Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Giant built giant pyramid Cholula

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Giant built Cholula The site was once called Acholollan (in Nahuatl) meaning place of flight.This meaning has led some to believe that this site was founded after its original inhabitants fled (from?) elsewhere.

wiki

:whistle:

Posted Image

Edited by Melo, 19 August 2013 - 09:45 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

It seems that all these Meso America threads all have the term "Some believe" in them. Well, "Some believe" that all this is just myth. Unless there are bones and artifacts, it is just opinion, and opinion is not proof.

The whole point of the Biblical Flood was to kill every single "giant". And it was executed by the highest Authority. Assuming there were Biblical giants, they all got wiped out. Leaving none to wander to Meso America and build pyramids.

Edited by DieChecker, 20 August 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Maybe they were referring to the Wright Brothers? :w00t:

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 August 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

It seems that all these Meso America threads all have the term "Some believe" in them. Well, "Some believe" that all this is just myth. Unless there are bones and artifacts, it is just opinion, and opinion is not proof.

The whole point of the Biblical Flood was to kill every single "giant". And it was executed by the highest Authority. Assuming there were Biblical giants, they all got wiped out. Leaving none to wander to Meso America and build pyramids.

Legend says that Giant fled the flood and built it. Then we have name of city-Place of flight.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#5    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,554 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

To be fair, since no one ever defines these "some people", there's no evidence "they" are not a roving band of simpletons, idiots and/or first-year university students, who may well say these things. It would explain a lot.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#6    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

That's what I thought the whole flood was for

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostMelo, on 20 August 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Legend says that Giant fled the flood and built it. Then we have name of city-Place of flight.
Could have been later giants then. Because supposedly nothing except what was in Noah's ark survived the Flood.

Why does "place of flight" = giants?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

how does a giant come into being? I mean because if where talking giants such as in the myths there pretty got dang big.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 20 August 2013 - 07:54 PM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 20 August 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

how does a giant come into being? I mean because if where talking giants such as in the myths there pretty got dang big.
It generally requires an "Evil?" miracle, I'd think. Since it appears almost all Abrahamic religion based giants are evil, I'd put the blame on Satan!!

#10    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 August 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

It generally requires an "Evil?" miracle, I'd think. Since it appears almost all Abrahamic religion based giants are evil, I'd put the blame on Satan!!

Another possibility, find a giant skull of something you've never seen/don't recognize and give it a humanoid body and 'Voila' you have a giant. Which is the likely origin of the Cyclops.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,209 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostMelo, on 20 August 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Legends say Merlin created Stonehenge and Joesph of Aramathea built Glastonbury etc etc.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 20 August 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Another possibility, find a giant skull of something you've never seen/don't recognize and give it a humanoid body and 'Voila' you have a giant. Which is the likely origin of the Cyclops.

cormac
I wonder what the skull and skeleton of a giant ground sloth would look like to fanatically religious pre historic peoples?

Edit:
Posted Image

Edited by DieChecker, 21 August 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#13    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,489 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 20 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

To be fair, since no one ever defines these "some people", there's no evidence "they" are not a roving band of simpletons, idiots and/or first-year university students, who may well say these things. It would explain a lot.

--Jaylemurph
No evidence but the prima facie evidence of the statement itself which, as you said, explains a lot.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#14    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 August 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

HAHA yeah I thought so because its very odd  if not impossible for people to just grow that big lol.

#15    Toon Pimpinz

Toon Pimpinz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• life good. true fact. when you give a hug, it givez back

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

theres a legend that the red sox will never win a world series, but shows how much validity legends have. jus cuz theres a legend something did something doesnt mean somethings true. member dat fool

:gun:

“Common sense is what tells us the earth is flat.” -Albert Einstein

http://soundcloud.com/toonpimpinz
http://youtube.com/toonpimpnz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users