Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Do you believe the moon landing was fake?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

I always thought it was real, like I just never really thought that someone out there would go to such lengths to fake it.
Now I'm not really up to date with spacecraft and manned missions to space, so I don't know how many of them there were.
But anyways,
I read a book, called 'Maggot Moon' that was actually really good, and made me wonder.
But my question is, is do you think the moon landing was a hoax?

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

#2    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,216 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Nighthawk9653,
I've moved this to the conspiracies section. There have been an awful lot of topics on this subject over the years, and an awful lot of opinions (in the case of hoax believers) and facts (in the case of those that know it was real... it's obvious which side I'm on).

If you want to read more about the debate then click HERE and it will take you to the most recent topic on the subject. The 8th post in this topic lists most of the rest of the topics on the subject.

Be warned, you have prodded a hornets nest, debate on the Moon Hoax theory can be very heated.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#3    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Our local troothers would have no problem believing it was fake.
All you need to do is turn off your brain.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#4    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,324 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

It wasn't a hoax.  Anyone who examines the historical record (of what must be the best- and most openly documented- historical event of all time) will see that.

The only people who believe it was hoaxed are those without the requisite skills to understand portions of that record, or those who see a buck to be made from sellings books and dvds and websites with paid ads and subscription-only info.

They also generally have an axe to grind with the ebil establishment, are eager to latch onto anything that supports their world-view and refuse to investigate properly or listen to the science behind the missions.

But let's cut to the chase:

Q.1. You do realise that Maggot Moon is a FICTION book set in a fictional historical timeline?

Q.2 What are the most convincing two or three things that makes you think Apollo was hoaxed?

Q.3 Have you visited any sites that deal with the hoax claims (like ApolloHoax.net, or Clavius.org) and if not, why not?

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostNighthawk9653, on 15 August 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

I always thought it was real, like I just never really thought that someone out there would go to such lengths to fake it.
Now I'm not really up to date with spacecraft and manned missions to space, so I don't know how many of them there were.
But anyways,
I read a book, called 'Maggot Moon' that was actually really good, and made me wonder.
But my question is, is do you think the moon landing was a hoax?

It was real.

One fact alone should convince you of this - there have literally been millions of people worldwide over the last almost 50 years who could have had an opportunity to expose the "truth" if the landings had been fake (not the least of which was the Kremlin).  And yet, none of them have.

Edited by Rafterman, 15 August 2013 - 01:39 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,905 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Nope it was real.
The russians would have jumped all over the US if they could have proved it was fake... and would have. And if anyone could have proven it a fake I'm sure the russians would have. ;)

#7    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

It was a real fake landing.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

My grandfather worked at NASA for a long time. During the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions. We did land on the moon. But, there were a lot of things that went on behind the scenes, a lot of people don't know about. Like Neil Armstrong used up to much fuel when he landed on the moon, and they almost didn't get him back! True story...

#9    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,467 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

No I don't think it was faked. I do think there are things about the moon and space that are being kept quiet about. A part of me thinks there's more to the moon than it being just a floating rock satelite.

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#10    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Most of the CT stories about this seem to follow the story line of the old movie "Capricorn One"... Which, IMO, is where virtually all con theories about this started...

100 years ago, the people who write these books and push these 'theories' would be trying to sell you a Bridge in Brooklyn...

Edited by Taun, 15 August 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#11    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostRafterman, on 15 August 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

It was real.

One fact alone should convince you of this - there have literally been millions of people worldwide over the last almost 50 years who could have had an opportunity to expose the "truth" if the landings had been fake (not the least of which was the Kremlin).  And yet, none of them have.

I think the Soviet angle is most telling,if they had any suspicions at all they would've announced to the world it was a fake-they never have.

#12    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

With all of the space junk floating around in space, something must have landed on the moon by now.  I remember seeing the moon walk on TV.  The picture was grainy, but I think it was very real.

#13    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 16 August 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

With all of the space junk floating around in space, something must have landed on the moon by now.  I remember seeing the moon walk on TV.  The picture was grainy, but I think it was very real.

My mum watched it live, she was pregnant with me....and they were about 10 neighbours in the living room watching it together...how times have changed, eh?

The moon landing was real because, like somebody said already, the Russians would have jumped at the chance to destroy Nasa.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#14    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 7,568 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostAggie, on 16 August 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

My mum watched it live, she was pregnant with me....and they were about 10 neighbours in the living room watching it together...how times have changed, eh?

The moon landing was real because, like somebody said already, the Russians would have jumped at the chance to destroy Nasa.

It was my 16th birthday, and my 'party' consisted of my family and a few good friends watching the landing and walk...  Best birthday ever!

#15    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,409 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I think it was real. Otherwise every member of NASA was part of the conspiricy if you believe that.  Thousands of people in multiple cities had to keep their story straight.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users