Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Israel Releases Prisoners (Again)

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 18 August 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Israel is "God's Country" right? The Israeli's God's people.
It'll be fine. The Israelis will be fine, God is, after all, on their side. Which leads me to want to hold them to a standard I consider worthy of God's people.

There are seven million of those, living on a tiny speck of land, surrounded by 700 million hostile believers in a competitive god, who are convinved that it is their godly command to commit the second holocaust on the Jews.

Guess who has more reason to worry? And now look at whose side you take.

What hypocrisy.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#32    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,392 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 19 August 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

There are seven million of those, living on a tiny speck of land, surrounded by 700 million hostile believers in a competitive god, who are convinved that it is their godly command to commit the second holocaust on the Jews.

What hypocrisy.

Lmfao.

What absolute, unrivalled BS. Yes, they are surrounded with 700 million Murderous Muslims with nine inch fangs all waiting for the chance to decimate / eradicate the Jewish People 'because their G*d orders them to do so'.

I know youre a toxic individual from earlier comments on this forum, but this is ridiculous, even for you.  ..Even managing to end with 'What hypocrisy'. People like you truely scare the hell out of me.

The beautiful thing is, you are just like the 'Muslim' extremists who have read verse 2:191 for instance - or had it read to them because of their illiteracy - and think that opens the way for them to start murdering Jews indiscriminately.
In other words, you are just like the fringe fanaticals you love to implicate Islam with. Beautifully ironic, isnt it.

It might be an idea to actually read any given source completely, from front to cover, as opposed to using it as an encyclopedia - looking up verses here and there, not held back by any sense of context - like you and all like you seem to love to do.
Especially when dealing with religious scripture. But obviously this is going to fall on deaf ears, in your case anyway.

You need help, seriously.

#33    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 19 August 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Lmfao.

What absolute, unrivalled BS. Yes, they are surrounded with 700 million Murderous Muslims with nine inch fangs all waiting for the chance to decimate / eradicate the Jewish People 'because their G*d orders them to do so'.

I know youre a toxic individual from earlier comments on this forum, but this is ridiculous, even for you.  ..Even managing to end with 'What hypocrisy'. People like you truely scare the hell out of me.

The beautiful thing is, you are just like the 'Muslim' extremists who have read verse 2:191 for instance - or had it read to them because of their illiteracy - and think that opens the way for them to start murdering Jews indiscriminately.
In other words, you are just like the fringe fanaticals you love to implicate Islam with. Beautifully ironic, isnt it.

It might be an idea to actually read any given source completely, from front to cover, as opposed to using it as an encyclopedia - looking up verses here and there, not held back by any sense of context - like you and all like you seem to love to do.
Especially when dealing with religious scripture. But obviously this is going to fall on deaf ears, in your case anyway.

You need help, seriously.
That book HAS NO sense of context.  It's a hodgepodge of instructions designed to facilitate the subjugation of it's adherents.  PERIOD.  I guess you figure Van Gogh had it coming also?  What a piece of work....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#34    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,392 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ofcourse it hasnt, but the Bible has. Is that correct? You ofcourse know what you are talking about, as you undoubtedly have studied the Qur'an in an objective manner and have taken the effort to research the situation in which certain verses were handed down.

What the murder of Theo van Gogh, a fellow Dutchman of mine - may he rest in peace, has to do with this eludes me. That is not to say I dont understand where this remark of yours is coming from..

Complete and utter ignorance laced with some strong bias in relation to this subject.

Yes, the 'biggest gravest threat' / 'clear and present danger' to the 'civilized world' is the 'backward barbaric religion' known as Islam, which reveres a G*d which is 'competitive' to 'the Jewish & Christian G*d' - and all 'terrorists' prove this fact on a weekly basis.

You people should ask money for this.. its hilarious.

Talk about eyes wide shut.

#35    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

:whistle: :sleepy: :blink:

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#36    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,808 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 19 August 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

This is total BS, but of course it is exactly the sort of virulent propaganda emanating from islamist sources. And the low-information sheeple mainly on the political left gobble it up.

The islamists have taken Joseph Goebbels advice to heart: If you lie, lie big, and repeat the lie many times. Eventually, people believe it.

So the Israelites, American Jews and such around the world standing up to the tyranny of the Zionist government in Israel is complete bs and propaganda?

Listen to yourself.

#37    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

View Postand then, on 19 August 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

So for the sake of fairness I ask you - if Israel returned to the '48 lines, allowed all the refugees and their progeny to return and even paid reparations - what do you think would happen?  Do you believe there would be peace finally?
No. The hatred runs too deep.
There is no "better option", at best we have a "stop making things worse" option - which is for the Israelis to lift the blockades on Gaza and to stop building in the contested areas. They lose nothing by saying "and today we stop giving our enemies excuses to hate us".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#38    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 19 August 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

What hypocrisy.
The side of the innocent dead.
On all sides.
I do not excuse the Israelis OR the Palestinians, I have repeatedly said THEY'RE ALL WRONG.

I know my Bible. God left Israel to the wolves the last time they turned into aggressors, I do not want to see that happen again, especially not in this closeminded and bigoted world because I can see the whole "turning away the boats" from before the Second World War happening again.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats, 20 August 2013 - 07:30 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#39    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 20 August 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

No. The hatred runs too deep.
There is no "better option", at best we have a "stop making things worse" option - which is for the Israelis to lift the blockades on Gaza and to stop building in the contested areas. They lose nothing by saying "and today we stop giving our enemies excuses to hate us".
Do you recall why the blockade began initially?  Or why the wall was built?  The intifada bombings were killing citizens of all ages in buses and shops - even in a Seder meal.  The rockets and mortars from Gaza began within weeks of the last Israeli being removed from the land.  Your plan seems to me to be one where they go back to those situations and just bury their dead without defending themselves - and all for the sake of public opinion that will not change in their favor anyway.  That's not being blindly pro Israel - that's just looking at the reality of the situation.  I think they should reign in their settler movement and reduce the number of housing tenders if they intend to make peace.  But in truth I think it will only end when they assert total control over the area.  If the Tamar gas fields are as extensive as some claim then they may soon have the ability to be independent of US or any other aid.  If that comes to fruition then they may very well stop being pushed by Oby and his ilk.  Hillary will probably be next on the throne here and she will not improve relations with them.

#40    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,808 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postand then, on 20 August 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Do you recall why the blockade began initially?  Or why the wall was built?  The intifada bombings were killing citizens of all ages in buses and shops - even in a Seder meal.  The rockets and mortars from Gaza began within weeks of the last Israeli being removed from the land.  Your plan seems to me to be one where they go back to those situations and just bury their dead without defending themselves - and all for the sake of public opinion that will not change in their favor anyway.  That's not being blindly pro Israel - that's just looking at the reality of the situation.  I think they should reign in their settler movement and reduce the number of housing tenders if they intend to make peace.  But in truth I think it will only end when they assert total control over the area.  If the Tamar gas fields are as extensive as some claim then they may soon have the ability to be independent of US or any other aid.  If that comes to fruition then they may very well stop being pushed by Oby and his ilk.  Hillary will probably be next on the throne here and she will not improve relations with them.

And for every rocket there is in reply a hundred more. I wonder how that is going for those steadfast aggressors against their highly advanced military foes.

#41    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Postand then, on 20 August 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Your plan seems to me to be one where they go back to those situations and just bury their dead without defending themselves
No, my plan is to kill the rabid dog that attacks you WITHOUT PROVOKING IT FURTHER.
If Israel plays by all the rules set down by the UN etc, and then is attacked BY LAW it has the right to reply in kind and in force and BY LAW the UN has to support it. Israel wins, it forces the people who hate it to defend it.

Only I will remain.

#42    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 20 August 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

No, my plan is to kill the rabid dog that attacks you WITHOUT PROVOKING IT FURTHER.
If Israel plays by all the rules set down by the UN etc, and then is attacked BY LAW it has the right to reply in kind and in force and BY LAW the UN has to support it. Israel wins, it forces the people who hate it to defend it.
What do you call the Gaza withdrawal?  And if Israel abided by every mandate the UN issue then it would be gone in days...not weeks... OR there would be a massive, if brief, conflagration while they destroyed the vultures waiting to attack them.  Surely you don't actually believe the Palestinians are going to accept anything less than all the land?  They say it openly ALL THE TIME.  What is it about their rhetoric which you don't believe or understand?

Edited by and then, 20 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#43    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Off the top of my head, the only mandate placed in Israel by the UN was "lift the blockade or face sanctions" and "stop building settlements in other nations in order to appropriate land".
Both of those, incidentally, are mandates placed on everyone. As we both agree Israel faces an enemy in Palestine, we just disagree why they're the enemy and what Israel should do about them - I say stop giving them an excuse to attack you and then hide behind the "we're being bullied" defense.

Only I will remain.

#44    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 21 August 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Off the top of my head, the only mandate placed in Israel by the UN was "lift the blockade or face sanctions" and "stop building settlements in other nations in order to appropriate land".
Both of those, incidentally, are mandates placed on everyone. As we both agree Israel faces an enemy in Palestine, we just disagree why they're the enemy and what Israel should do about them - I say stop giving them an excuse to attack you and then hide behind the "we're being bullied" defense.
Okay... then lets just wait a bit and when this next peace agreement is reached - and I think a version WILL be - we can watch what happens.  I will bet an organ I need...that the violence begins again in less than a year AND that it is precipitated by the actions of the Palis.

#45    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

View Postand then, on 21 August 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Okay... then lets just wait a bit and when this next peace agreement is reached - and I think a version WILL be - we can watch what happens.  I will bet an organ I need...that the violence begins again in less than a year AND that it is precipitated by the actions of the Palis.
The Palestinians will be the ones who are violent first I agree.
And I hope you're right that they're the ones who start it too, because neither of us want to see Israel as the 'villain'.

Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users