Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Area 51 officially acknowledged by CIA

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

I wonder what they left out in their release of info.

#17    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Area 51 was the biggest worst-kept secret ever.  I love that the govt finally acknowledges the existence of something the general public has known about for years.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#18    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,782 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

So, who around here thought it didn't exist, but now does because our good ol' government now disclosed its existence?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#19    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

I agree with those that feel the government hasn't openly acknowledged the facility there for legal reasons in the last few decades. Of course everyone knows it's there but to recognize it as an official site brings oversite such as EPA and other agencies into play. I'm guessing (reasonably sure with no proof) that there is some environmentally nasty stuff hanging about for starters. It also brings into play the workers lawsuits that have been squished in the interest of National Security.

All this is speculation of course but it seems more logical that there are now better legal reasons to admit it exists than not. .02

#20    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

What?  They have been trying to convince us for decades that it does not exist? So what else exists that they also denied? And they wonder why no one trusts the government?

Edited by minera, 16 August 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#21    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

CIA should stand for Central Idiots Agency.

#22    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• What is the more fun, inviting a wolf to dinner or having a tiger by it's tail ?

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

We have already been waiting for more than twenty years to hear the governments recommended protocols for visiting extraterrestrials and space aliens when we finally meet them. I know that I am NOT waiting for nothing. How about you, fellow Americans ?

#23    MrScioscia

MrScioscia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Crazy. Just crazy. Who knew? Just today, I also found out from my parents that Santa wasn't real. God, the world is full of such mysteries... I'm gonna go pray to the only thing I know is real... Jesus... NOT!!!

#24    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,656 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

I've spoke about this before years ago, but likely worth mentioning again.

To be fair, I can not offer authentication, as it was "he said-he said"

Anyway, here goes...

I have a friend who is a former NAVY Seal. He has a friend in California that, according to him, was part of a secret military project(as an engineer) who was part of a construction team within the mountain around Area 51 many years ago.
The project was nothing as esoteric as UFO bases, rather more mundane.

They, supposedly, constructed about a dozen secret jet fighter launch bunkers within the sides of the surrounding mountains. Even the main launch door of each site is adhesive-coated with rock and dirt, so as to hide their existance. The bunkers are huge and long, containing both a runway and a 24/7 pilot and support team "housing" unit at each bunker. When activated, the secret door would hydraulically open(pivot down) and the jet fighter would launch.

To my friends knowledge, they were never activated(other than for testing, of course)

The purpose of all this was to quickly and secretly launch fighter jets to intercept aircraft that was geting too close to the then highly secret prototype test facility, if the aircraft/ground forces got past the even further away initial standard perimeter defense.

Anyway, I have no idea how much(if any) of this is true. Just what I was told by a trusted friend.

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postminera, on 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

What?  They have been trying to convince us for decades that it does not exist? So what else exists that they also denied? And they wonder why no one trusts the government?

Not exactly - it never really was that secret and all of the stuff that has come out this week was declassified more than 20 years ago.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4313
Area 51 Facts and Fiction

Some say alien spacecraft are tested at Nevada's legendary Area 51 site; what does history have to say?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#26    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

Wow, your friend's friend couldn't keep a secret either.  That's why conspiracy theories are so hard to believe.  There is always someone involved with a big mouth.

This was to Palladin's post about his Navy SEAL's friend.

Edited by MacsMom, 16 August 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#27    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I can't wait for Area 52 to be revealed...

#28    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

I have a very powerful feeling it's not just a testing ground for aircraft.

#29    Calle

Calle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Everyone but few seeks Perfection, the few that does not seek it knows that perfection is impossible, because perfection is unachievable

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 16 August 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Area 51 was the biggest worst-kept secret ever.  I love that the govt finally acknowledges the existence of something the general public has known about for years.
they never said it does not exist, the existence of Base Area 51 & its location was never a secret, just what goes inside it, when you search for Area 51, only conspiracy theories appears

and who knows, they maybe gave this documents to redirect us away from the truth :)

Edited by Zerocoder, 16 August 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#30    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,312 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 16 August 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

I can't wait for Area 52 to be revealed...

It's in Utah

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users