Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NZ woman 'drove and texted while asleep'

sleep disorder driving texting mount maunganui

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    scots_nomad

scots_nomad

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

I have sleep walked a few times (Well a few times that I know of but probably far more often than that).  One night back when I was in my early twenties I was staying at my mates house on the other side of the city (Glasgow in Scotland) - I went to sleep in his spare bedroom and woke up the next morning in my own bed!  I looked outside and my car was parked in my driveway!  I decided to phone my mate and let him know that I was back home - the call came as a surprise to him because he thought I was still asleep in his spare room.  While talking to him I suggested that he checked if anything was missing as I had a bit of a habit of collecting things while sleeping (I once woke up in another mates house one day with a handful of all the nozzles from all of the deodorant cans or perfume bottles in their bathroom!).  My friend did a quick check around the house then came back and told me that he couldn't see anything missing but he told me I had left his back door wide open.  That came as a surprise to me because until then I didn't even know there was a back door to his house and more surprising still he told me that the only way I could have gotten out of his back garden was to climb a 9 foot high wall!

Regarding the comment someone made about wishing they could do their housework during their sleep - There was one time when I was working overseas and lived in a hotel suite in Abu Dhabi.  I woke up one morning and the first thought in my head was 'Where the hell am I?'...It took me a few seconds to realise that I was still in my hotel room but apparently I had been up during the night completely rearranging the furniture!  I had also got myself dressed (albeit that I had put my teeshirt on inside out), unpacked a suitcase AND made six cups of coffee (well actually I had put the coffee milk and sugar into the cups and placed the cups in various parts of the room but hadn't bothered pouring any hot water in them!)

I note from a few of the posts here that people seem to think that alcohol rather than sleep walking is the cause behind events like that described in the story but I know from experience that you can do the strangest things while sleeping without alcohol being involved in any way - with me it seems to be sleeping in places I am not used to that triggers it, although thankfully it hasn't happened to me for years (as far as I am aware!)

A collection of facts is no more 'Knowledge' than a pile of stones is a house.

#17    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

She really needs to stay off the sleep medication.

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Enlightened

• 3,932 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

I think I was on the motorway behind her this evening...

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing the totality of this story.

What's next, a "sleep driving" airline pilot?

#20    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

Maybe she was abducted by little grey men and had one of those lost time experiences. LOL

#21    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Would love to see some of the texts she sends.  I'm hoping they all consist of her merely typing 'zzzzzzzzzz' to everyone on her contact list.

#22    dibatag

dibatag

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• Do not belive everything you are told is true

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

This one is hard to be;eive

#23    bassai26

bassai26

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "Nobody can choose which star to be born under"

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

about that sleeping disorder,do you remember the tv show "fact or fiction" they have this episode something like that.well i thought maybe she will end up like that...i hope not...

#24    EtherialNight

EtherialNight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

• There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

It's true, this story, she lives in my city.. it was all over the news, and she has done this before. There is a link to a type of sleep medication, that others who have taken it have also driven while asleep. Totally bizarre.

#25    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

I've heard of people texting or falling asleep at the wheel but never BOTH AT THE SAME TIME! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users