Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Obama mask on a rodeo clown..................

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...-anger-critics/

I didn't think this was meant to imply anything except that Obama is a clown.   Is there a racist thing here.
I don't get it.
While I'm not personally in favor of publically promoting or insulting a president, I guess it is fair game.   Bush took more than any I can remember.  
I think the guy was just catering to the majority of the fans at a rodeo.

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

POPULAR

This thing has completely gone over the top if you ask me.  And, frankly, if the President weren't black we probably wouldn't have even heard about it.

Every president since Washington has been made fun of and caricatured at some point in time - but I guess we can't do that with the Lord High Obama.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

The left is going to play the race card at every turn with this president. Every other one can be made fun of, but not the messiah.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

It might have been in poor taste, but I don't think it was intended to be purely racist.  I agree with Myles, I think the point was "he's a clown"....the fact is, to have an accurate caricature...the color is part of it.

I agree, anyone who doesn't like this Pres is a racist...never mind that his policies and orders have been serious stinkers...."That's racist!"

Oh well...It gives Al Sharpton and Jesse and the rest of the fellows something else to b!tch about besides the George Zimmerman verdict...

Edited by Jeremiah65, 15 August 2013 - 06:10 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#5    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

So in the minds of the race baiters, anytime a black person is made fun of it is racist?
:wacko:

#6    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Good job it wasn't the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-Un.. he would get life hard labour, with the odd tar and feathering and public flogging thrown in, every now and then.

Posted Image

#7    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,736 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

I seem to recall quite a few Bush masks used in disparaging ways when he was in office... That seemed okay...

And to answer Myles - sometimes...

There are people who happen to be black, and there are people that make being black a profession... (I'm sure the same can be said for every ethnicity)... The latter seem to take offense first - then (sometimes) check to see if
offense is warranted...

#8    Phobes

Phobes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm sure the people that are so outraged by the Obama mask had no problem when things like that were done when Bush was president.

#9    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostMyles, on 15 August 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

So in the minds of the race baiters, anytime a black person is made fun of it is racist?
:wacko:

Well, for one minor thing, in the USA so-called 'white' Americans constantly make fun of "African Americans," but let one 'white' say the so-called "N" word (not as a celebrity such as Paula Deen) and he or she will be reminded that only "African-Americans" can utter it. I don't pretend to know what this means. It's far too intellectual for my capacities.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#10    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostPhobes, on 15 August 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

I'm sure the people that are so outraged by the Obama mask had no problem when things like that were done when Bush was president.

A difference is that no rodeo clown or other public performer dressed in an exaggerated Bush mask (that would be thin lips, incurious eyes, minimal cranial vault) and said, in front of a state government sponsored fair gathering, "Wanna watch uh bull run me ovah!?" Fortunately, for those of us above voting age who paid attention, Bush's very own quotes ("Is our children learning? ". . .The internets. . ." "Mission accomplished") were so freakin' hilarious and untrue as to need no extra clownishness, mask, bull or anything else. W. was such a dimbulb that he served--well--as a simpleton, a self-referencing caricature of himself. He never got what he deserved in the US by way of mockery and disdain. Borat got more crap from "middle America" for his send-up of the national anthem at a rodeo, by fellow W. dimbulbs that couldn't see or hear parody if it jumped in the shower with them. Sheesh. . .

#11    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,736 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 15 August 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

A difference is that no rodeo clown or other public performer dressed in an exaggerated Bush mask (that would be thin lips, incurious eyes, minimal cranial vault) and said, in front of a state government sponsored fair gathering, "Wanna watch uh bull run me ovah!?" Fortunately, for those of us above voting age who paid attention, Bush's very own quotes ("Is our children learning? ". . .The internets. . ." "Mission accomplished") were so freakin' hilarious and untrue as to need no extra clownishness, mask, bull or anything else. W. was such a dimbulb that he served--well--as a simpleton, a self-referencing caricature of himself. He never got what he deserved in the US by way of mockery and disdain. Borat got more crap from "middle America" for his send-up of the national anthem at a rodeo, by fellow W. dimbulbs that couldn't see or hear parody if it jumped in the shower with them. Sheesh. . .

"The Internets" is used much more widely than just Mr Bush (and I agree it is a stupid statement), the "Mission Accomplished" was in reference to the Air Craft Carrier Group that he was visiting, that was returning from it's deployment period... It's Mission Accomplished... Obviously you were never in the military - just as obviously it was too good a target for the clueless media at the time...  Your other characterizations of him I will leave as it is IMO no more or less than many of the charcterization of other Presidents - based on the speakers political point of view...

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

First off, most of us rodeo fans,are not ignorant hillbilly bumpkins, and Second, some of us didn't like Bush very much either. Don't stereo type people...

#13    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,701 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

At least Bush knew that we have 50 states. "all 57 states" is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Topped anything Bush said, IMO, and that is saying a lot.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#14    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostTaun, on 15 August 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

"The Internets" is used much more widely than just Mr Bush (and I agree it is a stupid statement), the "Mission Accomplished" was in reference to the Air Craft Carrier Group that he was visiting, that was returning from it's deployment period... It's Mission Accomplished... Obviously you were never in the military - just as obviously it was too good a target for the clueless media at the time...  Your other characterizations of him I will leave as it is IMO no more or less than many of the charcterization of other Presidents - based on the speakers political point of view...

It's a stupid phrase, "the Internets," we agree. Your "Mission Accomplished" is revisionism. My military service is irrelevant. But--congratulations on your quickness to defend the indefensible.

Edited by szentgyorgy, 15 August 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#15    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Stories like these have me questioning my side choice lately... ;)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users