Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Juno's Gravity Assist & Helical Gravitons

gravity assist juno

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,139 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 26 August 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Besides which, I have made a distinct left field prediction for the forthcoming Juno flyby and expected anomaly. What will be your response do you think if an anomalous lateral deviation to the left IS announced after the data is analyzed?
As you have not quantified your prediction nor presented any calculations to show how you arrived at it I will consider it nothing more than a lucky guess.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#17    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,549 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is this essay in PDF format? Perhaps you would be kind enough to present this to the thread so you can actually back up your claims. After all if it was so well received by the men of Cambridge was it? Then surely your not worried about the critiques of a few forum members.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#18    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 26 August 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

As you have not quantified your prediction nor presented any calculations to show how you arrived at it I will consider it nothing more than a lucky guess.
It doesn't really matter what you think, I've made the same left handed lateral deviation hypothesis on the Forbes website.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#19    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,549 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostNatureBoff, on 26 August 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

It doesn't really matter what you think, I've made the same left handed lateral deviation hypothesis on the Forbes website.

It does matter what we think. Your going against long accepted science and making some audacious claimes to back yourself up yet make absolutely no effort to present any of your data or proof that you wrote a well accepted essay detailing your theory. I might as well claim I found gold at the top of Everest while carrying orphan children and puppies on my back.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#20    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

Waspie_Dwarf and DecoNoir, I think you are both being too harsh to NatureBoff.

NatureBoff did give a specific prediction. It isn't quantitative, but it doesn't really have to be. He has provided justification for it within the confines of his theory.

Personally, I think NatureBoff's theory of ``spiral gravitons'' is somewhat ridiculous and rife with internal inconsistencies. I also think the very way he poses his theory makes it impossible to make a sensible mathematical formulation. But, I can't really criticize him on the latter point because I lack the interest to attempt to mathematically formulate his theory myself, and it isn't fair to expect everyone to have a deep background in advanced mathematics.

In the present case, NatureBoff has described a very specific behaviour:
  • Large, positive anomalous gain in velocity during the flyby, and
  • Large lateral deviation in trajectory during the flyby.
The word ``large'' is obviously a relative term and may be hard to gauge, but the italicized terms are definitely measurable.

He also provided some justification for why these events will occur (using things he has discussed at length in the context of his theory many times before):
  • The force driving these anomalies will be roughly proportional to the amount of fluid onboard the spacecraft, and
  • The force driving these anomalies will be related to the latitude of the closest point in the flyby, with larger anomalies occurring at lower latitudes.
While I don't think these justifications make sense, they are also testable - one can consult the scientific record to determine the fuel load and latitudes of previous flybys and connect them to the magnitude of any anomalies.

Now IF an anomaly occurs as described above it will not prove NatureBoff's theory - it could be due to something else entirely - but if there is a flyby anomaly as large as he describes it will cast serious doubt on the mainstream theory (which predicts no anomaly).

#21    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

Thanks sep

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users