Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astrology Question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Resh

Resh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hello forum.

First of all I would like to say I didnt know where to post this because it falls on many categories so,if this isnt the correct board, to those of you who are sensitive to this sort of things I apologize.

I have been studying astrology recently.This post is about the different kinds of signs in astrology and how they are grouped in these 3 categories:

Kerubic: Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, Aquarius
Cardinal: Capricorn, Libra, Aries, Cancer
Mutable: Gemini, Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo

I know that it depends on their stability and I have found a description of them compared to a Wheel. Where the Kerubic is the hub, the most stable part of the wheel. The spokes are the mutable signs, and finaly the rim is the Cardinal signs  which are the fastest movers.
But I dont really understand what makes a sign mutable or cardinal, what is the difference.

Also any other insight would be appreciated.

.                                                                   Posted Image

#2    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Try searching for Astrology Modalities:
http://www.google.co...logy modalities

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#3    Resh

Resh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

• The cardinal modality marks the beginning of the season and the power of initiation.
  • The fixed modality corresponds to the middle of the season and the power of sustaining.
  • The mutable modality represents the end of the season and the power of change.

Thanks little dreamer, I didnt know that word "modalities".

.                                                                   Posted Image

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Astrology... what is a good for?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 22 August 2013 - 10:32 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#5    Resh

Resh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 22 August 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

Astrology... what is a good for?

Big Bad Voodoo

Its a long story, alot of spiritual schools include it in their teachings.

Edited by Palmy-Ra, 22 August 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#6    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Not to be skeptical, but, you do realize that the light from the stars which make up the constellations take years/decades/centuries to reach the Earth, right?  If memory serves, the closest star to our own is 4 light years away, over 400 standard solar years.

The so-called 'alignment of stars' at your (general descriptive pronoun) birth, are hundreds of years off target.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#7    Resh

Resh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostJMPD1, on 22 August 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Not to be skeptical, but, you do realize that the light from the stars which make up the constellations take years/decades/centuries to reach the Earth, right?  If memory serves, the closest star to our own is 4 light years away, over 400 standard solar years.

The so-called 'alignment of stars' at your (general descriptive pronoun) birth, are hundreds of years off target.

lol what a way to Not be skeptical! jk

Yeah Im aware of these facts of outer space.

Edited by Palmy-Ra, 22 August 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#8    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Don't get me wrong, I understand the symbolic nature of astrology, just was curious how it reconciles with stellar physics.

Edited by JMPD1, 22 August 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#9    Resh

Resh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Im really no expert in astrology, although ive been PMing with someone about astrology and the birth chart came up.

It not only tells you what your sign is (solar sign) but it lists the positions or constellations the planets were alligned to at the time of your birth. So its not only the constellation having influence but the planets gravity or energy influencing from different positions.

Edited by Palmy-Ra, 22 August 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#10    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Astrology is forbidden in the Bible.

#11    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

I don't know where to start. America packs the most firepower in the planet Earth and she has whole lot more astrologers than astronomers, physicists, and rocket scientists combined.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#12    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostPalmy-Ra, on 22 August 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Its a long story, alot of spiritual schools include it in their teachings.

I like long stories. Im aware of it. But in my research I never seen good aplications except that people ask for guidance.

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users