Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Egypt declares national emergency

mohammed morsi national emergency egypt cairo

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 24 August 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I have no problem with revolution* for the sake of individual liberties, tolerance and respect. But the 'revolutions' in Syria and Egypt cannot be compared in such terms.

In Syria, while you may personally have the desire for, and are fighting for, those 3 fundamental aspects of a free and civlised society, the reality is you'll probably end up with (assuming the rebellion succeeds in ousting Assad) an Islamist govt which will implement Koranic Law and actually inhibit the freedoms of many of those who are fighting for it. While you, being Muslim, and perhaps many of those fighting for the end of Assad's reign may not be inconvenienced by Islamic law becoming more prominent, that attitude would exhibit a hypocrisy towards the fight for those freedoms. This is hypothetical, I would like to stress, and while I appreciate my opinion may cause you some offence, it is intended to instead promote careful thought about the consequences of what is happening.

In Egypt, however, while the govt there may indeed fall back into dictatorship/fascism - it will at least be a secular form of that and will not inhibit the freedoms and rights of the people by imposing religious ideology as law. An interview from an Egyptian intellectual I viewed online spoke of his concern that they faced now a choice between two evils after the revolution that took down Mubarak. But that the majority of Egyptians were willing to choose what they viewed as the lesser of those two evils - the secular dictatorship - and work towards a free secular society. He viewed what is happening in Egypt as the start of the changes to come, not their conclusion.

So, the situations in Egypt and Syria are only superficially similar.

*Obviously, I wish such actions were not necessary as they bring much suffering, pain and grief - which I deplore.
i don't think dictatorship will return ever
people are going to fight against it .. and time will prove me wrong or right on this one
however syria will NOT be " islamic country " we will be " civil country"
that is what the major rebels want .. spare for small group tied with extreme mentality
which is a problem to discuss AFTER things are settled with big evil gov

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#62    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,593 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 24 August 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

however syria will NOT be " islamic country " we will be " civil country"

For your sake, I hope that's how it works out - but the realist in me says it won't.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#63    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 24 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

For your sake, I hope that's how it works out - but the realist in me says it won't.
understandable .. but only because you don't know us
we're muslims in syria .. true .. but we keep our islam to our self
some muslims drink , don't fast , don't pray over here
alot of muslims girls work , drive , don't wear hair cover , dress tight clothes

and the majority of people are like that
however i won't deny there is small number of extremists groups
and those will be breeze to deal with once things are settled

but don't think for a min that we will be ok with some one lashing people in streets for doing something wrong
there was such incident like ths done by extremeists against civilian did i don't know what .. they lashed him in public
next day protest filled the streets against those people

but it will takes time .. and we have patience .. after all we waited 3 years almost under rain of bombs and showers of missiles
it won't hurt us to wait while the rebels clean the country of extreme forces " which are so small in numbers "
estimated 10.000 fighter .. while the rebels civil group are around 200.000

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users