Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

The intention experiment


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

The Intention Experiment is a series of scientifically controlled, web-based experiments testing the power of intention to change the physical world. Thousands of volunteers from 30 countries around the world have participated in Intention Experiments thus far.

http://theintentione...the-experiments

Glowing leaf experiment

http://theintentione...-Experiment.pdf

The Germination Intention Experiments

In a replication study, however, they’d (plants) showed enhanced growth, as well as health (Journal of Parapsychology, 2003:67: 279-98)

http://theintentione...-experiment.pdf



A number of fascinating results emerged. Firstly, the experiment
showed that the intention had a robust effect.
As an overall average, the seeds sent intention grew 56 mm,
compared with 48 mm for the non-targeted seeds. This means that
seeds sent intention, on average, were 8 mm (about a third of an
inch) higher than the controls. In contrast, the seeds run in the
control Intention Experiments only varied by 2 mm.



The First Korotkov Water Experiment – November 30, 2007

http://theintentione...-experiment.pdf

The Roy Water Experiment: April 26, 2008

http://theintentione...-experiment.pdf

The Water Germination Experiments

http://theintentione...experiment1.pdf

The Lake Biwa Intention Experiment
March 22, 2010

http://theintentione..._Experiment.pdf



The Clean Water Experiment
June 13, 2009

http://theintentione..._Experiment.pdf


The 9/11 Peace Intention Experiment
September 11-18, 2011

http://theintentione..._Experiment.pdf


Furthermore, despite the suicide bombing in December, enemy-initiated attacks across the
whole of Afghanistan for the whole of 2011 are 9 per cent lower than they were in 2010.
So, in summary:
• Civilian casualties dropped to an average of 37 per cent after our September intention
• Attacks with explosive devices dropped 16 per cent after our intention, compared to
the average attack rate for the two plus years before
• Overall enemy attacks dropped 12 per cent from October-December 2011, compared
to levels in 2010
• Attacks in the Southwest dropped overall by 29 per cent over the year before and
drastically dropped by 790 per cent in September
• Attacks across the whole of Afghanistan for the whole of 2011 were 9 per cent lower
than they were in 2010.


Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 23 August 2013 - 01:56 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Plants showed enhanced growth. Study shows. Intention change matter. People laughed at Harry Oldfield when pictured human Auras too. People laughed when people babble to plants. Look who is laughing now.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 23 August 2013 - 02:15 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Sceptic where you at?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 23 August 2013 - 07:08 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#4    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tokyo

  • When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Oh boy. I´ll grant them maybe they can influence the growth of plants (didnt Heisenberg notice the observer effect?), but this "peace project" in Afghanistan..... sheer lunacy. Stupid hippies like this contribute to our collective doom.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,274 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 23 August 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oh boy. IŽll grant them maybe they can influence the growth of plants (didnt Heisenberg notice the observer effect?), but this "peace project" in Afghanistan..... sheer lunacy. Stupid hippies like this contribute to our collective doom.
"Stupid hippies"
Stupid hippies brought you the computer you are typing on.

"Our collective doom"
If what their doing has no effect then they are just wasting their time, really bigotry contributes much more to the problems of the world. You know things like religious discrimination ;) ;) ;) ;)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 23 August 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oh boy. I´ll grant them maybe they can influence the growth of plants (didnt Heisenberg notice the observer effect?), but this "peace project" in Afghanistan..... sheer lunacy. Stupid hippies like this contribute to our collective doom.

Study shows. ;)

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 23 August 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

The Maharishi Effect is a paranormal claim that a significant number of individuals practicing the Transcendental Meditation technique ™ and the TM-Sidhi program has an effect on the environment.[1] This hypothetical influence was described by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1960s and was later termed the Maharishi Effect.

http://en.wikipedia....aharishi_Effect


Tai Chi masters in China spoke about Maharashi effect
Tai Chi is Martial art Philosophy medicine...Mental emotional spiritual healing not just vital.


Big Bad Voodoo


Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 23 August 2013 - 09:52 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#7    brlesq1

brlesq1

    Fan Dancer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Music Box

  • Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Plants are one thing. Peace between warring factions is something else entirely. But if it does no good, what harm can it cause? It's a nice thought, regardless.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#8    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,128 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I think even the plant thing is pretty interesting. Have these experiments been repeated?


#9    stereologist

stereologist

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,104 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

The link shows that Lynne McTaggart is the person behind these so-called experiments. Pretty lousy experiments. They qualify as junk science. This not the first time such experiments have been tried. The pregnancy intention experiment was claimed as a great result until it was shown that the entire experiment was a hoax. One of the authors was a con man who was in jail at the time of publication. McTaggart is a journalist that is into crop circles and anti-vax and is cashing in big time on those wanting to get fleeced for the sake of blindly believing in woo.

I think I see now where your rant on the peer review process comes from. It is an important starting point for those that want to post junk disguised as science. Part of the attack also has to be some loony comment that science is all about maintaining the status quo. I laugh when I see that because no one believing such rubbish has ever really thought about this nitwit claim. Go to a scientific meeting and see how many people are reporting findings in conflict with the current understanding of things. Items I recall from the last 2 years:
1. New proposals for solar convection
2. New proposals for possible planets in the solar system
3. New ideas on dinosaur evolution
4. New proposal for a pole shift in the Cretaceous

There are lots of proposals for new ideas almost every day. You see it in the news. Science is all about new ideas and everyone knows that a new idea/discovery makes them famous. Maintaining the status quo? Laughable, just laughable.

Then there are people like McTaggart that claim science. The claims about the living matrix are about the same as those of Wilcock. The material has been proposed by others making up baloney, too.

I looked at the Lake Biwa water experiment. Typical junk. She gathers two glasses of water. The origin of the water is apparently of no importance. There appears to be no connection to the source and the data collected later on. There is no test how the water samples tested before the experiment. Why 2 separate glasses? Why not one glass split in half? We are shown something afterward without the details of what is being shown. There is a claim of statistical significance although a sample of 2 is hardly a real experiment and I doubt any statistic was ever compute. This is the sort of dubious mock experiment dished out to those that want to be fleeced.

The other people mentioned I looked up.
1. Dr Emoto - another intention experimenter who grows the ugliest ice crystals and calls them beautiful. Yes, I have read about his claims and find them to be without merit.
2. Korotkov - pushes Kirlian photography and GDV, gas discharge visualization. The latter being some sort of camera used in some form of alternative medical diagnosis. We might want to use the label scientist here very loosely since science does not seem to be his game.

Quote


Water grows polluted from a number of sources, including bacteria, chemicals or even a

change in temperature. These changes can also change the clustering of its H2O molecules.

Molecules of healing water or clean water cluster together in very different patterns than

those of polluted water.

So changing molecular structure is one highly powerful way to use intention to purify water.


Water with a high degree of structure (strong regular structure) is found in in the cytoplasm

of healthy tissue and a variety of healing waters like that of Lourdes.


The changing molecular structure line is what is known as a non sequitur. It does not follow from the preceding statements.


The paragraph that follows is simply not true. Water in cytoplasm is not highly structured. The 8 forms of ice are highly structured. Water in general is not. There are exceptions such as that found along the surfaces of hydrophilic surfaces. Water can form quasi-crystalline structures many molecules thick.



#10    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Poststereologist, on 12 September 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

The link shows that Lynne McTaggart is the person behind these so-called experiments. Pretty lousy experiments. They qualify as junk science. This not the first time such experiments have been tried. The pregnancy intention experiment was claimed as a great result until it was shown that the entire experiment was a hoax. One of the authors was a con man who was in jail at the time of publication. McTaggart is a journalist that is into crop circles and anti-vax and is cashing in big time on those wanting to get fleeced for the sake of blindly believing in woo.

I think I see now where your rant on the peer review process comes from. It is an important starting point for those that want to post junk disguised as science. Part of the attack also has to be some loony comment that science is all about maintaining the status quo. I laugh when I see that because no one believing such rubbish has ever really thought about this nitwit claim. Go to a scientific meeting and see how many people are reporting findings in conflict with the current understanding of things. Items I recall from the last 2 years:
1. New proposals for solar convection
2. New proposals for possible planets in the solar system
3. New ideas on dinosaur evolution
4. New proposal for a pole shift in the Cretaceous

There are lots of proposals for new ideas almost every day. You see it in the news. Science is all about new ideas and everyone knows that a new idea/discovery makes them famous. Maintaining the status quo? Laughable, just laughable.

Then there are people like McTaggart that claim science. The claims about the living matrix are about the same as those of Wilcock. The material has been proposed by others making up baloney, too.

I looked at the Lake Biwa water experiment. Typical junk. She gathers two glasses of water. The origin of the water is apparently of no importance. There appears to be no connection to the source and the data collected later on. There is no test how the water samples tested before the experiment. Why 2 separate glasses? Why not one glass split in half? We are shown something afterward without the details of what is being shown. There is a claim of statistical significance although a sample of 2 is hardly a real experiment and I doubt any statistic was ever compute. This is the sort of dubious mock experiment dished out to those that want to be fleeced.

The other people mentioned I looked up.
1. Dr Emoto - another intention experimenter who grows the ugliest ice crystals and calls them beautiful. Yes, I have read about his claims and find them to be without merit.
2. Korotkov - pushes Kirlian photography and GDV, gas discharge visualization. The latter being some sort of camera used in some form of alternative medical diagnosis. We might want to use the label scientist here very loosely since science does not seem to be his game.

[/size][/font]

The changing molecular structure line is what is known as a non sequitur. It does not follow from the preceding statements.

The paragraph that follows is simply not true. Water in cytoplasm is not highly structured. The 8 forms of ice are highly structured. Water in general is not. There are exceptions such as that found along the surfaces of hydrophilic surfaces. Water can form quasi-crystalline structures many molecules thick.

You skip this. :tu:

http://theintentione...-experiment.pdf

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users