Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook page was hacked

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,756 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Washington Post said:

An unemployed Palestinian developer named Khalil Shreateh tried several times to report a bug to Facebook’s security team. When no one got back to him, he took the (dubiously) logical next step: exploited the bug to leave a public comment on Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s wall.

“First sorry for breaking your privacy and post to your wall,” an apparent screenshot of the hack reads. “I has [sic] no other choice to make after all the reports i sent to Facebook team.”

The break-in, detailed on Shreateh’s blog (and in several agitated posts from Facebook developers on Hacker News), has been more than a little embarrassing for Facebook.

Read more

Lulz!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,347 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Ha, love it!

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,701 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

So much for the "your personal information is safe/secure on Facebook" stuff they tell the public.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#4    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,606 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well, this makes me very happy. Very. The guy deserves it from all angles.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#5    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Mark Z. should hire more security people to respond properly to issues like this.

He should pay this guy and thank him for exposing the flaw.

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,846 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostHugh, on 20 August 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Mark Z. should hire more security people to respond properly to issues like this.

Would you reward a burglar for exposing your lack of home security, as long as he returned your stuff?  (lol... only messin')

#7    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,653 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostHugh, on 20 August 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Back in the early 60's (or so) when computers were just really getting established (and I mean BIG computers!) ordinary people could not afford them as they cost Millions... But banks could... One bank (so the story goes) had a
programmer who noticed that the computer rounded all fractional pennies down - so 13.003 cents would be 13 cents... He changed the programming to move all those dropped fractional pennies into his own account and very quickly
made a LOT of money... The bank finally found out (of course) and rather than prosecute him they gave him a raise and had him fix the programming so that no one else could do it (after taking the money back from him)...

This was used in one of those 1970/80's Superman movies with Richard Pryor as the programmer, but it's based on a true event...  A good example of what you posted...

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostTaun, on 22 August 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Back in the early 60's (or so) when computers were just really getting established (and I mean BIG computers!) ordinary people could not afford them as they cost Millions... But banks could... One bank (so the story goes) had a
programmer who noticed that the computer rounded all fractional pennies down - so 13.003 cents would be 13 cents... He changed the programming to move all those dropped fractional pennies into his own account and very quickly
made a LOT of money... The bank finally found out (of course) and rather than prosecute him they gave him a raise and had him fix the programming so that no one else could do it (after taking the money back from him)...

This was used in one of those 1970/80's Superman movies with Richard Pryor as the programmer, but it's based on a true event...  A good example of what you posted...
Sort of like in the movie Office Space

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#9    MamaTweedy

MamaTweedy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• ?

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hahaha I hate facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users