Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World's deadliest scorpion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

World\'s deadliest scorpion
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 02:11s

The Indian red scorpion is considered the most lethal species of scorpion on the planet.

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,363 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

And I worry about spiders :unsure2:

Posted Image

#3    bassai26

bassai26

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "Nobody can choose which star to be born under"

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thats great but it is just for now...there are other species yet to be discovered :tu:

#4    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Generally speaking, scorpions with very large "claws" are less toxic to humans, perhaps because those species often kill their prey simply by crushing it, no venom is needed. Ones will small thin claws often have potent venom, they grab prey just long enough to sting it and then release. The common black scorpion kept as a pet has huge claws and is rather docile and reluctant to sting; it in not considered dangerous unless you were allergic to its venom. We have bark scorpions locally, small claws, rather nasty sting, and some bark scorpions in the desert southwest of the US can be lethal.

Once saw a "Death Stalker" at a reptile store, a species of Fat-tailed Scorpion that at the time I understood to be the deadliest. Keeping lethal pets seems too risky to me, accidents can and do happen.

Edited by Sundew, 19 August 2013 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users