Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Saudi Arabia's persecution of 'witches'

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

The next time John Kerry or any other U.S. "statesman" goes to visit our dear allies in Saudi Arabia, I hope that they might bring up the issue of human rights, specifically the Saudi's persecutions of "witches". A witch hunt in Saudi Arabia is not a metaphor. They take their war on witches as seriously as the war on drugs in the U.S.

Accusations of witchcraft are increasingly being levied at foreign maids, as a way to cheat them out of wages. Naturally, the penalty for witchcraft is death. I invite all the UM witches, druids and shamans to voice their opposition to this medieval mentality. With "allies" like this, who needs enemies?

#2    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

The Saudis, along with most countries and cultures in the Middle East, treat their women worse than they treat their pets.  Women have few rights and are generally considered property to be dealt with however the "owner" sees fit.  Unbelievable in the 21st century that women's rights have progressed so little in certain societies.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#3    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

But everyone knows the Saudi's are our friends, and they buy lots of guns and tanks and aeroplanes from us!

Morality and ethics are never convenient to the Saudi's, why should they be convenient to us?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#4    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

*reminds myself to cover up my pentacle tattoo if I ever visit these countries*!!

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 22 August 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

*reminds myself to cover up my pentacle tattoo if I ever visit these countries*!!

Better to just not visit. Don't give 'em your money.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Its hard to believe an entire society can be that backwards.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostHilander, on 22 August 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Its hard to believe an entire society can be that backwards.
And mind boggling that the rest of the world doesn't understand that they want ALL OF US to live that way.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,797 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

View Postand then, on 22 August 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

And mind boggling that the rest of the world doesn't understand that they want ALL OF US to live that way.
what's really sad is that up until about 200 years ago, they were the advanced peoples of the world.
Sad how times have changed.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 23 August 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

what's really sad is that up until about 200 years ago, they were the advanced peoples of the world.
Sad how times have changed.
How true!  Personally, I've never forgiven them for creating Algebra (I think)  :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users