    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 13 August 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

I appear to be way ahead of you regarding the hyperloop transport system.  It will work. :tu:

In fact, no it doesn't. Such transport systems have been proposed for many years now and has been prominently featured in many a science fiction book. The question is when the technology is mature enough to realize the system without it being cost prohibitive, I.e., low cost, light composite materials with the strength required, high strength super conducting magnets, etc. It is really basic stuff.

We have also been cheating in other areas.  Just look how far we have come in the last 50 years.

Clearly you have no idea of how technology is developed, as otherwise you would have realized how ignorant that statement is. But why don't you give us some insight into what areas you think we have cheated in also?

BTW, did you notice we retired the Space Shuttles?

Uhm, yes. As was planned for many years.

It looks like we need a replacement.  Hmmmm............

Yes, and you are aware that they are currently developing the replacement, right?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 13 August 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Elon Musk revealed details of a new high speed train.

It goes 800 Miles Per Hour !

It's called the - Hyperloop -. The capsule travels in a vacuum.

Alien tech? wow wee. :td:

This is defo nothing new and I will tell you why.

When I was a kid, 40 years ago, my mum took me to the towns shoe shop to get shoes. The kids dept was downstairs. Id choose and she would pay the clerk downstairs, who didnt have a till. So, she/the clerk would put the receipt, and the money, in a small capsule, put it into what I guess was a tube.. and press a button.  Then there would be a whoosh and the capsule was gone.

When the clerk upstairs had stamped the receipt and added change, another whoosh was heard and the capsule arrived downstairs.

40 years ago.   So, how did that capsule get transported instantly above ground?  Think about it

Edited by seeder, 13 August 2013 - 04:50 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 August 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Alien tech? wow wee. :td:

This is defo nothing new and I will tell you why.

When I was a kid, 40 years ago, my mum took me to the towns shoe shop to get shoes. The kids dept was downstairs. Id choose and she would pay the clerk downstairs, who didnt have a till. So, she/the clerk would put the receipt, and the money, in a small capsule, put it into what I guess was a tube.. and press a button.  The there would be a whoosh and the capsule was gone.

When the clerk upstairs had stamped the recipt and added change, another whoosh was heard and the capsule arrive downstairs.

40 years ago.   So, how did that capsule get transported instantly above ground?  Think about it

Heck, my local grocery story (VONS) was still using that concept until they closed down a few years back.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Now I found what it was ...and it was started in the 19th century

so balls to your alien tech fantasy

Pneumatic tubes (or capsule pipelines; also known as Pneumatic Tube Transport or PTT) are systems in which cylindrical containers are propelled through a network of tubes by compressed air or by partial vacuum. They are used for transporting solid objects, as opposed to conventional pipelines, which transport fluids. Pneumatic tube networks gained great prominence in the late 19th and early 20th century for businesses or administrations that needed to transport small but urgent packages (such as mail or money) over relatively short distances (within a building, or, at most, within a city). Some of these systems grew to great complexity, but they were eventually superseded by more modern methods of communication and courier transport, and are now much rarer than before. However, in some settings, such as hospitals, they remain of great use, and have been extended and developed further technologically in recent decades.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.../Pneumatic_tube

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#20    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 13 August 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Heck, my local grocery story (VONS) was still using that concept until they closed down a few years back.

Cheers,
Badeskov

:tu:    hehe, Im glad its not all teenies here,  I was concerned no-one else would remember them

#21    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 13 August 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

ET technology.

The ET technology allows the hyperloop system to actually operate safely at 4,000 Miles Per Hour.

ET3 is just adding a few extra bells & whistles.

It WILL work. :tu:

#22    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 13 August 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

The ET technology allows the hyperloop system to actually operate safely at 4,000 Miles Per Hour.

ET3 is just adding a few extra bells & whistles.

It WILL work. :tu:

why is this post not under the science and tech forums?

#23    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 August 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

:tu: hehe, Im glad its not all teenies here,  I was concerned no-one else would remember them

Hehe, oh no...the concept worked beautifully ;)

Cheers,
Badeskov

#24    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 13 August 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

No, why would that be odd?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Understatement of the year.  4,000 Miles Per Hour?  So what???

Pssst......the SR-71 Blackbird only went 2,200 Miles Per Hour !

At that speed the windows got hot just traveling through the atmosphere that fast.

#25    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 August 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

why is this post not under the science and tech forums?

Answer: traveling 4,000 Miles Per Hour is.............out of this world!

#26    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 13 August 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Understatement of the year.  4,000 Miles Per Hour?  So what???

Space shuttle max velocity: 17,500 miles per hour.

Pssst......the SR-71 Blackbird only went 2,200 Miles Per Hour !

At that speed the windows got hot just traveling through the atmosphere that fast.

What you seem not to understand (even though it is VERY basic) is that the whole idea is to remove drag by having the carriages travel in vacuum. Do you even understand the concept at all? Frankly, you don't give that impression.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#27    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 August 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Now I found what it was ...and it was started in the 19th century

so balls to your alien tech fantasy

Pneumatic tubes (or capsule pipelines; also known as Pneumatic Tube Transport or PTT) are systems in which cylindrical containers are propelled through a network of tubes by compressed air or by partial vacuum. They are used for transporting solid objects, as opposed to conventional pipelines, which transport fluids. Pneumatic tube networks gained great prominence in the late 19th and early 20th century for businesses or administrations that needed to transport small but urgent packages (such as mail or money) over relatively short distances (within a building, or, at most, within a city). Some of these systems grew to great complexity, but they were eventually superseded by more modern methods of communication and courier transport, and are now much rarer than before. However, in some settings, such as hospitals, they remain of great use, and have been extended and developed further technologically in recent decades.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.../Pneumatic_tube

Yes, we got the basic concept back then.

However, if you wish travel faster than the speed of sound then you are going to need a little help in order

to do it safely.

Question: How many G-Force levels can you be comfortable with?

I have a hard time with a rollercoaster.  It doesn't go 4,000 Miles Per Hour!

#28    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 13 August 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Space shuttle max velocity: 17,500 miles per hour.

What you seem not to understand (even though it is VERY basic) is that the whole idea is to remove drag by having the carriages travel in vacuum. Do you even understand the concept at all? Frankly, you don't give that impression.

Cheers,
Badeskov

You don't see any G-Force problems?

Speeding up from Zero.........then to 4,000 MPH.........then slowing to comfortable stop?

#29    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,123 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 13 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Yes, we got the basic concept back then.

However, if you wish travel faster than the speed of sound then you are going to need a little help in order

to do it safely.

Question: How many G-Force levels can you be comfortable with?

I have a hard time with a rollercoaster.  It doesn't go 4,000 Miles Per Hour!

as this has nothing to do with the forum you have posted it in, Im not responding further. Im here for UFO/ET stories, not stuff that I saw and witnessed when I was a kid, in a shoe shop.

yawn

#30    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 13 August 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

You don't see any G-Force problems?

Speeding up from Zero.........then to 4,000 MPH.........then slowing to comfortable stop?

Frankly, no I do not. This is meant for long distance travel and not for going to see your mum 50 miles away. So you can easily accelerate without imposing any uncomfortable g-forces.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Also tagged with et

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users