Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Being ''plucked'' from death

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    beibeiqi

beibeiqi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

This is not my personal experience but an experience that was told to me by my boyfriend.
He had been witholding this information from me for a long time due to the fact that it has scared the crap out of him & he wishes to not recant it to anyone. We have been dating for three years and we pretty much tell eachother everything. So this gives you an idea about how freaked out this made my boyfriend- that much that he didn't want to tell me until he thought it was right.

So apparently when my boyfriend was a young boy he was out at the beach swimming. The next thing he remembers is being literally "plucked" from death. He remembers going toward the 'white light' but seeing death itself. He said he saw a scary grotesque looking man- possibly in a suit or not. And this man scared the crap out of him but he had no choice to go towards the light. After that he is back at the beach and grasping for air as he is being saved.

And he has told this story to one more person. One of his friends have had the exact same experience and almost identical story about the man.

And my boyfriend freaks out about it more because he says in the bible only people who are special are "plucked" from death. As he is convinced an angel or some supernatual force had grasped him from death's clutches.

Anyone ever heard any similar stories or have had a similar experience? Or anything to note about the angel vs. supernatural force that saved them from death?  Thanks guys :)

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yep, I've heard of someone being saved whilst swimming by an inexplicable entity. There's the car accident 'angels' too.

and this

Edited by NatureBoff, 17 August 2013 - 12:34 PM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,244 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Here's my question - how was he saved?  I'm assuming someone physically pulled him out of the water and drug him up on the beach?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    beibeiqi

beibeiqi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

Thank you for the information! I believe the "plucking" feeling was more aimed towards him being literally pulled from death by the entity. I think he was rescued after by the lifegaurd but not "pulled" like he was referring to before. Now my boyfriend is an army guy he isnt scared of anything. So if this scares him enough to not talk about it for three years I take it seriously.

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,172 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

A dolphin maybe? No pun intended with my avatar, just throwing out a possibility which has been documented.

#6    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,644 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

Maybe as his brain was losing oxygen it started firing off memories and somewhere he saw a movie or tv show or something like that where death was shown as a grim reaper type, and in the moment he believed he was going to die that was the image his brain fired off.

then a life guard saved him.

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,244 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 18 August 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Maybe as his brain was losing oxygen it started firing off memories and somewhere he saw a movie or tv show or something like that where death was shown as a grim reaper type, and in the moment he believed he was going to die that was the image his brain fired off.

then a life guard saved him.

This ^^^.

What your boyfriend experienced is the brain's standard reaction when deprived of oxygen for a period of time.  It's one of the reasons people who report "near death experiences" have very similar experiences to folks (pilots primarily) who black out in high G situations.

I hate to burst his bubble, but he's not that special - well, perhaps he is, but not because of this.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#8    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

@ beibeiqi:

Apologies for the insensitivity of the previous post. Most people on this site are like him

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#9    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,142 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

rman's comment made perfect sense in regard to the body/mind reaction to lack of oxygen.

#10    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostBeany, on 19 August 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

rman's comment made perfect sense in regard to the body/mind reaction to lack of oxygen.
He had a point yes, but I think the man in question would have been aware of this possibility if he's a soldier and trained for the effects of biological warfare. When looked at with all the other accounts of similar "angel saviour-like" events, I think it's more likely that something out of the ordinary did happen. Just my opinion of course. I'm a believer in strange events happening due to bizarre and cryptid animals we are not yet aware of, as opposed to a religious explanation.

#11    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,644 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

being a soldier and being trained is all well and good, but when you're drowning its a slow panic enducing death.

lack of oxygen makes the body panic, meaning logical process in the mind is hampered, coupled w/ the synapsees firing off in that panic.

its the same as any near death experience

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#12    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,142 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostNatureBoff, on 19 August 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

He had a point yes, but I think the man in question would have been aware of this possibility if he's a soldier and trained for the effects of biological warfare. When looked at with all the other accounts of similar "angel saviour-like" events, I think it's more likely that something out of the ordinary did happen. Just my opinion of course. I'm a believer in strange events happening due to bizarre and cryptid animals we are not yet aware of, as opposed to a religious explanation.

I'd like to think something extraordinary occurred, and maybe it did. Maybe what could have been hypoxia not only included possible hallucinations, but other things as well. Here's where we could speculate. Could hypoxia or putting the body under tremendous physical stress release some kind of chemical or hormone that contributed to the outcome, or caused the higher self to step in & save the day? Or was it angels or a cryptid? Whatever it was was real to him, and he survived, so it was effective, no matter what the cause.

#13    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adaptable

• 4,644 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, but then the poor lifeguard looks like a jerk for not saving him.

#14    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,244 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostNatureBoff, on 18 August 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

@ beibeiqi:

Apologies for the insensitivity of the previous post. Most people on this site are like him

Yes, science and truth are just so damned insensitive at times.

#15    Rose-Red Howler

Rose-Red Howler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Flower power Girl Power

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

To OP did your boyfriend describe the man he saw?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users