Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

poltergeist activity?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    molko72

molko72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

This is not my personal experience but my grandmothers story has never faltered in 30 years. It concerns a possible poltergeist at a cafe in chester england. Chester is supposedly the most haunted city in England. This wouldn't surprise me as it has so much history dating back to the romans. My nan never believed in ghosts until she worked at swinnertons cafe. Within the first week she was asked why she was on her own in the room as they had a ghost. She just laughed and said she didn't believe in ghosts, The owner assured her they had an active ghost.

Lights were switched on and off and she just thought it was workers messing about. Till one weekend. She had to clean the bathroom. As she was cleaning by the toilet she realised she had left the cloth on the sink,as she turned the cloth flew through the air and hit her on the head,the room went cold and a chilling laugh accompanied it. The first words my nan uttered were ;damn you milly!' milly being the name of the supposed ghost. Why would she say this as a reaction?. Was it because in the back of her sceptical mind she feared ghosts?.. Did Milly do this to her to show her she was very real?

Milly was not her real name it was a pet name given by staff. On one occasion a young boy was found crying on the stairs saying he didn't like the lady who had tried to grab his legs from under the stairs, some rough builders saw her walk through the wall yet was two feet off the floor. These guys didn't scare easy but they didn't come back!. Milly was supposedly a jilted bride who hung herself in her flat above the cafe. The room at certain time of the year would smell of flowers.

I'm open minded and my family have had lot of supernatural encounters. I believe there stories but remain open minded sceptic. I'm not sure if anyone can shed any light on this story but i hope you enjoyed it and please if you ever get chance and you are interested in the paranormal visit Chester.The most haunted city in England!

#2    RockShaman

RockShaman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• If for no other reason, Space exists to fire our imaginations and act as a visible dream

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Fun story, molko, thanks :).

It is always interesting when something goes airborne and cannot be explained away, just when you are sure there is no such thing.

"Reality does not care one iota what we believe, it just is what it is."   - Waspie Dwarf

#3    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Would be interesting to see if the "hanging bride" story could be verified by local records.  Then Milly could have her real name.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#4    molko72

molko72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thanks. I will try and do some research and see if i can find any news fitting the bill!

#5    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

That's a great story! Yes it would be interesting if you are able to do any research to back up the hanging bride story. and welcome to UM :)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#6    molko72

molko72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Thanks Murk,i will see if i can get some information in  records but without a period it will be exhausting. The building had two clairvoyants visit there and my family were there at the time. There have been lots of reported stories from that building and it now cheltenham and gloucester. I'm tempted to go there but i live in yorkshire now and find it difficult to travel. I find tales of ghosts intriguing i'm sure people would agree there are such things as ghosts but what are they?. Are they really spirits of the dead ?. I am an open minded skeptic.Thanks for welcoming me to this forum i am sure i will enjoy reading the stories!.

#7    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Great story. I, too, had a poltergeist in my house, but it's either moved on or decided to leave me alone.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users