Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Hot Splash

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Hi I had an idea that I would like to test but do not have the resources so I figured maybe you all could help. I was thinking how the difference in how molecules behave while heated and while cooled. Suppose we have an Olympic high diver and we were able to dip them in liquid nitrogen and then they dive down into the water. Now we have our volunteer diver that allows themselves to be heated to 211.9 degrees Fahrenheit or 99.9 degrees Celcius and then dives into the water with an exact replica of the first dive. Next they dive at 212 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 celcius and then finally they go to the extreme of being heated to 424 degrees Fahrenheit, or 200 degrees Celcius repeating the same dive each time they change temperature.

Now I am wondering would there be a difference in the splash that was created by the difference in temperatures when the person is breaking through the surface of the water. In addition, could the surface temperatures act in a way to slow you down, or even help speed you up? Could there be a surface temperature in which you could almost glide through the water because you were superheating it with the object creating a tiny barrier of gas removing the resistance of water?

Theoretically could it be possible that you could create enough heat on the surface of an object underwater that it could possibly create a small void between the water and said object creating heat? If so, could you theoretically use that technology to direct atmospheric pressure for propulsion?

I apologize if the question is not worth thinking over.

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,046 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

I think it's an interesting question. I would think if a hot object entered the water it would vaporize the water around it and that object's speed through the water would be greater than a cold object entering the water.

I would think the same would happen in the atmosphere. I think I see what you mean. The hot tip of an object would create less atmospheric pressure, the cold bottom of the object's greater atmospheric pressure could be a propulsive force.

Is this something like what you mean?

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#3    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 23 August 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

I think it's an interesting question. I would think if a hot object entered the water it would vaporize the water around it and that object's speed through the water would be greater than a cold object entering the water.

I would think the same would happen in the atmosphere. I think I see what you mean. The hot tip of an object would create less atmospheric pressure, the cold bottom of the object's greater atmospheric pressure could be a propulsive force.

Is this something like what you mean?

I was thinking of something similar yes. What I actually had in mind was using the atmospheric pressure to propel something similar to squeezing a bar of soap with the pressure and that force causing it to shoot/slip from your hands.

#4    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,046 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yes, that's what I was trying to describe, rather poorly I think. How would this be done?

#5    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

I will use a submersible vehicle as an example.

Well my first thought that came to mind was that with the correct technology you may be able to create some sort of skin that can pulsate extreme heat and then cool down near instantaneously. If you had the means to do this, you may be able to create small voids via extreme heat between the skin of the vehicle and the water surrounding you. With your cooling capabilities you could "turn out the light" and the extreme pressures of the water would come crashing down (Even though the void is extremely small) onto the vehicle.  With the tiny void created, I find it likely that extreme pressures would come crashing down on your vehicle which if is shaped correctly, could use that pressure to propel it at extreme speeds. I think a traditional disk shaped UFO would be a perfect example of a craft shape that you may want to experiment with first using this theoretical vehicle. That would give you the ability to "Squeeze" at any 360 degree direction.  Is it feasible that you could program a pulsating effect with that skin?

#6    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,046 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'm no expert in this field, but you may want to look up Bernoulli's Principle:

Bernoulli's principle can also be derived directly from Newton's 2nd law. If a small volume of fluid is flowing horizontally from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure, then there is more pressure behind than in front. This gives a net force on the volume, accelerating it along the streamline
http://en.wikipedia....lli's_principle

Or even perhaps the Dyson Air Multiplier. I'm not sure this is relevant, though.
http://en.wikipedia....s#Bladeless_fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users