Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Seattle police to hand out Doritos

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,106 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

SEATTLE - Seattle police plan to use Hempfest, the annual pro-marijuana event and potential cases of the munchies to get their message to the masses.

SPD calls it Operation Orange Fingers, and they plan to hand deliver a thousand bags of Doritos with a label attached that will send Hempfest attendees to SPD's site, Marijwhatnow? A legal guide to marijuana in Seattle.

http://www.king5.com...-219649131.html

This is freakin' hilarious. But honestly, since Washington State legalized marijuana, the Seattle police have been quite good natured with a sense of humor about the whole situation (and in fact, the police departments in the metro areas supported legalization) Their blogs on the topic of legalization have been dang funny. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 15 August 2013 - 05:02 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,035 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I bet the cops love it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

That's great they have such a good sense of humour about it. :)

#4    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I bet the cops are smoking weed.. and eat chips with the hippes!!!

yeah man let's all smoke and relax.. and I would like a bag of chips!
Operation orange fingers sounds like a pretty good operation.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#5    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,106 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

The funny part of this whole legalization thing is watching the state try to figure out how to make money at it while effectively squashing the black market as well. right now, the whole thing is kind of chaotic. I've seen more people openly smoking in public but recent studies show that fewer people than ever are actually using it in the metro area.

The reality is that marijuana usage and possession has been unofficially decriminalized in Seattle for over a decade, so this change over to full legalization isn't that big of a deal... the BIG change will be the legal production and distribution channels.  It should be interesting in the coming 5-6 months when we should see some state run pot stores opening up.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,977 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Wow.  I thought the 'laughing policeman' was just a myth.

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I live in a place where weed is legalized and I love it, I use to have to take a ton of painkillers and blood pressure medicines.  But now I don't need anymore painkillers the weed does the job of EVERYTHING.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,106 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

This is from the Seattle Police Department regarding the current state and legality of Marijuana... this is HILARIOUS too. it's all accurate and true, there's no bad information here, but the presentation in this article that's being attached to the Doritos that are being handed out is FUNNY.

http://spdblotter.se...use-in-seattle/

#9    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

hope for humanity!...or at least hippies.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#10    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,106 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

I thought that I'd post a picture of one of the actual bags handed out at Hempfest by the cops--they really do have a sense of humor! LOL:

Posted Image

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,977 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

There's a few other 'do nots' they could have included.

Do not smoke weed if you have mental health problems, are easily addicted to substances or have cardio-vascular problems.  Sorry to be a party-pooper, pilgrims but I speak from experience.

Still good to see the cops being nice though.  :)

#12    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I wonder if the same kind of state-related chaos occurred when Prohibition ended. One of the easiest ways, I  would think, is to use tax stamps the way they do on cigarettes.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#13    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,106 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Postbrlesq1, on 21 August 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

I wonder if the same kind of state-related chaos occurred when Prohibition ended. One of the easiest ways, I  would think, is to use tax stamps the way they do on cigarettes.

Oh there's really no doubt that it will be taxed stamped in WA. State the way both cigarettes and alcohol are. We'll know more about tax stamping and distribution this coming December. Things are getting interesting here in Washington. LOL. Although, not too surprisingly, overall marijuana usage in Washington State is actually down already, according to the statisticians... but visibility of usage is way up. haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users