Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Teotihuacan mystery

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Teotihuacan people used 30 cm thick layer of Mica from Brasil. Mica was used on an inner layer of the pyramid of Sun where it couldnt be seen. Mica is stable when exposed to electricity, light, moisture, and extreme temperatures. Now why is Mica so important to travel thousands of km? Light or electricity perhaps?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,998 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

I wonder if it might have been used to transfer SUN Light  into interior parts of the pyramid? Can anyone verify that an interior chamber exists   .. with a Mica Ceiling?

* http://teotihuacanpy...ds.blogspot.com

http://www.unexplain...pic=109576&st=0

^ short UM thread  about Mica Chambers

Edited by lightly, 19 August 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Lightly in thread you provide no where says thats Mica layer hidden. No why would one hide decoration? No sense at all.

Edited by Melo, 19 August 2013 - 07:21 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#4    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,550 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostMelo, on 19 August 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Teotihuacan people used 30 cm thick layer of Mica from Brasil. Mica was used on an inner layer of the pyramid of Sun where it couldnt be seen. Mica is stable when exposed to electricity, light, moisture, and extreme temperatures. Now why is Mica so important to travel thousands of km? Light or electricity perhaps?

...or it's bright and shiny and fun to look at and does not naturally occur near the city?

It's been a while since I've seen such a cheap shot to build up mystery where none is inherently.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#5    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 19 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

...or it's bright and shiny and fun to look at and does not naturally occur near the city?

It's been a while since I've seen such a cheap shot to build up mystery where none is inherently.

--Jaylemurph

But its hidden in pyramid. Not visible.

#6    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,550 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostMelo, on 19 August 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

But its hidden in pyramid. Not visible.

Bright and shiny for god(s) to look at.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,837 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

Large deposits of Mica are found in New Mexico.
http://newmexicooutd..._Mine_Peak.html
http://findermaker.b...-mines-and.html

And it is only about 1000 miles from Mexico City, whereas Brazil is 2 to 2 1/2 times as far.

What makes you think this is Brazilian mica?

I tend to agree with Jayle, that the mica was probably a decoration for the Gods. Or, maybe it was once an exterior decoration that got paved over. Those pyramids are built of hundreds of layers. Each generation adding a new layer of stone and decorations over what previous generations had done.

Edit: The pieces look comparable to those found currently in New Mexico.
http://www.ancientmy...eotihuacan.html
(see picture in lower right corner) (it is too big to post here)

Edited by DieChecker, 20 August 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    mannspwz

mannspwz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Lightly in thread you provide no where says thats Mica layer hidden.Posted Image

#9    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Would be interesting to know what they were thinking. But that's impossible, of course.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#10    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Die and Jay, you cant be serious. They did it for Gods. And why they didnt use something different for Gods? And why only in Temple of Sun?

Edited by Melo, 20 August 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#11    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

And most importantly why 30 cm and not 5cm if is for decoration.

#12    hannah-s

hannah-s

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• light one candle, don't curse the darkness.
    http://light-onecandle.blogspot.co.uk

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Generally thought to be about absorbing the solar energy that was harnessed for feats such as building the things in the first place. Mica is used as a resistance plate to contain energy.

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,837 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostMelo, on 20 August 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Die and Jay, you cant be serious. They did it for Gods. And why they didnt use something different for Gods? And why only in Temple of Sun?
Why only the Pyramid of the Sun? Probably because it was Hard to Get.... expensive in resources.

It was a Temple, right? So what is hard about the belief that the decoration is for the Gods' benefit? We decorate churches with stained glass and all kinds of iconography, partly to remind people of events and partly to decorate the structure so it is pleasing to the Lord. Do you propose that all temple/pyramid decorations were non-religious?

View PostMelo, on 20 August 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

And most importantly why 30 cm and not 5cm if is for decoration.
Because that is how much they brought to the site. If you have 20,000 bricks to build a patio, you don't just throw the last 8,000 of them away when you are done, you use them.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,550 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostMelo, on 20 August 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Die beat me to this.

But I concede the point that bringing logic and reason to this thread is an unfair contribution, and I can see why it would give rise to consternation. It's the equivalent of Die and I bringing guns to a knife fight.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,837 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 20 August 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Die beat me to this.

But I concede the point that bringing logic and reason to this thread is an unfair contribution, and I can see why it would give rise to consternation. It's the equivalent of Die and I bringing guns to a knife fight.

--Jaylemurph
You get the "Bazooka of Logic" and I'll use the "Flamethrower of Reason".

Edited by DieChecker, 21 August 2013 - 12:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users