Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

UFO Found on Documentary

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#31    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,689 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

Did you succeed in finding another similar object on any of the old footage?

go back and read my posts, WITH PICS....  if you bothered reading any other posts apart from your own you wouldn't have asked that question  :tu:

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#32    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

View Postseeder, on 16 August 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

go back and read my posts, WITH PICS....  if you bothered reading any other posts apart from your own you wouldn't have asked that question  :tu:

I studied them but found no object anywhere near as distinct as the one in the OP.  If you have one please display it.

Posted Image

#33    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,689 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

I studied them but found no object anywhere near as distinct as the one in the OP.  If you have one please display it.

cant be bothered with you today matey

Posted Image

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#34    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

View Postseeder, on 16 August 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

cant be bothered with you today matey

OK

Here's yours enlarged:

Posted Image

Compared with the OP similar size

Posted Image

The one in the OP is clearly more distinct and looks far more like a solid object.

Not only that it has the straight rims in the middle and bottom.

Yours looks like a blemish on the film.

Do you have any more?

Edited by zoser, 16 August 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image

#35    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,947 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

[...]

Compared with the OP similar size

Posted Image

The one in the OP is clearly more distinct and looks far more like a solid object.

Not only that it has the straight rims in the middle and bottom.

Yours looks like a blemish on the film.

Do you have any more?
You, apparently, missed Jesse's post. All your "rims" are just artifacts.
And another point: what are the chances that your "rims" captured  would be in perfect horizontal alignment with the camera?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#36    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 16 August 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

You, apparently, missed Jesse's post. All your "rims" are just artifacts.
And another point: what are the chances that your "rims" captured  would be in perfect horizontal alignment with the camera?

The rims can be clearly seen even in J's post.

I see nothing in J's post that gives the impression that the rims are an illusion.

If you disagree please show me where.

Edited by zoser, 16 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.

Posted Image

#37    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,947 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

The rims can be clearly seen even in J's post.

I see nothing in J's post that gives the impression that the rims are an illusion.

If you disagree please show me where.
Here yea go (added arrows in Jesse's image):

Posted Image

And more - "rims" on the guy's forehead:

Posted Image
This guy is 100% ET, with definite "structures, rims" on his head...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#38    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 16 August 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Here yea go (added arrows in Jesse's image):

And more - "rims" on the guy's forehead:

This guy is 100% ET, with definite "structures, rims" on his head...

Neither point proves anything.

J enlarged the image to beyond the resolution of the original film. The rim is still visible anyway; look at your top central arrow.  

Your eyebrow rim isn't even straight!  Pointing out that an eyebrow resembles an unidentified image may be interesting in itself but fails to solve anything.

So far we have:

1) No evidence that it is a bird.  Wrong shape.
2) No evidence that it is a plane.  Wrong shape and too fast.
3) No evidence that it is a blemish on the film.  No similarly clear image has yet been found.

Despite the fact that people on the forum seem to believe that it is one of the above, depending on who you ask.

Edited by zoser, 16 August 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Posted Image

#39    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,947 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

J enlarged the image to beyond the resolution of the original film. The rim is still visible anyway; look at your top central arrow.  
[...]
But you did exactly the same!!! But he did it properly (enlarged by 2n (n=5), and without interpolation), while you not - you scaled it by hell knows what amount plus interpolation!

BTW, you can find black "saucer/wiener" at ~7:12 (one frame) during plane landing. That will give you perspective...

#40    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 16 August 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

But you did exactly the same!!! But he did it properly (enlarged by 2n (n=5), and without interpolation), while you not - you scaled it by hell knows what amount plus interpolation!

BTW, you can find black "saucer/wiener" at ~7:12 (one frame) during plane landing. That will give you perspective...

I did not enlarge to the extent that each pixel was visible.  The original and my enlargement show the same overall shape and image.

Edited by zoser, 16 August 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

#41    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,947 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 August 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

I did not enlarge to the extent that each pixel was visible.  The original and my enlargement show the same overall shape and image.
You mean this???

View Postzoser, on 15 August 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

[...]
Posted Image
[...]
You enlarged with interpolation, for f's sake!!!

Ok, here is tutorial on interpolation. Read it, and try to understand.

#42    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,689 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

J enlarged the image to beyond the resolution of the original film.

The original film? You mean a compressed youtube clip, of a recorded TV program that showed the clip in the first place. And no doubt the YT clip is not the first hand copy of the docu to start with.

You are totally bizarre in your thinking. And yes there were/are many blobs in your section of that docu, many white blips and other black blobs all over the show, although I dont have the abundance of  time you have...to try pause on a single frame of a YT vid, that showed a smudge, and then enlarge it....:lol:

Edited by seeder, 16 August 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#43    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

And thus, the online audio/video "experts" with formal degrees in nothing and classical training in even less continue their courting dance into oblivion...

Posted Image

#44    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostMike G, on 16 August 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

And thus, the online audio/video "experts" with formal degrees in nothing and classical training in even less continue their courting dance into oblivion...

...arguing about a splotch on film as if that is proof of anything.

Edited by scowl, 16 August 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#45    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,875 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

J enlarged the image to beyond the resolution of the original film.
As did you.  I just know how to zoom in to see the actual detail of the original photo or frame whereas you used software or a default software setting the interpolated the zoomed in version to try and beast guess as to the low level of local detail you get when zooming in on images and start seeing the individual pixels clearly.  The result when zooming in a lot is an artficial blur to the image and hiding of otherwise recognisable clear compression artefacts.

Your eyebrow rim isn't even straight!  Pointing out that an eyebrow resembles an unidentified image may be interesting in itself but fails to solve anything.
You're clearly not looking at the same thing.  The eyebrow 'rim' is 100% horizontal.  There's a horizontal nose rim and both vertical and horizontal hair rims. Bmk1245's pic makes the point about image compression very well.  You can see compression artefacts like the 'rims' all over the pic.

Do you think think those neat perfectly and horizontal edges are really there on the guy's face and they happen to neatly line up exactly with the horizontal and vertical axes of the image? Note how the 'straight rim' on the lower side of the object continues on to the left and right through the background sky continuing the straight edge.  If you were familiar with dealing with lossy compressed images, you'd recognise this for what it is.

Posted Image

Here's the UFO blown up again to make my point clearer.  Originally blow-up on left and annotated version on right, complete with overlaid 8x8 grid to make the point clearer.

Posted Image

Edited by JesseCuster, 16 August 2013 - 04:15 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users