Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Donald Trump Warns Americans

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

http://www.moneynews...MO_CODE=103FC-1

The United States could soon become a large-scale Spain or Greece, teetering on the edge of financial ruin.

That’s according to Donald Trump, who painted a very ugly picture of where this country is headed. Trump made the comments during a recent appearance on Fox News’ “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren.”

According to Trump, the United States is no longer a rich country. “When you’re not rich, you have to go out and borrow money. We’re borrowing from the Chinese and others. We’re up to $16 trillion in debt.”

He goes on to point out that the downgrade of U.S. debt is inevitable.

“We are going up to $16 trillion [in debt] very soon, and it’s going to be a lot higher than that before he gets finished. When you have [debt] in the $21-$22 trillion, you are talking about a downgrade no matter how you cut it.”

Well gee Mr. Trump....thank you so much....some of us already know this...

Posted Image

Edited by Jeremiah65, 13 August 2013 - 11:09 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#2    mattg

mattg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Maybe Trump and his buddies could pony up some of their multi billions to help out since they made fortunes offshoring jobs, buying offshored products etc.

These rich and powerful guys as well as elected officials are always talking about financial doom and gloom as if they're not responsible for it. Somehow, 'we the people' are supposed to modify our lifestyles to fix it (I doubt Trump is going to downgrade).

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,442 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

'The Donald' wants to make a run for President. I highly suspect his "doom and gloom scenario" to be soon followed by a resounding "vote for me and I'll fix the mess" campaign.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,565 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostLilly, on 13 August 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

'The Donald' wants to make a run for President. I highly suspect his "doom and gloom scenario" to be soon followed by a resounding "vote for me and I'll fix the mess" campaign.

How many times has he filed Bankruptcy?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 August 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

How many times has he filed Bankruptcy?

Exactly...dumping his responsibilities...How many times has the taxpayers had to pay the tab?...How many times was tax revenue lost in his maelstrom?

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#6    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postmattg, on 13 August 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Maybe Trump and his buddies could pony up some of their multi billions to help out since they made fortunes offshoring jobs, buying offshored products etc.

These rich and powerful guys as well as elected officials are always talking about financial doom and gloom as if they're not responsible for it. Somehow, 'we the people' are supposed to modify our lifestyles to fix it (I doubt Trump is going to downgrade).

Opinions on the op aside, all the billions of all the billionaires won't help out much. Even if they create more jobs here and bring in more tax revenue the tax spenders will ask we the people to modify our lifestyle to accommodate them irresponsibly spending all of it and then ask US for more so they can fix it. Again. And again. And again.

Posted Image

#7    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,656 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostF3SS, on 14 August 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

Opinions on the op aside, all the billions of all the billionaires won't help out much. Even if they create more jobs here and bring in more tax revenue the tax spenders will ask we the people to modify our lifestyle to accommodate them irresponsibly spending all of it and then ask US for more so they can fix it. Again. And again. And again.
Thats a response to a tanked economy - not the cause.
Create real jobs, make real things - it worked in the past and it would work again.

The likes of Trump make that impossible.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#8    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 15 August 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Create real jobs, make real things - it worked in the past and it would work again.

Br Cornelius

It does seem that America has gone from a country that makes things to a country where people make their living by shuffling money around and taking a cut.

#9    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yeah....we used to make stuff...good stuff that the rest of the world actually wanted to buy.

I remember when Levi jeans were actually made here and people in other countries spent hundred of dollars for them.

We used to make the best tools.

We used to make some of the best cars.

Now we make hamburgers..."Want fries with that?"

Posted Image

#10    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 15 August 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Br Cornelius

Whatever. Blame money makers all you want. It's the politicians who have destroyed incentive for anyone to create new business here.

Posted Image

#11    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,976 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

America is going to fall like Rome did. I hate saying it but its true.

#12    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

has anyone thought of what things would be like, politically and... media wise the opinion of other countries.. if somehow Trump became pres?

Posted Image

#13    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Unknown title error

• 2,950 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Shallow and self serving.....
Anyone can point out a problem. Now had he came with a solution I may have given the Donald a nod. Unfortunately more people want to just point instead of think and do.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#14    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

It's easy to point out symptoms...a little more difficult to diagnose the cause.  Even harder to prescribe treatment.

I remember when I was young and just getting into the business I am in.  I was full of ideas and could see problems here and there and this old wise man that worked with me told me one day.  "You have a good head on your shoulders and you have an eye to spot things...just remember to never point out a problem to management without immediately following it up with a solution"...good advice.

Trump is just an attention Ho....if he runs in 2016, it will me a media frenzy and distract from possible candidates that might actually be good.  I have never like the arrogant SOB...I don't care how much money he has...he is not a demigod.  He will inevitably do more damage than good.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 16 August 2013 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostF3SS, on 15 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Whatever. Blame money makers all you want. It's the politicians who have destroyed incentive for anyone to create new business here.
the other view on that is the government has made it impossible for new businesses to start at the behest of their paymasters in BIG business.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users