Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Hairy Humanoid On Night Cam During Ghost Hunt

hairy humanoid

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

It's interesting in that it does show an obvious thermal image like the workers do. It looks as though it's a hairy humanoid which is slowly moving around to see what's going. No image of a "ghost" though.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#2    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think the reason the camera doesn't pick it up is because it's a ghost. Though I can see why one might think it's a humanoid creature. Of the two, I'd personally say this should be seen as a ghost video. But i do think it could easily be one of the crew members in dark clothing and the camera can't pick them up. I could be wrong though.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hairy humanoid?  Where's the hair?

More to the point - it's Ghost Hunters.  Do we really think that evidence of the paranormal is ever going to come from a TV show that's shot months in advance and sits in the can until airing?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 August 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

More to the point - it's Ghost Hunters.  Do we really think that evidence of the paranormal is ever going to come from a TV show that's shot months in advance and sits in the can until airing?
I agree

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 August 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

The idea is that a human would show a thermal image, but a hairy humanoid wouldn't, due to the covering of hair.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#6    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 18 August 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

The idea is that a human would show a thermal image, but a hairy humanoid wouldn't, due to the covering of hair.
All mammals give of heat, small or big, does not matter how much hair

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Looks like some guy walking.   He probably had to pee and was looking for a safe place.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#8    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

From that video, it does not appear that any movement analysis was even run on the ghostly video. In contrast to the video on the left of the "investigators", where you can see the very obvious white rectangles filling the screen whilst adjusted and placed to calibrate which areas the motion detecting software should monitor.

Edited by Mike G, 18 August 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

#9    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Psychic Spy

• 1,293 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

But Bigfoot always shows up on thermal cameras, and it's really hairy.

#10    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

Nope, even Bigfoot would glow white, IF we ever catch one on a thermal that is.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#11    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

It isn't an IR thermal camera that they're using, but a starlight camera from what I can tell. This captures light that is reflected starlight and moonlight. Human faces are shiney, which is why they show up white. Some of their clothes are also light and relatively reflective, which again show up whitish. The hairy humanoid would therefore stay dark, since his face isn't clearly towards the camera.

Attached Thumbnails

• hyenas_starlightcam.jpg

Edited by NatureBoff, 19 August 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#12    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

...or hes a guy w/  a beard and dark clothes

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#13    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

There's a couple of things about this that bother me. First, I can't see any hair or at least nothing that makes think it's a hairy person or creature. Second, in this day and age of video manipulation via downloadable software I'm just plain skeptical about it. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ghost Hunters get busted for doctoring some stuff?

I have no idea if it's a ghost, or some guy like me trying to find a good place to take a poo, or a Bigfoot.....looking for a good place to take a poo. What I di find interesting though, is that the guys on "Finding Bigfoot" did a show where they were looking for Bigfoots around an old cemetery and they tossed out one of their infamous factoids about, 'it being well documented that Bigfoots have been known to hang out around old cemeteries.' Now suddenly another show comes up with a really bad video around a cemetery. Coincidence? I think not.

#14    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 19 August 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

There's a couple of things about this that bother me. First, I can't see any hair or at least nothing that makes think it's a hairy person or creature. Second, in this day and age of video manipulation via downloadable software I'm just plain skeptical about it. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ghost Hunters get busted for doctoring some stuff?

I have no idea if it's a ghost, or some guy like me trying to find a good place to take a poo, or a Bigfoot.....looking for a good place to take a poo. What I di find interesting though, is that the guys on "Finding Bigfoot" did a show where they were looking for Bigfoots around an old cemetery and they tossed out one of their infamous factoids about, 'it being well documented that Bigfoots have been known to hang out around old cemeteries.' Now suddenly another show comes up with a really bad video around a cemetery. Coincidence? I think not.

Bigfoot's ghost?

#15    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostNatureBoff, on 19 August 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

It isn't an IR thermal camera that they're using, but a starlight camera from what I can tell. This captures light that is reflected starlight and moonlight. Human faces are shiney, which is why they show up white. Some of their clothes are also light and relatively reflective, which again show up whitish. The hairy humanoid would therefore stay dark, since his face isn't clearly towards the camera.

I went by your "obvious thermal image" comment in the OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users