Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

UFO Found on Documentary

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#16    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

View Postzoser, on 15 August 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Can't argue with that NB.

It sure is damn curious though.  The only two things of note are it's shape and speed.  It was difficult to freeze frame and so appeared to be moving very quickly.
Also, which direction are they traveling in. There's a similar photo of a UFO which appears to have wings out the back. It's much the same shape, with the bulbous end being the front. Maybe they fly more slowly with their head-up and big wings out? It was on a Discovery program, The Frederick Valentich Disappearance. Highly recommended to get the full picture of where this UFO photo fits into the story.

Attached Thumbnails

• Valentich2.jpeg
  • TheValentichUFOMysteryPhoto.png
  • Valentichdisappearance1.jpg

Edited by NatureBoff, 15 August 2013 - 08:45 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#17    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 15 August 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Also, which direction are they traveling in. There's a similar photo of a UFO which appears to have wings out the back. It's much the same shape, with the bulbous end being the front. Maybe they fly more slowly with their head-up and big wings out? It was on a Discovery program, The Frederick Valentich Disappearance. Highly recommended to get the full picture of where this UFO photo fits into the story.

Nice find.  Again I have no idea what this is.

Posted Image

#18    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

great find zoser :D seeder is only trying to look cool ! dont mind him :D just tell him he is right ! and he ll smile and walk away :'D. and he ll tell all his friends that he did it again ! solved a mystery ! hahahaha :D

#19    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 15 August 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

great find zoser :D seeder is only trying to look cool ! dont mind him :D just tell him he is right ! and he ll smile and walk away :'D. and he ll tell all his friends that he did it again ! solved a mystery ! hahahaha :D

Seeders a decent chap.  Just no need for the personal bits.

Thanks anyway.

:D

Posted Image

#20    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,361 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 15 August 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Nope Im afraid youre wrong. Looking cool was something I did in my 20's,  a long time ago now.  And its not a case of chalking up successes. However zoser has never posted anything yet that's been mind blowing or undebunkable. Nor has anyone else really. Im here like everyone else to read posts on the ufo/et subject. But ...well there isnt much quality evidence now is there?

But at least I do spend time looking into others claims and their sources...because I DO WANT TO KNOW.  Its just that when I do that, many tales fall apart rapidly..

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#21    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,762 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

Just a reminder, if you do not like reading another member's posts, you do have the option to 'Ignore' them from your control panel.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Also beware of gifts of Greek bears. Gifted and bare Greeks are fine - Joseph Fink

#22    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,285 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

View Postzoser, on 15 August 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

OK just finished watching the doc so I thought I would have a go at some more enlargements:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two distinguishable straight rims, one approximately in the middle and one at the bottom.
Word of warning.  Be very wary about blowing up photos or video stills like this.  The pics above give misleading impressions in 2 ways.

1. Blowing up an image using the default settings of lots of software results in the image being smoothed out to hide the pixellation that would otherwise be very obvious in an image being shown way above its native resolution.

2.  The image is from a YouTube video.  It has been subject to lossy compression.  Objects against plain backgrounds like this object here typically do not fare well when compressed using JPEG or MPEG compression.  The photo or frame gets chopped into 8x8 segments which are altered in order to make the image as a whole more compressible.  The result is that small objects like UFOs against a plain sky in video or photos are sometimes very misleading as to what the object actually looked like.

This is a good example of that.  The footage on YouTube is 360p resolution.  Higher resolution probably wouldn't help the quality as it's old poor quality video footage.  but it does mean that the object in question when the video is displayed at a 1:1 pixel mapping, the object has a resolution of about 20x25 pixels.  When zooming in without any sort of image smoothing algorithms, you can see that there really is a significant lack of detail and that the 8x8 blocking of notably compressed video or photos that I mentioned above is significant.  It's also worth noting that the "flat" edge at the bottom is clearly the result of the same 8x8 blocking as the "straight" line you can see is at the edge of one of the 8x8 blocks.  

TL;DR version - be wary of heavily zoomed in photos or video stills that have been through the digital mincing machine of JPEG/MPEG compression, resizing with bilinear or bicubic or other resampling algorithms designed to smooth out ugly pixellation.  People who don't understand these issues tend to see things that aren't really there as they're looking at artifacts (8x8 blocking and artificial smoothness).  The irony is that on the other hand people will jump to claims of "fake!" thinking that the 8x8 blocking is caused by photoshopping something into an image.

This is what you really get when you zoom in 1000% so you can see the actual original pixellation of what a video still at that point in the video looks like in it's detail:

Posted Image

Edited by JesseCuster, 15 August 2013 - 11:40 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#23    Codemonger

Codemonger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people" - Isaac Newton

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

It doesn't look like much but probably a scratch on the original film, I would say no UFO. Good find though.

#24    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

On the OP, to me honestly looks like an airplane or potenitially a bird.  I'm not all on the up and up on filmography, expecially the vintage stuff but the same rules apply as in photography...Composition and depth of field.

What i see in the the frame captures provided is a camera close to its subjects while the subject to distance is quite far. Keeping this as easy on the reading eyes as i can...when you have a greater subject to distance things in the background tend to get exaggerated, eg. a bird and look like an airplane and an airplane at the right angle can look like an unidentifyable object.  Other things such as film quality, camera quality and the cameras FPS can play a large role also. Just my little ol opinion :tu:

#25    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

There is a real UFO in a episode of the twilight zone when the old man and his dog are walking down the dirt road in the opening sceen if you look behinde them in the air you can see it they hunt raccoons and the guy dies trying to save his dog

#26    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 16 August 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

There is a real UFO in a episode of the twilight zone when the old man and his dog are walking down the dirt road in the opening sceen if you look behinde them in the air you can see it they hunt raccoons and the guy dies trying to save his dog
Would be interested to see said clip personally.

#27    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

The object moves far to

View PostMythical Legend, on 16 August 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

On the OP, to me honestly looks like an airplane or potenitially a bird.  I'm not all on the up and up on filmography, expecially the vintage stuff but the same rules apply as in photography...Composition and depth of field.

What i see in the the frame captures provided is a camera close to its subjects while the subject to distance is quite far. Keeping this as easy on the reading eyes as i can...when you have a greater subject to distance things in the background tend to get exaggerated, eg. a bird and look like an airplane and an airplane at the right angle can look like an unidentifyable object.  Other things such as film quality, camera quality and the cameras FPS can play a large role also. Just my little ol opinion :tu:

The object moves far too fast to be a plane.  I don't see any remotely distinctive features indicating a bird.  Not saying that it cannot be a bird; it's just that the visual evidence doesn't point that way.

Posted Image

#28    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

As I was concluding my search for similar looking objects I thought people might be interested to see this:

It doesn't warrant a thread on it's own so I thought I would post it here.

Taken in Cuba 2013

http://www.ufocasebo...pictures16.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,361 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

The object moves far to

The object moves far too fast to be a plane.

as does a grain of dust on a roll of film being played

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#30    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

View Postseeder, on 16 August 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

as does a grain of dust on a roll of film being played

Did you succeed in finding another similar object on any of the old footage?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users