Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Look Alikes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 18 August 2001 - 11:31 AM

Does anyone believe that there is somebody out there that looks exactly like you, eyes, hair, nose just the face in general.

A friend of mine recently told me that he was walking in a mall when he came across someone who looked exactly like him, they both looked at eachother and were shocked then they they just powered walked away. He told me it was like looking at himself in the mirror. Could this be possible.

X

Oh, you should never doubt what no one is sure about.
- Willy Wonka

#2    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2001 - 01:08 PM

There was this show on foxtel along time ago and they talked about something like this. they said that the chances of finding your EXACT double is a 1 in 5 billion chance!!! So according to them there is only one pair of doubles in the world!
Maybe your friend was looking at a twin that was seperated at birth.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#3    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 18 August 2001 - 01:12 PM

Dowdy,

I personally dont believe that the other guy looked exactly like my friend but enough so that they could both recognise eachothers similarities.

X

Oh, you should never doubt what no one is sure about.
- Willy Wonka

#4    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 August 2001 - 03:48 PM

You have to wonder though,  with the amount of different ethnic backgrounds and body features as well as amount of people if there really is a double for every person. Chances of 1 in 5 billion is crazy but realistic. Thing is chances of them having the same personnality must be way smaller. I often wonder how many people think the same way as I do, which I think is probably the hardest to compare with. But I know I would be so intrigued by meeting a look alike that I would want to take the time to ask a few questions...just in case we were related. Would anyone else...or would you bolt off out of paranoia.

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#5    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 18 August 2001 - 03:56 PM

I would definitely want to compliment her!! :P
         Seriously, I would have to try and find out about her(without becoming a stalker!). I wouldn't be able to walk away - guess I have more of a curious nature, than a paranoid one; probably why I like this board!

NORA

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#6    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 18 August 2001 - 05:27 PM

Hmmm,

I think that it isn't possible, because your looks are created by your behavior, if you eat to much fat, you will become fat, it just isn't possible that someone does the same things and also looks the same (maybe with cloning).

Odin Supreme  8)

#7    tsky63

tsky63

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2001 - 12:21 AM

In Germany they are called dopplegangers......
It was considered bad luck to see your double and many considered it to be a warning of impending death .  

Many times my friends have supposedly seen me in various locations, tried to talk to me and I ignored them, only to find out that I was either at home or elsewhere when the incident happened .

Mistaken identity    ???    Not sure.....perhaps if it has only happened maybe once in the course of several years .   But many people have experienced this type of ocurrance with no rational explanation.  The odds of this occurring to one individual more than once have to be staggering. And yet there are stories where a individual is supposedly identified as a long lost friend and upon further investigation quickly find out that they look like their friend but appear to have a look of confusion about them.

If you were to aproach the scientific community they would smile and nod their heads as they made a quick call to the asylum .

There have been stories where both the doppleganger and his double where seen together but many of these are based on mere folktales than documented proof. Perhaps this is where we as individuals get the feeling of Deja-vu .  Traveling to places subconsciously without realizing it and appearing to be in two places at once !  We account episodes of deja-vu as merely dreams...........but what if there is more to this than we can currently comprehend         :o

#8    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 24 August 2001 - 09:15 PM

In the Netherlands they are called Dubbelganger.  ;)

#9    FarvLarion

FarvLarion

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 08:52 PM

It could be possible that two can look alike when you look at the family history.  Throughout the past thousands of years, different family lines have merged, kind of making this possible.

Abiogenesis (ab-i-o-jen`-a-sis) n. (Biol.) The theory of spontaineous generation from non-living matter [Gk. a-: neg.: bios, life, genesis, birth].  Farv Michael Larion

#10    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 September 2001 - 10:18 PM

Interesting...
 On my Mother's side, she has 11 brothers and sisters, 3 sets of twins amoung them.  None of the twins look even remotely alike.  My mother, however looks exactly like her younger sister.  Her 'twin' is five years younger than her.  When I first saw my aunt, it was very eery. They look like exact twins.  They have different voices.  The tones are drastically different.

Reese :-*

#11    R0bby

R0bby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 11:12 PM

In the Netherlands they are called Dubbelganger.  ;)

gvd, your Dutch is worse thatn your english Odin! It's 'DUBBELGANGERS' 'they' is namelijk meervoud, en het meervoud van dubbelganger is DUBBELGANGERS.

I'm sure that I would be totally freaked out if I where to walk in a mall and I came across my Lookalike. After I talked to him for 2 mins or so, we would probably be in a fight....;)

een beetje blond, maar wel lekker!

#12    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 04 October 2001 - 10:21 PM

R0bby.... Zeik niet*!

Odin Supreme  8)

*stop whining, you lamer

#13    R0bby

R0bby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 10:38 PM

R0bby.... Zeik niet*!

Odin Supreme  8)

*stop whining, you lamer

bek dicht, baklap

een beetje blond, maar wel lekker!

#14    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 04 October 2001 - 11:17 PM

Ach man, jij opgefokte neergescheten kwakzalver met een drol op je hooft die door het doorkruisen van een mestkever in mekaar is gezakt... ;D

By the way, I have heard that there is a change of 1 in 10,000,000 that you find someone with the same genes, so, let's breed some more humans! ;)

Odin Supreme 8)

#15    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 01:27 AM

I think that if the two people weren’t related in some way, I would classify it as impossible. Sure people share similar characteristics, but for all these possible variables to come together and to form a complete replicate I believe that the odds are so high against this being the case, that I would call it impossible.

Tommy

:s8

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users