Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Smilies

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 21 February 2003 - 05:00 AM

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif Gareth,

You really need to give some of us (those who drink, anyway) user posted image an advance warning before changing the smilies on the forum. These had never been animated before,  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif ph34r.gif and scared the bejeebus out of me when I started reading messages in the forum tonight. Almost swore off the booze right then and there, but I had another shot user posted image and quickly came to my senses.  blink.gif Not complaining mind you, they are neat, but I can ill afford the shock the unannounced updates cause to my poor, tired old body.  scared.gif

BTW, are you going to bring back any of the 'devil' smilies, or aren't they compatible with the forum?

Magikman  uppydown.gif

This one  tongue.gif  really looks like a french kissing smilie now.  smile.gif                                                

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,839 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:18 AM

MM,

*lol* I hadn't got around to mentioning the new smilies yet, and there are still more to come. Big thanks to HD for doing the animated versions of them, there are another three that I'll be uploading shortly too.

I can easily add the devil similies to the 'show all' list if you like, you may have to scroll down the smilies list to get to them, but they would be available.

rolleyes.gif  cool.gif                                                

#3    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:13 PM

MM ph34r.gif  tongue.gif  These arn't animated and I spent a good 10 mins staring at them and waiting for them to move  rolleyes.gif
Its very hard not blinking that long, and when I did, I was sure thats when they must of moved!!!  wacko.gif

#4    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:45 PM

laugh.gif @ MM  see too many nites drinking and Vampire Chickies  and this is what happens tongue.gif

ohmy.gif  laugh.gif @ SaRuMaN you wicked person you.............                                                

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#5    Guest_PinballWizard_*

Guest_PinballWizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:11 PM

blink.gif  Isn't that peculiar?  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  ph34r.gif  These are animated when I use my computer at home which uses the IE 4.0 version browser, but the computer here at work uses the 5.0 version IE browser, and the smilies aren't animated.  I wonder why that is?  unsure.gif  wacko.gif

Gareth - That would be great if you could add a couple of the devil smilies.  smile.gif                                                

#6    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:47 PM

MM,  I guess that means you'll be using your tongue (I mean the
                 tongue) smilie alot more often!    laugh.gif

(I still don't see any of them boozing it up though)  huh.gif                                                

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,839 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 February 2003 - 04:09 PM

Back by popular demand - the devil smilies have now made a comeback. cool.gif

salook.gif  sasmokin.gif

#8    HD

HD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the mention SaRuMaN!

so thats- ohmy.gif  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  mad.gif  sad.gif  ph34r.gif huh.gif  cool.gif  blush.gif done

"You have to learn to love yourself after all you are the only
person you are guaranteed to be with for the rest of your life.."

#9    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:06 AM

Oh No I must be drinking to much I can't tell which ones are movin and which ones arn't  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  I do like that one though user posted image

user posted image                                                  

#10    albaqwerty

albaqwerty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 02:49 PM

wavey.gif

excellent posts! However, I'll carry on drinking thanks. If a static one moves,
I'll post it here first   biggrin.gif

keep up the good work HD !!!                                                  

growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

#11    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 24 February 2003 - 05:35 AM

HD,

If you're going to work on any of the smilies, you have to do something about 'Mr. Sniffles',  wink.gif  he has to be the most constipated, goofy looking smilie on the forum.  tongue.gif  Is there anything that can be done?

unsure.gif                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#12    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 24 February 2003 - 12:32 PM

laugh.gif  @  MM
       true,  he does need some relief!    sad.gif    laugh.gif                                                  

#13    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 01:59 PM

Hahaha you all make me laugh...as far as I'm concerned I'm happy there is still my little ninja face! ninja.gif  

I've been wondering on it for a moment, but could somebody tell me what this one is doing??? Is constipated too?screama.gif                                                  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#14    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 25 February 2003 - 12:09 AM

laugh.gif  that one could be too,  Ronin,  it's just
                   letting everyone know it!  

I just noticed this one   cool.gif   has sparkly
                  on the glasses now!
                (and I'm not drunk)  smile.gif                                                  

#15    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 01:13 PM

You mean you're not drunk at this time, right KC? I'm surprised you sobered up after that one night tongue.gif                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users