Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

UFO Found on Documentary

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#136    MonkeyOrchid

MonkeyOrchid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• I see Candy's in my sleep !

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

"Please only offer me unbiased material."

I think the irony goes right over your head sometimes Zoser.

#137    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 18 August 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Please justify why you think the rims are 'a compression aritfact' and not real to the image.  I don't believe anyone has sufficient evidence to say that the rims are not real.
Jesse already did that: here and here.

But hey, lets find other rims: from the same frame as "UFO"
Posted Image

enlarged part (x6) in black rectangle:
Posted Image

Holy cow, guy's chin with "rectangular beard"... Want me point out all rims, horizontal and vertical, huh?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#138    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostMonkeyOrchid, on 19 August 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

"Please only offer me unbiased material."

I think the irony goes right over your head sometimes Zoser.

Sounds like seeder again.

Posted Image

#139    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Jesse already did that: here and here.

But hey, lets find other rims: from the same frame as "UFO"

enlarged part (x6) in black rectangle:

Holy cow, guy's chin with "rectangular beard"... Want me point out all rims, horizontal and vertical, huh?

I'm considering this one case closed since nothing new or relevant is being posted now.

I'll check again tomorrow.

Edited by zoser, 19 August 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image

#140    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

View Postzoser, on 19 August 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I'm considering this one case closed since nothing new or relevant is being posted now.

What a cop out... Are "chin structures" real or not? Simple question. Is eyebrow/eye "rim" features (pointed out by Jesse) real or not? Having chin/eyebrow "rim" are "real features", how you can claim "classic saucer shape" of your "UFO"?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#141    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

Yes, I manage to go back in time and throw that object in the background to be recorded! If I didn't... Well Just let you know, we all be fighting against the canadians after they discovered how to clone Al Gore!

Now to dress up as an old lady and go back to 1928 and get caught on film which some how stops earth worms discover we are intelligent life forms.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#142    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 20 August 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Yes, I manage to go back in time and throw that object in the background to be recorded! If I didn't... Well Just let you know, we all be fighting against the canadians after they discovered how to clone Al Gore!

Now to dress up as an old lady and go back to 1928 and get caught on film which some how stops earth worms discover we are intelligent life forms.

Yer What?????

Posted Image

#143    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Zoser, please stop this time wasting. You make it worse for yourself. Ten pages of counter posts to people who simply don't believe in anything out of the ordinary. You made a good thread, you spotted a UFO looking image, you gave some good photos I hadn't seen before. Keep it at that.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#144    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

You haven't actually explained away my reasoned explanation for why your "rims" are compression artefacts.  Just vague assertions that my analysis is unreliable or wrong.

I explained why the rims occurred among the edges of the 8x8 compression blocking and why there are similar "rims" in other places (as others have also pointed out).  Another point to make is that you have claimed that the straight lines extending beyond the 'rims' are caused by a high-speed object being caught on film.  Do you realise how little sense this makes?  The lines continue in front and behind the object.  Which rules out motion across the frame.  But more importantly, an object moving fast enough to leave a trail behind it doesn't look like that, the object is simply blurred out along it's direction of motion.  So the object is either not moving fast enough to leave it as a blurred out smear or the exposure time for the frame was low enough to capture it sharply.  Either way you're not going to get little lines extending out horizontally in front or behind the object.

What's your actual objection to my explanation of how the rims are merely compression artefacts that can be seen elsewhere in the image?  Do you even know what I am saying to you about image compression?  I get the impression you have no experience working with digital imagery and thus all this is sailing over your head and you dismiss it because you don't understand it.  It's very ironic for you to display your ignorance like this when you love to snidely dismiss others when they make mistakes and love to remind them in other threads.  Pot, kettle, black.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#145    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 20 August 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

It's very ironic for you to display your ignorance like this when you love to snidely dismiss others when they make mistakes and love to remind them in other threads.  Pot, kettle, black.

Spot on! :tu:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#146    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 20 August 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

You haven't actually explained away my reasoned explanation for why your "rims" are compression artefacts.  Just vague assertions that my analysis is unreliable or wrong.

I explained why the rims occurred among the edges of the 8x8 compression blocking and why there are similar "rims" in other places (as others have also pointed out).  Another point to make is that you have claimed that the straight lines extending beyond the 'rims' are caused by a high-speed object being caught on film.  Do you realise how little sense this makes?  The lines continue in front and behind the object.  Which rules out motion across the frame.  But more importantly, an object moving fast enough to leave a trail behind it doesn't look like that, the object is simply blurred out along it's direction of motion.  So the object is either not moving fast enough to leave it as a blurred out smear or the exposure time for the frame was low enough to capture it sharply.  Either way you're not going to get little lines extending out horizontally in front or behind the object.

What's your actual objection to my explanation of how the rims are merely compression artefacts that can be seen elsewhere in the image?  Do you even know what I am saying to you about image compression?  I get the impression you have no experience working with digital imagery and thus all this is sailing over your head and you dismiss it because you don't understand it.  It's very ironic for you to display your ignorance like this when you love to snidely dismiss others when they make mistakes and love to remind them in other threads.  Pot, kettle, black.

There is nothing to debate as far as I can see.  The lines do not continue on my image.  Even if they did it could be due to a very high speed object as has already been explained to you.

When I enlarge the image that is what I see (see post 117).  This clearly indicates rims.  The rims are also visible from a partially zoomed in image.

If you are getting a different effect it is up to you to explain what image methods you are using.  For a start I am compelled to ask if you have zoomed in to get such large pixels why is the overall image so small?  You need to explain that for a start.  I can zoom, so that the object fills the screen and I see pixels.  The rims are there.

Is it your pc or your graphics card?  Have you manipulated the image?  Or are you Are you simply conjecturing?

Edited by zoser, 20 August 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

#147    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 August 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

There is nothing to debate as far as I can see.

My general feeling about this topic.

Posted Image

#148    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

why isn't this thread closed yet, this isn't a debate except zoser playing ignorant

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#149    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 August 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

There is nothing to debate as far as I can see.

Case closed then?

Posted Image

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#150    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Here is what I said 4 pages ago:

The OP clearly gives the classic saucer shape.

First frame is blurred.  Second frame is clear.  Third frame is blurred.  Indicating movement.

Verdict:

Unidentified Flying Object.

Case closed.

That's where the subject ends for me.

Unless of course the skeptics want to continue arguing 'how many angels can dance on the end of a pin'.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users